BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still think in some ways he is - different players for different types of game. Warnock is better when you can allow the full back to overlap and Givet better if yo need just solid defence?

Warnock down the left wing instead of Gamst?

Spanish press today have us linked with llorente, another we've enquired about? Also states that barca are looking to loan out new signing keirrison (spelling) if he's good enough for them surely worth a do? Another paper has luis fabiano after a new challenge despite only just signing a new deal, would be worth a pop.

Llorente would be ace... he is at Bilbao i think. Luis Fabiano? the same guy thats linked with Chelsea,Man United and Barcelona?

So, Nicko has friends in the Italian and Irish press who will join him in winding up one small set of supporters? Don't think so

Turns out to be a storm in a thimble does it not? :D

Nicko is that Llorente chap we are linked with is that the same Llorente chap that played for Spain the confed. cup that scored against Egypt? I know on previous posts you have ruled out a move for Bent/Crouch too high wages is Beattie still on that list or is that one we can forget? what about Progrebnyak is he on the list what about that other russian who came on loan here last year Valeri Domochivski?

Nicko is that Llorente chap we are linked with is that the same Llorente chap that played for Spain the confed. cup that scored against Egypt? I know on previous posts you have ruled out a move for Bent/Crouch too high wages is Beattie still on that list or is that one we can forget? what about Progrebnyak is he on the list what about that other russian who came on loan here last year Valeri Domochivski?

No, different Llorentes.

Bent is still too highly-priced...it will be closer to £15 million before that gets done...there is NO way Spurs drop from £18 million to £10 million in a week.

Crouch will probably go to Sunderland too...he didn't fancy Rovers in January and is a bit reluctant to go to Sunderland now...but money will talk.

Poggie is not a name I have heard lately and the other lad was Bulgarian, went to a club in Germany and is not the level that you need.

I have got to say there are so many names flying aroun d just now that I think the club has probably asked about as many as a dozen - maybe even more. So there is a lot of homework being done, but I don't think there is a favourite just yet.

Although I would love to know why your manager went missing on Friday. ;) Working on that one.

No, different Llorentes.

Bent is still too highly-priced...it will be closer to £15 million before that gets done...there is NO way Spurs drop from £18 million to £10 million in a week.

Crouch will probably go to Sunderland too...he didn't fancy Rovers in January and is a bit reluctant to go to Sunderland now...but money will talk.

Poggie is not a name I have heard lately and the other lad was Bulgarian, went to a club in Germany and is not the level that you need.

I have got to say there are so many names flying aroun d just now that I think the club has probably asked about as many as a dozen - maybe even more. So there is a lot of homework being done, but I don't think there is a favourite just yet.

Although I would love to know why your manager went missing on Friday. ;) Working on that one.

Perhaps he didn't feel like coming to work in the torrential rain we had!

Is Cardoza totally out of our reach Nicko? He looks a cracking player.

We will never agree about Davies but I do respect your opinion in most areas (for a tease :D ).

Any developments on the 'very strange Pompey story' you mentioned last night Alan?

Club without owner or manager bidding for a player...at a time when they are selling their best men at quickly-reducing prices?

Beats me.

Ah, Vieri isn't so bad. If we could get a decent season or two out of him, that would be sweet. Could also boost the image of the club a little, even if he is a fading star. And rest assured Sam won't gamble on him unless he's 99.9% fit.

Ah, Vieri isn't so bad. If we could get a decent season or two out of him, that would be sweet. Could also boost the image of the club a little, even if he is a fading star. And rest assured Sam won't gamble on him unless he's 99.9% fit.

Surely if he does impress he's up for a pay-as-you-play arrangement? 20K per match started, 10K per appearance off the bench, 25K per goal? My figures may be way off I know, but even Vieri must realise that any contract he receives at this point will be almost entirely incentive based, at least from Sam and JW and co.

To my mind the Vieri thing costs us almost nothing. Yeah it failed with Fowler last year, but it's not like we're in a deep hole because of that. Small risk with high reward potential, however unlikely.

Having said that there's a good chance he doesn't impress in Austria and he's off.

• Backroom

I think this vieri thing outlines the difference being foreign with a fancy name makes, similar situation to Fowler last year, totally different reactions.

Although I must admit signing Vieri would make me a little excited

I think this vieri thing outlines the difference being foreign with a fancy name makes, similar situation to Fowler last year, totally different reactions.

Although I must admit signing Vieri would make me a little excited

why? Were you excited when we signed Fowler? Just because he is foreign does not alter the fact he has been finished for years.

Archived