BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

As someone pointed out to me yesterday, it would be sheer madness if we sign him. Only way he could shift his weight is through liposuction.

If someone like Ruud or Vieri can prove their fitness and appetite (insert jokes) for the game, then I'd much prefer that as opposed to blowing £5-10m on Kevin Davies. If Vieri really is as out of shape as you say, then I doubt Sam will give him the time of day.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear!!

Christopher Samba has refused to be drawn on speculation over his future after reports linked him with a move away from Blackburn.

The defender has been a consistent Premier League performer since joining Rovers from Hertha Berlin in January 2007.

But there has previously been speculation about a move to Manchester City, where the 25-year-old would be reunited with former Blackburn boss Mark Hughes.

Media stories in France have also suggested Samba could be a target for Everton and West Ham, who are worried about losing Joleon Lescott and Matthew Upson respectively.

Samba insists he is not dwelling too much on the transfer talk and will wait to see if anybody approaches Blackburn with a firm interest.

"I am still at Blackburn so I can't comment," he told skysports.com.

"Whoever wants me will need to talk to Blackburn Rovers and we will see.

"I have nothing to add. I am calm and waiting. I have had a great holiday."

I think right now, its probably best to check the transfer thread on Sept 1st. At the moment im getting fed up, oh well it is Rovers after all. I just feel like moaning today lol

From that article:

Samba insists he is not dwelling too much on the transfer talk and will wait to see if anybody approaches Blackburn with a firm interest.

"I am still at Blackburn so I can't comment," he told skysports.com.

"Whoever wants me will need to talk to Blackburn Rovers and we will see.

"I have nothing to add. I am calm and waiting. I have had a great holiday."

Doesn't sound great does it? Why do Rovers players always make these very unsettling statements? Are they ALL mercenaries??

Could be worse then, we could be adding Figo to the old folks home that the press has Sam assembling. Meanwhile, Tugay is too old for us...

To be fair, Tugay is nearly 39 and he's never won World Player of the Year. Figo is 36 and has.

I don't see too much wrong with what he said. I don't know if this was done in French or English, but you also have to remember that his English is far from perfect.

It's not bad, Eddie. I think he means exactly what he says. He will wait and see what happens. At the moment it's speculation and unless we get a big offer or really need the cash I don't see him being one Allardyce would want to sell. He's exactly the kind of verstaile player we need to keep hold of if the manager's plans are going to be possible.

Could be worse then, we could be adding Figo to the old folks home that the press has Sam assembling. Meanwhile, Tugay is too old for us...

Wht are you on?? Old folks, Jacobson 29, Hoilett 19, Van Heerden and Nzonzi early 20s ??????????????

Not to mention Di Santo 19!!

What do you want a bloody Kindergardn??

Wht are you on?? Old folks, Jacobson 29, Hoilett 19, Van Heerden and Nzonzi early 20s ??????????????

Not to mention Di Santo 19!!

What do you want a bloody Kindergardn??

I think in this instance he's referring to people we're linked to and people we actually purchase being one and the same...

THE PRESS LINKING US TO.

Not actual signings.

Van Nistelrooy.

Vieri.

Davies.

Yes, but he wont sign all three!! Vieri will not happen, will be amazed if it does, dont think he has the mindset to get 100% fit!!

Van Nistelrooy will not come, so theres only Davies at 30 out of those three!1

Be more worried at Man U , Scholes, Giggs , Neville, Van der Sar etc

Nicko, what do you make of Samba's comments?

Poorly translated from French...when did the Big Man ever say 'calm and waiting'?

Linked with Dortmund and Hoffenheim in French press who then followed it up...can't see him wanting either of those.

Poorly translated from French...when did the Big Man ever say 'calm and waiting'?

Linked with Dortmund and Hoffenheim in French press who then followed it up...can't see him wanting either of those.

Translated from French definitely but would like to know what he actually said to make them write the story like that. Anyone know where the original is?

Archived