BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Yeah, the same statistics that suggest Dirk Kuyt was the second best player and striker last season. Maybe we should buy him?

I would rather have Kuyt than most players on our team right now, I dont know what you were getting at with that comment.

Davis on the other hand... not so much. Even though I could see the use Sam would have for him.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dirk kuyt reminds me of dickov, he works really hard, but technically fekin useless!!

No wonder Dunny says, I dont go on to mesageboards cos people dont understand football!!!

I am amazed at that comment, totally bemused :wacko:

No wonder Dunny says, I dont go on to mesageboards cos people dont understand football!!!

I am amazed at that comment, totally bemused :wacko:

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Dirk Kuyt is a much underated player, he never stops running. He reminds me of Bert in that regard but Kuyt can actually finish.

dirk kuyt reminds me of dickov, he works really hard, but technically fekin useless!!

No way, he's just needs a lot of chances to score.

How many games did Kuyt play upfront last year? Compare his right wing play to Diouf and you've got similar players except Kuyt is more dynamic and scores more :-)

Interesting link for those criticising the interest in Davies: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Top10Str...,,12306,00.html

6th best striker last season according to Actim Index, and 20th best player overall.

Looking at that table, he was better than the likes of Robinho, Rooney, Crouch and Torres. Considering that, 5mil doesn't sound too bad...

Personally, not a fan though and would rather someone else, but just thought I'd share some statistics.

Funny thing stats. imo Davies is a good player and a handful for any cetre half BUT Dirk Kuyt in second place and Torres in 10th!!!!!! wtf :o

I suspected this would be the case since nicko announced it. Friends or not, you don't drop two levels down unless it's for a better role.

Or unless you have been told that someone else is coming in to take your job and you are with the kids. :huh:

My thoughts exactly, not sure he'd come though.

See above Gav. Bruce might not want Slands equivalent to Tony Parkes hanging around like a monkey on his shoulder. Rem Hughes got shut of Parkes asap and probably rightly so.

Are you tekkin the ###### lad? Kuyt is probably one of Liverpools most technical players...great balance, turns either way very quickly, keeps the ball in tight areas, good in the air, scores vital goals.....Yeah, just like Dickov.... :huh::huh:

SAM'S MYSTERY TRIP...is to Portgual for a Bobby Robson 'do' and some golf...word reacjes me he may miss the trip to Austria as that is only for fitness work...and hopefully he has calles to make on strikers.

BELLUSCHI...his agent Pini Zahavi wants the Portsmouth move to happen, so the move may well happen because of his connections with their current and next owner.

SAM'S MYSTERY TRIP...is to Portgual for a Bobby Robson 'do' and some golf...word reacjes me he may miss the trip to Austria as that is only for fitness work...and hopefully he has calles to make on strikers.

Interesting... Perhaps at the same time he could end up meeting Benfica officials/agents to discuss the availability of Cardozo?

BELLUSCHI...his agent Pini Zahavi wants the Portsmouth move to happen, so the move may well happen because of his connections with their current and next owner.

So if Vieri is training with us in Austria, Sam isn't there to see it? Seems odd if that's the case, and implies a decision is largely made before it even starts.

Hopefully he's got his green cardozo with him.

OUCH!

So if Vieri is training with us in Austria, Sam isn't there to see it? Seems odd if that's the case, and implies a decision is largely made before it even starts.

I believe the Austria trip is just for fitness and conditioning...waiting on word about the arrival of trialists...

Not sure that Sam is meeting Cardozo or his people...the bash is a tribute to Robson and has been arranged for some time.

One small piece of transfer news...

Brian Hodge has gone from Rovers to the mighty Partick Thistle on a free. Missed out on joining Hibs when Mixu Paatelainen was sacked and also trained at St.Mirren. Has signed for 'one team in Glasgow' as replacement for the late departed Gary Harkins also once of this parish.

Wish him well? What do you think?

There won't be an 11 o'clocker because I don't have any Rovers lines for you. An awful lot of things going on, but no need to clutter the board.

Paul Quinn to Cardiff and Ronald Zubar to Wolves today makes it 26 for the window, which is knoan as a 'Jack Bauer on overtime' in the trade.

Archived