BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Just a small note on how prices have gone stupid...

Hamburg are signing the Dutch winger Eljero Elia who was watched by Rovers this time last year. He was about £2 million's worth then...and he has just moved for around £7 million.

Crazy.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamburg are signing the Dutch winger Eljero Elia who was watched by Rovers this time last year. He was about £2 million's worth then...and he has just moved for around £7 million.

Crazy.

maybe we should have signed him then.... why didnt we?

FULHAM- ffan cares. More to the point, unlike at Rovers, Woy is proving a shrewd transfer operator for them. If Al Fayed has £20m going spare (possibly unlikely in the current economic climate), Fulham could become massive pains in the rear end for larger clubs looking at CL place pushes. And for Rovers who should be top ten contenders based on the last 20 games of last season.

Do you remember the last time Hodgson had that sort of dough?

Kevin Davies - £7.25m

Christian Dailly - £5.3m

Nathan Blake - £4.25m

Ouch!

I really would like to see Sam have an all out effort at getting RVN at Ewood.

he was good at one time i think he will be passed it now same with vieri but im sure they could still get us a few goals.....

would rather they work on getting us a main big signing striker first....

Crazy.

Now that could have been 're-sale value.' :rolleyes:

Starting to feel like if Janko is sub 8m he will be the target, with any surplus going on a creative midfielder.

Of course even if he's 10-12m in this market we'll probably still look long and hard, we aren't in a particularly strong bargaining position now, but I have faith in Sam.

Rovers have to play each and every one of those teams (barring themselves of course). So you're saying that asking how each and every one of those teams will be strengthening their side isn't relevant to Rovers?

On that logic we might as well just have one thread about anything to do with the Premiership.

What I am saying is - to keep the thread almost readable - and to keep some sort of order to the messageboard generally, is keep this thread purely to Rovers. Have another one for other clubs. If nicko wants to answer questions on other clubs and attract interest from other clubs fans, then have a thread for that.

This thread isn't Nicko Explains It All.

Do you remember the last time Hodgson had that sort of dough?

Kevin Davies - £7.25m

Christian Dailly - £5.3m

Nathan Blake - £4.25m

Ouch!

To be fair to Hodgson it's known that Jack was interfering with transfer policy quite a lot at that stage. I believe Jack certainly wanted Davies, Hodgson didn't and regularly made this clear at the training ground.

If what I have heard about what was going on at Ewood at that time is true, then I think Hodgson got a rough deal at Rovers.

Crazy.

I would have thought Elia is well worth the 7 million and would have been an absolute steal at 2 million, even if he was/has been playing in the Dutch league, don't you?

What's Dembele priced at these days? Has Arnautovic moved yet?

I would have thought Elia is well worth the 7 million and would have been an absolute steal at 2 million, even if he was/has been playing in the Dutch league, don't you?

What's Dembele priced at these days? Has Arnautovic moved yet?

Elia looked very exciting, but a year ago he was still a bit raw. Did well against Man City in a European game as I recall.

No idea on Dembele, but Arnautovic is hoping to sign for Inter Milan if he can pass a medical...for a lot of money [around £10 million].

£14m for Crouch? Sunderland must have money to burn. Crouch is a decent player, but very much overrated. He's only scored double figures twice in the last five seasons. His aerial power is also over hyped, based on his height.

To be fair to Hodgson it's known that Jack was interfering with transfer policy quite a lot at that stage. I believe Jack certainly wanted Davies, Hodgson didn't and regularly made this clear at the training ground.

If what I have heard about what was going on at Ewood at that time is true, then I think Hodgson got a rough deal at Rovers.

Would you be able to PM me some of these stories?

I always think of Crouch as a poor man's Dirk Kuyt. Brilliant ball control and team player that usually goes unnoticed but unreliable at the sharp end.

And yes, Sunderland do have money to burn, again.

Just a thought but Taarabt seems certain to leave Spuds. Levy is over asking for him as always and Spanish and Portuguese sides are bidding but he has always impressed as a ball playing midfield player when I've seen him.

I always think of Crouch as a poor man's Dirk Kuyt. Brilliant ball control and team player that usually goes unnoticed but unreliable at the sharp end.

And yes, Sunderland do have money to burn, again.

Just a thought but Taarabt seems certain to leave Spuds. Levy is over asking for him as always and Spanish and Portuguese sides are bidding but he has always impressed as a ball playing midfield player when I've seen him.

tipped as the ext platini by football manager a couple of seasons ago :rolleyes:

Starting to feel like if Janko is sub 8m he will be the target, with any surplus going on a creative midfielder.

Of course even if he's 10-12m in this market we'll probably still look long and hard, we aren't in a particularly strong bargaining position now, but I have faith in Sam.

we have money and we are in the premier league, offer regular football in a world cup year and are a good shop window if a player feels able of going up a level............its a very strong bargaining stance.

a lot of the players we are supposedly interested in are a price level down from what arsenal, chelsea etc are looking at. Then the question becomes who outside the big 4 wants or even needs strikers right now and has the required funds........not too many.

we are in a good place and have every right to be fussy and not be rushed.

we have money and we are in the premier league, offer regular football in a world cup year and are a good shop window if a player feels able of going up a level............its a very strong bargaining stance.

a lot of the players we are supposedly interested in are a price level down from what arsenal, chelsea etc are looking at. Then the question becomes who outside the big 4 wants or even needs strikers right now and has the required funds........not too many.

we are in a good place and have every right to be fussy and not be rushed.

Agreed, I meant from a bargaining perspective we are hampered by the fact we do need to bring someone in at some point, so we don't have the luxury of opting out if the price is too high.

so much for crouch wanting to stay down south.... 14 million.... 5 million for davis or 6 million for janko is sounding better all the time....

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

It's a follow-up to something I did about a month ago and I have to say the 'Crouch doesn't really want to go north' thing does actually apply...I suspect that tale is from Pompey who may be trying to get even more money out of a southern club who have expressed a surprise interest.

nicko you said more players to leave do you have an idea which ones and is anyone sniffing around them....?

thanks....

If you get players in there is a chance that one or two could go...will wait until things move before getting more specific...this could be a busy one.

Archived