BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

This movement of centre backs can't be good. Samba could replace Upson, Lescott or even Terry theoretically (assuming they have a more experienced defender back with him).

West Ham wouldn't have the cash...Everton have not given up on Lescott yet.

Man City would obviously be another matter.

Relax.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Translated from French definitely but would like to know what he actually said to make them write the story like that. Anyone know where the original is?

Relax, Samba probably got asked about the speculation and said he was happy where he was and they'd have to contact the club. It's hardly a come and get me plea. It'd be foolish for him to just categorically state that he won't leave under any circumstances, too many times that's blown up in a player's face (let's say Hughes decides he wants to spend £20M on him).

samba is in the 20m+ bracket......................really the last person i'd want to see leave. To be honest i don't understand cities infatuation with lescott putting my neutral hat on i'd take samba everytime the fellas a beast. I pray he has'nt got a clause, with the new era of the super rich the minimum clause of any player on our books should be 25m.

Relax, Samba probably got asked about the speculation and said he was happy where he was and they'd have to contact the club. It's hardly a come and get me plea. It'd be foolish for him to just categorically state that he won't leave under any circumstances, too many times that's blown up in a player's face (let's say Hughes decides he wants to spend £20M on him).

Oh, I'm not really bothered about it. Just would like to see what he really said and as I said - what Rovers fan finds relaxing easy during a transfer window? :lol:

Oh, I'm not really bothered about it. Just would like to see what he really said and as I said - what Rovers fan finds relaxing easy during a transfer window? :lol:

It's quite easy to relax if you don't fear the world is about to end every time a player is linked away from the club

It's quite easy to relax if you don't fear the world is about to end ever time a player is linked away from the club

I'm amazed people still get het up about it. I couldnt give two ###### any more who leaves, they all will eventually and we'll replace them all, sometimes well, sometimes badly.

In the scheme of things of players that have left us over the years, Samba would be a fairly minor loss.

I'm amazed people still get het up about it. I couldnt give two ###### any more who leaves, they all will eventually and we'll replace them all, sometimes well, sometimes badly.

In the scheme of things of players that have left us over the years, Samba would be a fairly minor loss.

Exactly. I happen to think Samba is one of the most overrated players we have - people talking £20m+ for him must be watching a completely different sport to me.

If a big offer came in I'd be quite happy with the cash and Nelsen & Givet at centre half next season.

Samba is one of the few quality players we have (plus will get better with age). If we did not have him last season, it is likely we would have gone down....

Personally never like to see our better players leave but am less stressed these days over it!

No hes really not. Lescott's a much better player and the only reasons hes around £20mil is hes English and its Man City buying him.

you'd accept 10-12m for samba.............i would'nt, there'd be steam coming out of my ears if he ever went for that. The fella is pretty much the finished article at 25 years old. He is miles better than the player we initially signed, he's not got 1 year left on his contract or anything like that and there is no reason to sell so for sure any bids start 20m upwards.

he is out of the likes of spurs and villas wallets, only the big 4 and city should even bother trying to sign him and the going rate for any player in any position at those clubs is 20m+

• Backroom

I'm relaxed about samba if he goes it would be for silly money i imagine.

When I asked him at the last game of the season if he will be here next year he replied 'who knows' I think he just knows in this current climate anything can happen.

I'd expect a bid from Citeh for Samba in the next few days. Probabaly around £10 mill.

Personally I wish they'd bugger off with their oil rich Arab and annoy someone else. I'm getting very tired of Citeh and SSN fawning over them.

Accyrover

Perhaps we should take this talk of Samba into the Samba thread, but i have to say IMO that's complete bullshit.

Samba is in my opinion our best central defender, he is the only defender we have with any serious pace. He has all the qualities to become a top centre half, the only weakness i would say is his inexperience and decision making but these are issues that with the right guidance and experience will improve. Centre backs don't peak until their early to mid 30's. We saw last season also how much of a determined and committed individual he was, especially being forced up front in order to save our season, which if you look at the impact he caused he did. If anyone was our player of the season last season it was Samba, not Warnock.

I'd be livid if we sold him and i don't think we could replace him.

Samba is young, and a bigger threat at set pieces than Givet. But defensively, we're not losing much (If any) quality IMO with Givet and Zurab there to fill that spot. So it all depends on the money; if we can get the £15m people are talking about we should definitely sell. With that we can even spend £5m for a good defender if we want, and still add another £7m or so to transfers for that midfielder or striker we need. Now I don't think we can get £15m for Samba, and the less we get the more marginal a decision it gets. I think we should deal at anything above £10m though.

I like Samba, I'd be very happy if we have him with us next season, but for that kind of silly money it's a no-brainer IMO.

Now where have we heard that before? :rolleyes:

quite. i prefer to say no smoke without fire. if he goes then anything shy of 15m we will be being done. this is a player that`s been covertly watched by ac milan in the recent past, do not underestimate his value just because we had the foresight to get him on the cheap whilst inexperienced. he is the real deal and will go on to be a major star in a top european side.

Oh dear!!

Christopher Samba has refused to be drawn on speculation over his future after reports linked him with a move away from Blackburn.

"Whoever wants me will need to talk to Blackburn Rovers and we will see.

"I have nothing to add. I am calm and waiting. I have had a great holiday."

Nothing wrong with what Samba said there.

:huh: Im shocked.

Exactly. I happen to think Samba is one of the most overrated players we have - people talking £20m+ for him must be watching a completely different sport to me.

If a big offer came in I'd be quite happy with the cash and Nelsen & Givet at centre half next season.

I am gobsmacked. Samba is the kingpin of our defence and has been carrying several of them for a couple of seasons!

Samba is young, and a bigger threat at set pieces than Givet. But defensively, we're not losing much (If any) quality IMO with Givet and Zurab there to fill that spot. So it all depends on the money; if we can get the £15m people are talking about we should definitely sell. With that we can even spend £5m for a good defender if we want, and still add another £7m or so to transfers for that midfielder or striker we need. Now I don't think we can get £15m for Samba, and the less we get the more marginal a decision it gets. I think we should deal at anything above £10m though.

I like Samba, I'd be very happy if we have him with us next season, but for that kind of silly money it's a no-brainer IMO.

If it were that easy to buy replacements for players you lose, we'd have a superb striker in already. It's not easy to find good players and that's why so many clubs now are trying to hang on to the ones they've got. I'm not saying we couldn't get another player, but if other teams are prepared to pay that much for him then it tells you that he is good and there probably isn't anyone they've found cheaper to do the same job. I know as fans of a smaller team we have to accept that we will lose some players we'd rather keep every year but the blithe way in which some people just say "if the bid's good enough, we should sell" amazes me. It's not that easy and we should hang onto him (if there is any truth at all in the links) if we possibly can.

Samba is in my opinion our best central defender

If he's decidedly better than everyone else we've got, then why was he playing as a striker for the last third of the season?

People talking 20 million for him are off their rocker. No one would come in with that, and if they did he'd be gone so fast you wouldn't believe it.

Archived