BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Ok ok Sam has a system. If we can't get a player to fit this system then I'm sure he'd have the tactical nous to make it work with a different player who isn't heavily overpriced. If not why are mangers being payed as much as they are?

This isn't the Sunday league for gods sake. And if you honestly believe his tactics are as simple as pumping it up to a big target man for others to feed off then I think and hope your mistaken.

I play semi pro and that's the way we set up to play! Premier league it isn't believe me

I have probably forgotten more than you know about semi pro football, I know the levels, from Vodkat first division through to the Unibond as it is now called, there is a massive difference in quality with regard to pace, technique and accuracy as you step up the leagues, Rovers have not got the quality in other areas of the park to compete on a level playing field with midfielders of the class of Gerrard, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Fabrigas, Alonso etc etc. So we have to be realistic, West Brom tried it, Ince tried it, Kidd tried it and unless you have a wealth of talent in midfield, you are stuffed, to nullify it you have to bypass it, press the ball, win it, get it forward quickly and a top target man will do the rest, be it knock downs, holding the ball up or general link up play with the wide men or midfield!

No, its not the way I would advocate football to be played, I always set my teams up to play football, good passing football, but the better sides with more money have better players!! The youth team at Arsenal would pass Rovers to death, just as the Spanish took England apart, but they are paying more for youth team lads than we pay for first teamers!!

Coaching in Spain and Holland, even Japan and USA are now miles ahead of us here in the UK and we must act quickly if we are not going to be left lagging too far behind!!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way there may some slashing of wrists tomorrow when some news creeps out, but I would advise you relax about this one. Can't say any more just now.

Di Santo isn't coming [yet]?

I think it will be Joey Barton arriving.

Dont want him anywhere near the club but can see why Sam may want him and will judge him on what he does at Rovers IF he arrives.

Like Nicko said dont worry about it as it wont be true, Sounds like someones struggling for a story so is going to

make some gash up to fill their paper!

I think it will be Joey Barton arriving.

Surely not. For F***'S SAKE :angry:

I can only hope that Sam holds true to his word that "nothing will happen" until we bring in a striker.

(I'd take fat Vieri for free over Davies for £5m)

Like Nicko said dont worry about it as it wont be true, Sounds like someones struggling for a story so is going to

make some gash up to fill their paper!

It's a real story, but I wouldn't panic too much about it. Strange but true.

Sounds decent enough to me. We wouldn't be a Sam Allardyce team without at least one ageing superstar in the ranks. He's obviously not Roque's replacement so he'll add some good depth to the squad.

He's probably being signed to ensure we don't have to use Samba up front next season if we have injuries again - makes perfect sense really.

Archived