BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the other hand i could be totally wrong and it may be about season tickets sales not quite meeting the levels they hoped. the darwen end lower has only half sold, and the more expensive seats in the jack walker stand appear to have been vacated in favor of the cheaper seats on offer in the other stands. not what the club had in mind i`d have thought.

then again it might be something else altogether :lol:

Vieri has been denied officially by the club a week ago.

Why do folks keep posting about him?

You are not normally naive enough to believe every word the club says. It may be true that we have no interest whatsoever but circumstances change. Perhaps as has been said we want a spare striker just in case we struggle to get one in before the start of the season. I'm not saying I believe that either but it is possible - stranger things have happened. After all Owen is going to United.

So Oklahoma, what is the low down on Cardoza? Are Benfica short of a bob or two at the moment?

Incidentally, stand by for Rovers to be linked with Pennant.

Benfica need to sell.

But I think that they will try to sell Di Maria first.

Cardozo can be a great partnership with Saviola.

I just hope the news isn't that we've failed to bring in any of our top targets for our Roque replacement.

i`d rather it be that than my second suggestion about season ticket sales, that would represent the death of us as a premier league club as we`d have to start selling every season to survive.

Because the BBC are splashing that Gazzetta della Sport claim Vieri is set to sign for us. Although I 'm sure he was 36 last week and he's 35 now.

Just read the paper myself and it says if my Italian, cobbled together from my French and my A level latin, has impressed and is ready to return to playing and will be offered a one year contract.

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. I think you possess some form of personality genius mixed with such a heightened sense of sarcasm that makes you unreadable through the written word. You are a hero to me.

Eh! Just meant I also had the impression that he was too young to be writing in a newspaper.

I find myself intoxicated by the exuberance of your most impressive verbosity.

Just read the paper myself and it says if my Italian, cobbled together from my French and my A level latin, has impressed and is ready to return to playing and will be offered a one year contract.

Return to playing? What's he been doing for the last couple of years? Eating? He's actually an Aussie, so he'll have no problem settling in but do we really need a guy who used to be the world's best striker?

Can you enlighten us Mr Nixon as to whether the Vieiri story is the one you thought would depress us? Then we can all sleep soundly without having to worry that there may yet be worse in store. If I'm going to have a sleepless night then I'd rather I know why

Return to playing? What's he been doing for the last couple of years? Eating? He's actually an Aussie, so he'll have no problem settling in but do we really need a guy who used to be the world's best striker?

He's just been on his hols and had a break from football (isn't he without a club?) And to be fair, did he play much last season? Less than McCarthy by the looks of him.

Owen should sign for Man U now if he passes his medical. It came out of nowhere yesterday. Like I said the rumour began at Newcastle and everywhere I checked I got laughed at. Fergie was chasing better - but hard-to-get - strikers as late as Thursday morning. It's not like him to panic, but he has. How strange.

I know what the Everton delay is as a result of my calls and they are looking a bit daft now because they will probably have to buy a striker. Ho hum.

And Villa want locking up because he would have gone there too llong before Fergie had his bright idea.

All this fuss over a half-fit yesterday's man.

By the sounds of things Nicko, Fergie got in touch with Owen on Wednesday. Surely he will still get other players in. If he does make a few more signings Owen going there could work out well.

Mr Owen has agreed to sign for Manchester United. Apparently...

According to my friend that knows him....

Again just passing on what i've heard...Not suggesting this is valid!

Put this in the wrong thread sorry

Am I the new Nicko? :lol:

Archived