BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko, we're linked to Viduka, along with Fulham. Any real interest or is that entirely his agent's doing?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5415664,00.html

Saw that and laughed...if Sam gets stung by him twice then the game has gone.

Mark Viduka has 2 offers from very good premier league clubs - any ideas who?!

If he had he would have signed by now...classic 'come and get me' mystery baloney.

How many games did he play last year?

Laughed out loud at the use of the word 'hungry' in the story.

£14m for Crouch? Sunderland must have money to burn. Crouch is a decent player, but very much overrated. He's only scored double figures twice in the last five seasons. His aerial power is also over hyped, based on his height.

Would you be able to PM me some of these stories?

I'd say Crouch is actually UNDER-rated.

There was a stat somewhere about his arial ability being the most fruitful in the league last season.

Nicko, we're linked to Viduka, along with Fulham. Any real interest or is that entirely his agent's doing?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5415664,00.html

im supprised it took so long i thought we would have snapped him up before now.... another one who's injured all the time but with the world cup coming up he could be a good one to try....(thoughts?)

If he had he would have signed by now...classic 'come and get me' mystery baloney.

I was thinking he has loads of PL experience, and at 33 is 3 years younger than Vieri. He could be worth a gamble, but again can we afford to take a gamble on him? I think we can, we showed with Bellamy, Benni and Santa Cruz that we can get the best out of of these injury plagued players.

We avoided Davies so the fans start chucking Vieri (whieri is he?), van Nistelrooy and Viduca into the frame.

No wonder Brockhall was the largest insane institution in Europe.....

Let's be realistic here.

Kevin Davies isn't much younger, would cost significantly more in transfer fees, and I imagine would want a tasty contract since he's replacing Roque.

The others would all cost next to nothing in transfer fees, and we need only haggle the contract down.

But Davies is still doing it in the Prem and the others are almost as far beyond their best before date as Sir Clement Freud.

I'd rather we took a gamble on a Ruud/Vieri, especially with our manager's pedigree, whilst spending the money saved on Davies elsewhere. Spending £5-10m+ on Davies will be flushing the cash away and alienating the fans.

Talking of players from newcastle - I am surprised nobody seems to be going for Martins - would not sam be interested in him as a target man?

Read your Knight article Nicko, the final line remains as worrying as it is every summer.

I believe Martin is on holiday in Marbella...a pal of mine saw him in a restaurant the other night...no doubt taking a couple of hours to decide between the red and the white.

Talking of players from newcastle - I am surprised nobody seems to be going for Martins - would not sam be interested in him as a target man?

Martins is 5ft7in.

Martins a target man? Get a grip!

I'd rather we took a gamble on a Ruud/Vieri

Have you seen Vieri's gut recently? He has let himself go big time and is past it. It would not be a gamble taking him on as he simply is over the hill.

Have you seen Vieri's gut recently? He has let himself go big time and is past it. It would not be a gamble taking him on as he simply is over the hill.

And I'm sure Sam will sign him if he's in such a condition? :huh:

And I'm sure Sam will sign him if he's in such a condition? :huh:

As someone pointed out to me yesterday, it would be sheer madness if we sign him. Only way he could shift his weight is through liposuction.

I believe Martin is on holiday in Marbella...a pal of mine saw him in a restaurant the other night...no doubt taking a couple of hours to decide between the red and the white.

Martins is 5ft7in.

I think he'd have to have some serious consideration on whether to even sign his signature on his credit card receipt, he doesn't like signing things....

Nicko, any football news to speak of on this very very boring sunday

Some interesting Rovers-related info to add...

ARNAUTOVIC...Inter are trying to take him on loan and use his 'injury' as an excuse to do the deal that way and not pay the rather large £10 million fee...Rovers did have a look...but out of your league.

BERG...my Swedish chum tells me he will probably go to Bayern Munich...for a lot of cash.

CARLOS TENORIO...an intriguing one...he was talking to Rovers about coming on a free transfer a couple of weeks ago I now learn...seems he was chased but went to Al Nasr for fortunes...interesting player, big Ecuadorian who has been a star in the Middle East and wants to stay there...entirely up to him.

But Davies is still doing it in the Prem and the others are almost as far beyond their best before date as Sir Clement Freud.

you sound like your preparing us for the news its done and dusted!

Archived