BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't we go for Jo? What's his price, about 10, or is it higher (in which case we couldn't afford it)?

(and before the wisearses chime in, that's 10 million.)

Jo is not terribly good. Everton are trying to take him on loan for another season. Man City - or whoever his owners are - would like him to go somewhere, do very well and get sold.

Barclays Premier League Table

Monday, 8 June 2009 20:54 UK

P GD PTS

1 Arsenal 0 0 0

2 Aston Villa 0 0 0

3 Birmingham 0 0 0

4 Blackburn 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Bolton 0 0 0

6 Burnley 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Chelsea 0 0 0

8 Everton 0 0 0

9 Fulham 0 0 0

10 Hull 0 0 0

11 Liverpool 0 0 0

12 Man City 0 0 0

13 Man Utd 0 0 0

14 Portsmouth 0 0 0

15 Stoke 0 0 0

16 Sunderland 0 0 0

17 Tottenham 0 0 0

18 West Ham 0 0 0

19 Wigan 0 0 0

20 Wolverhampton 0 0 0

The BBC doesnt lie, looks like our signings have proven to be smart moves . Keep it up guys we may be able to sustain the position through to August : )

Fascinating reply Nico.

FULHAM- ffan cares. More to the point, unlike at Rovers, Woy is proving a shrewd transfer operator for them. If Al Fayed has £20m going spare (possibly unlikely in the current economic climate), Fulham could become massive pains in the rear end for larger clubs looking at CL place pushes. And for Rovers who should be top ten contenders based on the last 20 games of last season.

SUNDERLAND- have to make outspending all other clubs around them pay off eventually I suppose.

POMPEY- I just wonder if the FA/UEFA think this is the time to kick Zihavi's rear end?

SPURS- naughty! I hadn't named names when it comes to Rovers players. I think you are right, it really depends which number on the roulette wheel 'Arry happens to be looking at when Levy finally eventually makes a player sale.

Fulham wont get near the CL places, at least not in terms of points to really scare the big four.

Position wise there is a possibility of top 8, anywhere between 6th and 8th Id say, but 20 million wont be enough.

I think the the race for finishing 5th and 6th will be a very competitive one now.

Fulham wont get near the CL places, at least not in terms of points to really scare the big four.

Position wise there is a possibility of top 8, anywhere between 6th and 8th Id say, but 20 million wont be enough.

I think the the race for finishing 5th and 6th will be a very competitive one now.

Note I said Fulham would upset the CL wannabes. £20m in Woy's hands on his current transfer form could cause serious damage to the rest of the PL.

Am I missing something in this thread?

Doesn't the Blackburn Rovers bit mean it's about, well Rovers? Not all and sundry - there's another thread for that.

I seem to recall there was an embargo on anything non-Rovers in the Rovers threads previously; why isn't it happening now?

Doesn't the Blackburn Rovers bit mean it's about, well Rovers? Not all and sundry - there's another thread for that.

I seem to recall there was an embargo on anything non-Rovers in the Rovers threads previously; why isn't it happening now?

Because everyone is bored that there hasn't been any real Rovers news for about a week now?

Because everyone is bored that there hasn't been any real Rovers news for about a week now?

I suspect that's the reason for a lot of the 'arguments' on here in the last few days too. (Not aimed at you, Boots!)

Don't know if it has anything to do with Rothen leaving PSG but Christophe Jallet has just signed for them from Lorient, plays in various midfield positions, but has been told he'll be playing wide.

Just realised this is absolute rubbish. The guy is a defender, not a midfielder. It has been a long few days in our house and my brain, or what goes by that name, is turning to mush. However, Jallet is still signing for PSG.

Nicko, is there any chance of a brief round-up of each teams current targets, so we can get a jist of how strong each team could/will be, compared to last season, please?

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers

Burnley

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Hull City

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Portsmouth

Stoke City

Sunderland

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

Wigan Athletic

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure he would love to if you went and dug his garden over and painted his gable end for nowt.

Can't see Fergie letting him out after losing Ronaldo and Tevez and can't see Scholes fancying it either.

Big mistake if that is the case. MU have some increasingly weak spots in their squad swallowing big wages. They seriously need to get rid of Giggs, Scholes and Neville. VDS too before long. There can be no room for sentimentallity in top level football.

Rovers have to play each and every one of those teams (barring themselves of course). So you're saying that asking how each and every one of those teams will be strengthening their side isn't relevant to Rovers?

Still waiting...settle for the painting.

I could do a digital version?

I now have my degree to tell me (and others) that I'm good at that :lol:

Big mistake if that is the case. MU have some increasingly weak spots in their squad swallowing big wages. They seriously need to get rid of Giggs, Scholes and Neville. VDS too before long. There can be no room for sentimentallity in top level football.

And where do you find cheap replacements? Man U need every last drop out of their oldies, especially next season.

Archived