BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

did you not once tell a story of how kamy fell out with you over a story nicko? Did he ever let it go?

I did a story that Bradford City were going to bump him...he was fuming with me because we were close pals.

A month later he got the bump and rang me to say what had happened and he realised he was being shafted behind his back, so the story had been right.

Only someone with stones could do that. He is a class act. Shame he didn't stay a manager, he would have been almost as good as Coyley.

Almost.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did a story that Bradford City were going to bump him...he was fuming with me because we were close pals.

A month later he got the bump and rang me to say what had happened and he realised he was being shafted behind his back, so the story had been right.

Only someone with stones could do that. He is a class act. Shame he didn't stay a manager, he would have been almost as good as Coyley.

Almost.

Sometimes, the good guys in football dont get what they deserve, and sometimes, not mentioning names, people who a clubs supporters think the world of are real, 'snakes in the grass'

after getting to know the prices of the players we are after, i can't see any reason not to try to get one of them as soon as possible.. really tought the prices would be much higher.. £10 mill for a young french international striker isn't much in my eyes

it is when you only have a maximum of approx 9m to spend on one. don`t forget we had 13m to spend prior to completing the signings of givet and nzonzi(total cost 3.9m). i doubt sam really wants to spend all the 9m on the striker and no-one else, he likely wants to spend around 7m on a striker and use what remains for a central midfielders wages(free agent). it`s a tough balancing act to get things to happen the way he wants.

I couldn`t agree more Shoelaces, and Murray does need to develop a personality, however.........................should the BRFC and Murray really be the place and person to take a pot shot at winding up Nicko or anyone else for that matter............. its hardly Football or transfer related.

You're right. I totally agree. Using tennis to have a pop at someone is immature and off topic... <_<

Ever felt like that Spanish guy Murray just swatted?

i think ewood i would is a pompous, obnoxious twit, just craving attention, maybe he doesnt get any in real life. Your not on a crusade for the good of your fellow message boarders you know ewood i would, so stop with your pointless jibing at nicko who is on here as a favour to us, hes not getting paid to come on here. Lets hope that nicko isnt put off by this idiot

Hence the reason i have their posts ignored - just made my blood boil!

I knew someone would sniff round samba sooner or later.

And murray needs to work on his serves, serena would give him a run for his money......... most men come to think of it.

I wouldnt put it past Citeh to start asking now their million quid option has not materialized.

i`d rather it be that than my second suggestion about season ticket sales, that would represent the death of us as a premier league club as we`d have to start selling every season to survive.

Start?!?

We have been doing that since 2003 with the Duff sale to Chelsea. Since then Ferguson, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Freidel, Bentley and Neill have all buggered off to supposedly warmer climes.

We are a selling club at this level. Full stop. Just the way it is. Nothing to be ashamed of.

However it does not mean we cannot reinvest some of the money well without making a profit.

Personally my biggest worry is the focus on strikers. Midfield is the big priority for me. We were crying out for a central midfielder last season and the season before. Suddenly Roque and Derbs go - who contributed bugger all between them in the last half of the season - and suddenly it is all about the strikeforce?

Sure we need a new striker or two but NOT before a quality midfielder. If we are instead relying on the likes of Reid, Dunn and Grella to keep fit then we may be in trouble...

Personally my biggest worry is the focus on strikers. Midfield is the big priority for me. We were crying out for a central midfielder last season and the season before. Suddenly Roque and Derbs go - who contributed bugger all between them in the last half of the season - and suddenly it is all about the strikeforce?

Sure we need a new striker or two but NOT before a quality midfielder. If we are instead relying on the likes of Reid, Dunn and Grella to keep fit then we may be in trouble...

well for me the main concern in the second half of last season was on strikers and the fact we, at times never had any fit strikers at all! meaning we resorted to playing a centre half as a lone striker!

whilst not disputing midfield has been a problem area, i would certainly say the striker situation was our biggest problem towards the end of last season. I definately would not prioritise a midfielder over a striker.

Anyone who has been following Blackburn will know a stable central midfielder is our biggest need. Most of our problems last sesaon stemmed from no having a top quality midfielder. Since Tugay aged and Savage broke his leg, we have suffered in midfield....

Anyone who has been following Blackburn will know a stable central midfielder is our biggest need. Most of our problems last sesaon stemmed from no having a top quality midfielder. Since Tugay aged and Savage broke his leg, we have suffered in midfield....

A striker is the first priority, I say striker but really mean a target man to fit in with the system of play the manager wants!!

Then the team can be moulded around him, thats the master plan whether we like it or not and like the other poster from Oz said, dont worry about Grella,

I think he will be a real asset this year after a proper pre season!!

If Robinson is offski to MK, more fool him- no loss if that is his quality of decision making.

Of that list nicko provided, it is deep breath, dig deep time for Cardoza so far as I am concerned. He is as close to a certain success in the Prem there is out there and given Davies was an attractive option for precisely that reason, my guess is Sam has everyone at Ewood emptying the piggy banks at present whilst putting the squeeze on Benfica.

As for midfield, Rovers have plenty of options at present (unlike up front where we are down to Benni and Jason with Gally and Samba as fall backs). Out wide, the choice is definitely an improvement over what we had in the second half of the season but there has to be a question mark over every player who is available to play centrally.

The issue is, even with £12m to play with, who or what could we but for central midfield who could stop the Big 4 playing dead in their tracks? Answer nobody. Whereas it looks like that sum might get us a target man as good as RSC in his first season was for us.

A striker is the first priority, I say striker but really mean a target man to fit in with the system of play the manager wants!!

Then the team can be moulded around him, thats the master plan whether we like it or not and like the other poster from Oz said, dont worry about Grella,

I think he will be a real asset this year after a proper pre season!!

Agree and disagree with you here Kelbo - agree that a striker is top priority, howver disagree that it needs to be a target man, and we are all assuming that Sam will play to hit a target man who will then feed the rest of play.

Big Sam has already stated that he is prepared ot bring in the right striking option, at the right price, with the right qualities, whether he be big, small, foreign, Home grown etc.

This to me suggests that if he is open to recruiting a smaller player, with the right skillset and eye for goal, then it also suggests that Sam isn`t resigned to playing target man football and is keeping his options and tactics fairly open at present.

also agree that grell will show a little bit more this season, would like ot see him get a good pre-season and see what he is capable off - certainly wants to work hard, challenge hard, and can spray a ball around ! - and to be fair, i like the guys honesty in the press about his last season !

Big Sam has already stated that he is prepared ot bring in the right striking option, at the right price, with the right qualities, whether he be big, small, foreign, Home grown etc.

This to me suggests that if he is open to recruiting a smaller player, with the right skillset and eye for goal, then it also suggests that Sam isn`t resigned to playing target man football and is keeping his options and tactics fairly open at present.

Hadnt seen those comments attributed to Sam, it would surprise me somewhat but if he has, I will hold my hand up!

If Di Santo comes, which I fully expect him to, along with Benni and Roberts, we are without a player who can play with his back to goal, maybe thats the plan with Vieri, I dont know, but I cant see Sam buying a striker and keeping Benni, Roberts, Gallagher and Di Santo, that would be five and we would have an inbalance and no one to change the system unless its Samba again and I dont think that should be an option.

For the first time in years we are seeing wide options in Pederson, Diouff, Van Heerden, Hoilett and I can see the emerging Doran pushing on this year too.

with Judge getting rave reviews from Plymouth, maybe he is another for the future and I expect, if Sam uses a 433 at anytime, Gallagher to be given a run out in three pronged attack!!

But with all these young players, Sam will have to carefully choose their games, I dont think he canthrow more than one (two tops) at a time unless an emergency or maybe cup games, but I do see improvement with the amount of younger players available this year,young legs coupled withexperience is a good blend!!

At £8m Alvaro Negredo Sanchez could be a scoop, but might be a gamble.

Height: 6 ft 1

Owned now by Real Madrid after they used their buy-back clause from Almeria. Whilst at Almeria , scoring goals for fun 32 goals in 70 matches.

and that is for a relegation scrap side.

AlvaroAlvaro Negredo

more goals from the season 07/08

Negredo is off the radar whilst Real Madrid are using him as a pawn in their Alonso game with Liverpool. But he would be an extremely interesting player to go for if all that falls through.

I think nicko has suggested that all the targets for striker are over 6 ft. I doubt we will see a nippy little'un turn up.

Hadnt seen those comments attributed to Sam, it would surprise me somewhat but if he has, I will hold my hand up!

If Di Santo comes, which I fully expect him to, along with Benni and Roberts, we are without a player who can play with his back to goal, maybe thats the plan with Vieri, I dont know, but I cant see Sam buying a striker and keeping Benni, Roberts, Gallagher and Di Santo, that would be five and we would have an inbalance and no one to change the system unless its Samba again and I dont think that should be an option.

For the first time in years we are seeing wide options in Pederson, Diouff, Van Heerden, Hoilett and I can see the emerging Doran pushing on this year too.

with Judge getting rave reviews from Plymouth, maybe he is another for the future and I expect, if Sam uses a 433 at anytime, Gallagher to be given a run out in three pronged attack!!

But with all these young players, Sam will have to carefully choose their games, I dont think he canthrow more than one (two tops) at a time unless an emergency or maybe cup games, but I do see improvement with the amount of younger players available this year,young legs coupled withexperience is a good blend!!

Here you go buddy - check out the bottom paragraphs of this link

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...triker/?ref=rss

Archived