BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

GIGNAC...£10 million or so...French international...likely to stay there in World Cup year...Lyon are favourites.

CARDOZO...£10 - 12 million...Benfica looking to cash in...very good player, but very dear.

NEGREDO...£8 million-ish...but Real want to shunt him to Liverpool in the Alonso deal and they seem to be taking an interest...like him, but won't choose Rovers ahead of Liverpool.

DAVIES...£10 million [at least]...loved by the manager, not so popular elsewhere...who knows who the future holds with him?

BENT/CROUCH...stupid fees, daft wages...considered and ignored some time ago.

JANKO...£6 million...you could do better but you may end up with him.

ZIGIC...Valencia want rid...you have not stepped in yet...and that is a good thing.

RUUD...fitness and wages problems well-known and scary.

There are a few others I know about but need to keep under wraps until they start moving even closer.

My choice from that list would have to be Ruud.

ruud.jpg

I hope so anyway :D

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does anybody think we may get a new improved benni mcarthy this season ? it seems his dip in form over the last 2 years has coincided with RSC being here . ive said it loads of times them 2 just didnt click, and lets not undersestimate the impact of world cup year on a player , benni seems to enjoy playin alongside a physical hard working forward like roberts , so he himself doesnt have to do the "donkey work" , maybe if we can get a " roberts type player " who has more quality it could bring out the benni of 2 seasons ago?

I always thought Benni and Roberts were an excellent pairing,when they play together they seem more of a goal threat.Would be interesting to compare their records when playing together for 90 mins against their records when they haven`t played together.

I always thought Benni and Roberts were an excellent pairing,when they play together they seem more of a goal threat.Would be interesting to compare their records when playing together for 90 mins against their records when they haven`t played together.

Yes they do to a degree, but the system I think Sam will play, will be only 1 up top!!

As it stands I for one am quite happy with the calibre of players we are looking at... Its all good and well signing cheapies from foreign lands and/or crappy clubs that may or may not make it... but we are looking at players that are the best of their type, currently playing in the leagues that they are in, wether its Portugal, France, Austria or England. We are gonna pay top money, because you have to if you want players that are the best in their current surroundings.

For me, it represents a lower risk signing players like this, that still have age on their side & may bring us a good return in years to come (be the return goals or finacial).

We are going to have to pay TOP money, end of. And by the looks of it the guys at Ewood have a good shortlist, lets just hope they stir it up and pull off a real gem of a signing.

(Oscar Cardozo for my money, but we shall see!!!)

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! :D

does anybody think we may get a new improved benni mcarthy this season ? it seems his dip in form over the last 2 years has coincided with RSC being here . ive said it loads of times them 2 just didnt click, and lets not undersestimate the impact of world cup year on a player , benni seems to enjoy playin alongside a physical hard working forward like roberts , so he himself doesnt have to do the "donkey work" , maybe if we can get a " roberts type player " who has more quality it could bring out the benni of 2 seasons ago?

very smart post. that`s exactly what is needed, a player that brings the best out of our most talented player, benni mccarthy. his form once samba was placed alongside him to do the rough stuff at the end of last season was excellent. we need somebody to take the physical pressure away from benni leaving him to do his stuff. funnily enough an emile heskey type would be ideal, but i`d settle for janko.

Oh stop taking things out of bloody context where has he CONFIRMED he will wait till the last day!!

Sam said “I don’t want to be involved at the back end of August if I can help it but that’s when actually they don’t get more expensive, they get an awful lot cheaper.

“So we may have to, but I hope not.”

he has confirmed my fears that that might happen. Obviously no one wants it to, but with out budget we have little choice but to take such a risk.

I love the hatred some English people have for Andy Murray based on him making a joke about the English football team that didn't translate well in print (and has been stressed by everyone involved since that he was definitely only kidding and the comment shouldn't have been printed), and a photo of him in a Paraguay shirt that he was made to wear as a forfeit by his tennis coach. There's some real hatred by some people that just comes across as completely ridiculous. I'm English by the way.

Anyway, I'd have Negredo, Janko or Cardozo at this point, £12m be damned. Just get someone in!

I love the hatred some English people have for Andy Murray based on him making a joke about the English football team that didn't translate well in print (and has been stressed by everyone involved since that he was definitely only kidding and the comment shouldn't have been printed), and a photo of him in a Paraguay shirt that he was made to wear as a forfeit by his tennis coach. There's some real hatred by some people that just comes across as completely ridiculous. I'm English by the way.

Anyway, I'd have Negredo, Janko or Cardozo at this point, £12m be damned. Just get someone in!

There is a phrase in football, both on and off the park, its the best advice I was ever given, 'Be Patient'

murray reminds me of dalglish in his younger days in that he has a natural dislike/mistrust of the press which makes him appear a dour figure. sky showed him messing about with some other players on a court which showed off-camera he`s a bit more lively.

There's a pretty daft story coming out of Germany about Dortmund and Hoffenheim being after Big Chris.

I would not get too worried about that one.

murray reminds me of dalglish in his younger days in that he has a natural dislike/mistrust of the press which makes him appear a dour figure. sky showed him messing about with some other players on a court which showed off-camera he`s a bit more lively.

He can't be bothered too much with 'image' and I think he is right. The point is he can play - and is a winner in a way that Henman or the Canadian chap never were. Shame he ran into someone playing the grass-court game of his life today. Big chance missed.

And you won't be getting your goalposts back either.

There's a pretty daft story coming out of Germany about Dortmund and Hoffenheim being after Big Chris.

He can't be bothered too much with 'image' and I think he is right. The point is he can play - and is a winner in a way that Henman or the Canadian chap never were. Shame he ran into someone playing the grass-court game of his life today. Big chance missed.

And you won't be getting your goalposts back either.

I knew someone would sniff round samba sooner or later.

And murray needs to work on his serves, serena would give him a run for his money......... most men come to think of it.

i think ewood i would is a pompous, obnoxious twit, just craving attention, maybe he doesnt get any in real life. Your not on a crusade for the good of your fellow message boarders you know ewood i would, so stop with your pointless jibing at nicko who is on here as a favour to us, hes not getting paid to come on here. Lets hope that nicko isnt put off by this idiot

Im very suprised that City havent become interested in him, especially considering they are looking for a centre back. He is our key man, the 1 player we really need to keep hold of for now.

Archived