BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba for £20 million!!?!?

Some of the most expensive defenders in World football have been valued as follows:

R. Ferdinand - £29.1m

L. Thuram - £25m

D. Alves - £23.5m

C. Samba - £20m???

Quick reality check needed I think.

Whats happening with Di Santo?

Sounds like there may be some Chelsea internal politics - but no great worry. I thinke he is going on tour with them rather than Rovers. But still should be good to go after that.

Don't want to think what would happen if that fell through and you needed to buy TWO strikers.

Any further news on the potential backroom staff changes? Knowing how much emphasis Sam puts into training, preperation etc, this signing is just as important as any player coming in.

Some of the most expensive defenders in World football have been valued as follows:

R. Ferdinand - £29.1m

L. Thuram - £25m

D. Alves - £23.5m

C. Samba - £20m???

I agree, £29,000,000 for Rio Ferdinand was a joke!!

Any further news on the potential backroom staff changes? Knowing how much attention Sam puts into training, preperation etc, this signing is just as important as any player coming in.

Robinson will go and with Sam off the training trip that leaves Neil McDonald and a few men in white coats to my reckoning.

Definitely a need for more staff now.

Robinson will go and with Sam off the training trip that leaves Neil McDonald and a few men in white coats to my reckoning.

Hoping for Ricky Sbragia to come in....

Hoping for Ricky Sbragia to come in....

Interestingly Sbragia was the guy who lined up the signing of the Paraguayan centre hald Da Silva who is about to sign...so perhaps he still has a say and a part to play at Sunderland.

he was good at one time i think he will be passed it now same with vieri but im sure they could still get us a few goals.....

would rather they work on getting us a main big signing striker first....

A big signing would be RvN. He would sell more tickets, sell a ton of shirts, and still be able to do a good job (if healthy of course) imo. Would be extremely happy if we signed him.

Not saying it's realistic or going to happen mind you, just think that the only issue is his health and if it's good, would love to see him here.

Nicko : how come we have first refusal on Di Santo ? Is he really that good that we can quite happily take him on loan, give him a season in the Prem, and then hand him back to Chelsea much more of a finished article ? We will be in the same position as we are now, ie: light on strikers but potentially with less money. Does it not make sense to buy a striker or aquire one on a free, rather than getting one in for a 12 month loan period, no matter how good he supposedly is ?

Just what is it about him that should get us all moist at the prospect ?

Just asking !

Accyrover

Was Coyley at Bolton when Sam was there??

He may want a better job ;)

Samba is young, and a bigger threat at set pieces than Givet. But defensively, we're not losing much (If any) quality IMO with Givet and Zurab there to fill that spot. So it all depends on the money; if we can get the £15m people are talking about we should definitely sell. With that we can even spend £5m for a good defender if we want, and still add another £7m or so to transfers for that midfielder or striker we need. Now I don't think we can get £15m for Samba, and the less we get the more marginal a decision it gets. I think we should deal at anything above £10m though.

I like Samba, I'd be very happy if we have him with us next season, but for that kind of silly money it's a no-brainer IMO.

Lathund, quick few questions for you regarding your above post

Do you think Sam would get all of that 15mill if we sold Samba? Do you think its that easy to replace quality with quality? And i like Zurab, he is a good player, but would you want to sell Samba, a key player last season for us a month before the new season?

As if you didnt notice, we are already struggling to sign a quality striker. Good quality defenders, imo are more difficult to find these days than strikers. If our defence keeps on changing, and our continuity keeps on being interupted at the back then we will struggle. Its a no brainer, that we shouldnt sell him. If City wants a defender they can go splash 50mill on Terry.

Nicko :

how come we have first refusal on Di Santo ? YOU ASKED FIRST THIS SUMMER AND YOU ASKED NICELY PLUS I UNDERSTAND HE WILL BE PLAYING FOR YOU - WHICH IS WHAT CHELSEA WANT IN THE DEAL

Is he really that good that we can quite happily take him on loan, give him a season in the Prem, and then hand him back to Chelsea much more of a finished article ? THAT'S THE DEAL...IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE IT IS A TOTAL STEAL

We will be in the same position as we are now, ie: light on strikers but potentially with less money. Does it not make sense to buy or aquire on a free a striker, rather getting one in for a 12 month loan period, no matter how good ? IF HE COMES AND DOES WELL THEN YOU SHOULD BE IN A HEALTHY LEAGUE POSITION...NEXT SUMMER CAN LOOK AFTER ITSELF...THERE MAY BE MORE STRIKERS AVAILABLE THEN THAN THERE ARE NOW

Just asking !

Accyrover

Nicko : how come we have first refusal on Di Santo ? Is he really that good that we can quite happily take him on loan, give him a season in the Prem, and then hand him back to Chelsea much more of a finished article ? We will be in the same position as we are now, ie: light on strikers but potentially with less money. Does it not make sense to buy or aquire on a free a striker, rather getting one in for a 12 month loan period, no matter how good ?

Just asking !

Accyrover

I see where you are coming from, but this applies to any loan player, unfortunately nowadays with all the foreign players in the league the young lads have only one real way of gaining experience and bridging the gap between Youth and First team football, Reserve team football now is basically academy football extended slightly!!

Correct Kelbo - nothing wrong with getting a good relationship going with them, then we might get 1st refusual on any of their bright young stars in the future.

If Di Santo becomes a star player for us, we finish higher, earn more prize money etc - if he doesnt, he goes back and we loose out on nothing - its a win win situation really.

He already has one... :lol:

Funny guy you are Mr Nixon. Any chance Coyley might decide to smash the clubs transfer record, with a bid for Keith Andrews? Dont ask me where i heard this, but just a rumour. You close to him, so is there anything in the Andrews to Burnley rumour?

Interestingly Sbragia was the guy who lined up the signing of the Paraguayan centre hald Da Silva who is about to sign...so perhaps he still has a say and a part to play at Sunderland.

He is scout there now I understand!!

I don't think they have an awful lot coming through.

I guess Sturridge may need a few loan games next year!!

R. Ferdinand - £29.1m

L. Thuram - £25m

D. Alves - £23.5m

C. Samba - £20m???

ramos 24m

pepe 20m

nesta 25m

carvahlo 19.85m

cannavaro 20m

all pre city money as well times have changed.

Colocinni has the turning circle of the titanic and is a useless lump who cost 10m 1 year ago and samba is easily twice the player he is. Utter dross like anton ferdinand goes for 9m ffs, davies at villa 10m spurs have 10m full backs that can't get a game............no reality check needed, we've got a genuine star player and they don't come cheap

Archived