BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

The negativity and childish commentary of recent posts is just draining. For Gods sake put a sock in it and grow up.

Do you honestly think the whole of the board and the management team have been sitting on their thumbs for the last month? Signing anyone of quality is damned hard work and now, unfortunately, you can add mega expensive to that. Instead of moaning about what you don't agree with why don't you tell us exactly what YOU would do, and that's not an excuse to trot out a bunch of CM names.

Who would you approach and for how much, if they say no, then who's next, etc.. I'll buy you all a drink if you can name one top proven striker that's within our budget right now. I also bet that when you finish the exercise you'll be left considering Davies, not because he's your first choice but simply because he's the only one that's realistic, and in budget. :angry:

Give us all a break and just mellow out and WAIT.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone see him against Everton last season in the UEFA cup? Talk about legs gone! Too much weight - by that I mean more Fowler than McCarthy - and was basically brought on by Fiorentina as a last resort and to take the free kick they had, past it very much like Robbie was!

If you can match Vieri's record of 139 goals in 190 matches between 1997 and 2005, then be my guest, Colbert! B)

Might be a cheaper option too.. :lol:

Seriously though, the grand old man just isn't good enough for the top leagues nowadays- and I don't think this will come off .

Sad but true, he's been a bit of a let-down in his thirties, and at 35 it would be more likely to happen as a free transfer in January - to a club struggling against relegation. What a player he once was, though.

The negativity and childish commentary of recent posts is just draining. For Gods sake put a sock in it and grow up.

Do you honestly think the whole of the board and the management team have been sitting on their thumbs for the last month? Signing anyone of quality is damned hard work and now, unfortunately, you can add mega expensive to that. Instead of moaning about what you don't agree with why don't you tell us exactly what YOU would do, and that's not an excuse to trot out a bunch of CM names.

Who would you approach and for how much, if they say no, then who's next, etc.. I'll buy you all a drink if you can name one top proven striker that's within our budget right now. I also bet that when you finish the exercise you'll be left considering Davies, not because he's your first choice but simply because he's the only one that's realistic, and in budget. :angry:

Give us all a break and just mellow out and WAIT.

But isnt that why we have a forum?? to talk about stuff thats might,will or has happend??

boo to you boo!

I also bet that when you finish the exercise you'll be left considering Davies, not because he's your first choice but simply because he's the only one that's realistic, and in budget. :angry:

First choice? When Bolton don't want to sell and want a reported £10 million for him. Absolute ###### that he is the best player available for that sort of price.

I'll wait and see what happens but i full expect to be disappointed (in regards to bringing in a striker), we will either bring in an over the hill pieman or we won't even bother to replace our best player just like in recent years.

First choice? When Bolton don't want to sell and want a reported £10 million for him. Absolute ###### that he is the best player available for that sort of price.

I'll wait and see what happens but i full expect to be disappointed (in regards to bringing in a striker), we will either bring in an over the hill pieman or we won't even bother to replace our best player just like in recent years.

10M is within budget.

Who else is that could do a job for us up front? It's too much I know, but it was a correct statement.

I'm not inviting you to buy him but just hoping that by asking you to think about who you would buy and for how much that you may come to realise that, horrible as you may feel it is, it could be a choice of 1 from 1.

So I repeat who and for how much? What's your pecking order?

So I repeat who and for how much? What's your pecking order?

Pointless thing to say. Would anyone have been saying Roque two years ago? Would anyone have accepted that as answer if they did? There have been plenty of plausible suggestions in here.

Davies' goalscoring record doesn't warrant spending £5 million on him, let alone £10 million.

I am thinking the same as you Oklahoma. I would think our chances on getting Gignac would increase if Lyon was to buy Lisandro Løpez.

I also recall reading about Negredo as a swap deal for Alonso about a week ago.

Well, there's my two favourite targets slighty difficult to get. I hope we are getting my third favourite: Mario Mandzukic. One can dream.

I am thinking the same as you Oklahoma. I would think our chances on getting Gignac would increase if Lyon was to buy Lisandro Løpez.

I also recall reading about Negredo as a swap deal for Alonso about a week ago.

Well, there's my two favourite targets slighty difficult to get. I hope we are getting my third favourite: Mario Mandzukic. One can dream.

You've mentioned him before. Who is he? I know there will be loads on here who've heard of him, but I haven't, and since this is the second time you've brought him up, care to enlighten me?

i think nicko`s `cut wrist` news IS the signing of vieri. nicko has hinted that the club are unwilling to match the prices of strikers they would like at this stage and i think vieri will be brought in as cover in case they are unable to sign any of the strikers they need prior to the start of the season. vieri will provide cover until we are able to sign who we would like long term, which may take til the end of august 4 games into the season. this would help us out and put veiri in the shop window for a potential move to another club in england.

i think nicko`s `cut wrist` news IS the signing of vieri. nicko has hinted that the club are unwilling to match the prices of strikers they would like and i think vieri will be brought in as cover in case they are unable to sign any of the strikers they need prior to the start of the season. vieri will provide cover until we are able to sign who we would like long term, which may take til the end of august 4 games into the season.

thing is, that one would cause a groan and a lot of moaning and whingeing but hardly make us suicidal unless we really thought that was the end of our signings. It would surely have to be a lot more unpopular to make even the most pessimistic fans suicidal.

You've mentioned him before. Who is he? I know there will be loads on here who've heard of him, but I haven't, and since this is the second time you've brought him up, care to enlighten me?

You mean Mario Mandzukic?

hes a very good, strong croatian striker. Croatia have high hopes for him so unfortunately cant see us

doing any sort of deal with him. Álvaro Negredo has been mentioned a few times around Brockhall and although still

unlikely he is the more likely of the 2!

thing is, that one would cause a groan and a lot of moaning and whingeing but hardly make us suicidal unless we really thought that was the end of our signings. It would surely have to be a lot more unpopular to make even the most pessimistic fans suicidal.

It does smell alot like Robbie Fowler though.......and hes older :rolleyes:

Hope Sam knows what hes doing......Can you imagine the 1st game of the season

Etoo RSC tevez Vs Vieri McCarthy?

:blink::blink::blink:

i don`t think he`d start ahead of roberts and mccarthy, he`d just be on the bench as cover along with gallagher or the chelsea kid. as i say it makes sense as a temporary move if we are going to the last day of the window to get our main man. rovers did once do this(though for a longer period) in the fairly distant past with tony gale from west ham who was 36 then, and that worked out ok as a temporary solution. he even got a premier league winners medal into the bargain. the first of his career at that age!

Not saying we'd like it. Just that, if it was explained it was cover, I don't think it's bad enough to have even the most pessimistic fans slashing their wrists. Might be asking what the heck was going on and why we were wasting money on a past it has been but not, at this stage in the window, causing the depression nicko seemed to suggest.

I'm a bit confused about this "using Negredo in part exchange for Alonso" business. Does he not play for Almeria?

He was sold to Almeria but Real had a buy back clause, so he had a good season, they sign him back for 6 mill or so and then sell him on for profit.

Doesn't seem right.

Archived