BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Club without owner or manager bidding for a player...at a time when they are selling their best men at quickly-reducing prices?

Beats me.

Nicko, there was a UAE based guy on the radio the other night who claimed to be a big football fan (Arsenal) and well connected to the proposed Pompey buyer. He said the delay with completing the buy out was down to due diligence only and that when complete there were great things in the pipeline for Portsmouth. He finished by saying that he wished he supported them and not Arsenal.

Have you heard different?

why? Were you excited when we signed Fowler? Just because he is foreign does not alter the fact he has been finished for years.

I wasn't excited by Fowler and won't be by this if if goes through. However, we'll presumably be very careful to make sure it doesn't cost us much and there are get outs both ways, so nor am i suicidal about it. Couldn't care less either way about sums it up. The only difference from Fowler is that so far the boss isn't bigging him up.

I think this vieri thing outlines the difference being foreign with a fancy name makes, similar situation to Fowler last year, totally different reactions.

Who would you trust?

Big Sam - Who has a pedigree for rejuvenating older players.

OR

Ince - Who was giving his old mate one last crack at the big time?

The difference here is Sam knows what he's doing. I imagine we'll still be looking at Di Santo and another striker with the Roque money.

Club without owner or manager bidding for a player...at a time when they are selling their best men at quickly-reducing prices?

Beats me.

Thanks for the link Ewood Glory.

The world of Pompey gets murkier and murkier. Dr. Thaksin, Dr. Sulemain. It seems any dodgy (allegedly) individual can affix the title 'Dr' before his name, and then bid for any ropey old club in distress. Maybe 'Tony Gale's Mic' should have made a bid for Accy Stanley?

I have a feeling it is only letters to newspapers from libel lawyers keeping the whole Portsmouth saga out of the public domain.

Beats me.

Nicko, Just on that topic I heard Distin was leaving but i am not sure who to, any ideas?

Pompey will be relegated next season I am sure!

Nicko, Just on that topic I heard Distin was leaving but i am not sure who to, any ideas?

Pompey will be relegated next season I am sure!

Well they shoud have been a couple of years back and somehow managed to survive. Will serve then right if they are. Didn't like them years ago when the Boro played them in the old second division and they haven't improved.

nicko: can you tell me why david hoilett isn't in the squad for the trip to austria?

I believe players who get work permits have to actually leave the country to come back in...presumably that is why...I would imagine he has to go 'home' to Canada and then re-enter.

Nicko is that Llorente chap we are linked with is that the same Llorente chap that played for Spain the confed. cup that scored against Egypt? I know on previous posts you have ruled out a move for Bent/Crouch too high wages is Beattie still on that list or is that one we can forget? what about Progrebnyak is he on the list what about that other russian who came on loan here last year Valeri Domochivski?

it's fernando llorente of bilbao, played 4 times 2 goals.

Beats me.

Nicko,

Do you think Pompey have a chance of getting Fernando Belluschi? He is a cracking player!

Our coach Karl Robinson is set to join Ince as his new MK assistant...apparently.

I suspected this would be the case since nicko announced it. Friends or not, you don't drop two levels down unless it's for a better role.

Interesting link for those criticising the interest in Davies: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Top10Str...,,12306,00.html

6th best striker last season according to Actim Index, and 20th best player overall.

Looking at that table, he was better than the likes of Robinho, Rooney, Crouch and Torres. Considering that, 5mil doesn't sound too bad...

Personally, not a fan though and would rather someone else, but just thought I'd share some statistics.

Our coach Karl Robinson is set to join Ince as his new MK assistant...apparently.

Means we can get Ricky Sabragia in, much better coach and knows Sam well, if that happened, no loss at all, we would be better for it!!

Anybody fancy translating?

basically he'd made comments about the chairman I think it was and how he was always undermining him even from the stands during games to fans, to the management team to anyone who would listen. Rothen made some comments about it a few weeks ago and they called him to a meeting yesterday following which they suspended him and will punish him next week. Can't remember what else it said but nothing of importance.

basically he'd made comments about the chairman I think it was and how he was always undermining him even from the stands during games to fans, to the management team to anyone who would listen. Rothen made some comments about it a few weeks ago and they called him to a meeting yesterday following which they suspended him and will punish him next week. Can't remember what else it said but nothing of importance.

Interesting...thank you.

Interesting link for those criticising the interest in Davies: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Top10Str...,,12306,00.html

6th best striker last season according to Actim Index, and 20th best player overall.

Looking at that table, he was better than the likes of Robinho, Rooney, Crouch and Torres. Considering that, 5mil doesn't sound too bad...

Personally, not a fan though and would rather someone else, but just thought I'd share some statistics.

Yeah, the same statistics that suggest Dirk Kuyt was the second best player and striker last season. Maybe we should buy him?

Yeah, the same statistics that suggest Dirk Kuyt was the second best player and striker last season. Maybe we should buy him?

Or Berbatov at 4, what a superstar he was last year. Didn't look uninterested at all....

i think ewood i would is a pompous, obnoxious twit, just craving attention, maybe he doesnt get any in real life. Your not on a crusade for the good of your fellow message boarders you know ewood i would, so stop with your pointless jibing at nicko who is on here as a favour to us, hes not getting paid to come on here. Lets hope that nicko isnt put off by this idiot

please dont reply when he posts.... it just means he is getting the attention he want and knows he is winding everyone up....

You mean the same Dirk Kuyt who scored 12 premier leagues last year and started EVERY single game? Why would we want a player who has the backing Benitez who was challenging for the title last year...

Kuyt is similar to Davies in the sense that he is vastly underrated by a lot of people but not by his team mates and management.

Kuyt is similar to Davies in the sense that he is vastly underrated by a lot of people but not by his team mates and management.

Davies is far better than Kuyt. Kuyt is awful.

Archived