BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Will there be an 11 o'clocker tonight Nicko?

No, lots of daft wee things happening but nothing worth staying up for.

Might be a very big story hitting football world later in the week. But I can't say just yet.

;)

Its not the supposed Portsmouth takeover July 11th?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was all for selling Bentley and RSC, but I think we need a totally blow us away offer for Samba. The difference is that he hasn't shown his full potential yet, especially considering that defenders tend to have an older prime. He might be worth 15-20 now, but I think that figure will be 25 or more in a year or two.

I was all for selling Bentley and RSC, but I think we need a totally blow us away offer for Samba. The difference is that he hasn't shown his full potential yet, especially considering that defenders tend to have an older prime. He might be worth 15-20 now, but I think that figure will be 25 or more in a year or two.

I agree more or less, we need an offer to blow us out of the water to even consider selling Samba this season.

It's all well and good having big money come in but replacing them is never easy, just look at Bentley and Santa Cruz for that.

If there is any interest in him then I hope we tell them to put up or shut up.

Still it's all speculation at the moment but with the likes of Terry, Lescott, Toure, Upson etc being looked at by clubs then you can see where the rumours come from and why people ask about his future.

It'll be Warnock to Spuds again next week I bet. If I was JW I'd ask them to break the world transfer record for him and see how much they like inflated prices.

Will there be an 11 o'clocker tonight Nicko?

No, lots of daft wee things happening but nothing worth staying up for.

Might be a very big story hitting football world later in the week. But I can't say just yet.

;)

Involving a club, or Football as a whole.

How the **** did we get from that to this, in less than 90 minutes??!

Removed

:wstu: some of the garbage posted on this thread will get the site in real bother

Noone will disagree with that. It seems like you're trying to misrepresent my position into one that's clearly absurd. It's as if I was saying "Some people think we should never ever sell any player, reardless of the bid or how many players we have at the position". Which you're clearly not saying.

My post was mainly in reply to those saying things like how we should turn down £15m for Samba. He's good, he's very good, but he's not worth £15m. It's just too good to turn down for a player who plays in a position where we have good players already. Losing Roque meant we're very short on strikers, especially anything resembling a target man. Losing Samba means Givet starts instead. A loss, but £15m worth of a loss? No way. I'm a big believer in continuity as well, but Warnock - Givet - Nelsen - Emerton? Hardly going to be mass problems in communication there is there?

It's all hypothetical though as all we have are a couple of quotes that can be interpreted either way. And if he doesn't want to leave, we shouldn't sell him. Which goes without saying.

I'm not trying to misrepresent anything. all I'm trying to point out is that if someone were to bid say 15 million for Samba, then it would only be worth our selling, even at that price if we could strengthen our team with that money, and presumably if someone was prepared to pay that much then it would be because there are not many other similar players around. I know you seem to be saying that we don't need to replace with a similar player but you can't keep buying squad players - they have to be good enough to do what you want and need if they are needed to start in the first team. I wouldn't say never sell, but i would say that unless it's so totally unrealistic a bid that it blows us out of the water, now is not the time. We need to get one thing (the striker shortage) sorted before we start looking at any more outgoings other than of fringe players. They won't bring much in but will free up some wages cash.

I can't see this 'very big story' that Nicko talks of being a transfer of a player because, after this crazy window so far, nothing will be a surprise and enough to be a very big story IMO. Then again it could be about absolutely anything football-related so there is not much point speculating as to what it is, however, I look forward to finding out what it is with interest but, like rovers1995 said, lets hope it does not have a negative impact on our club.

I can't see this 'very big story' that Nicko talks of being a transfer of a player because, after this crazy window so far, nothing will be a surprise and enough to be a very big story IMO. Then again it could be about absolutely anything football-related so there is not much point speculating as to what it is, however, I look forward to finding out what it is with interest but, like rovers1995 said, lets hope it does not have a negative impact on our club.

Bound to be Citeh related always is, probably Terry going for 40 plus million quid

I can't say what the tale is but it is a very interesting one...I would love to go into some detail but there are people who keep an eye on titbits and can let you down. I can't write it just now because I've been sworn to secrecy on this for the moment.

There could be an announcement on this on Tuesday - but it is relating to something that happened just over a month ago.

It will be the first time this has happened and it will be interesting to see how football handles it.

Hoping to be able to write this but it is a very hard one to touch until it goes 'official.'

Rest assured it doesn't affect your club but it will cause an awful lot of talk...and raise some serious questions.

Dont think this will be transfer related

Tris is right. Why all this ridiculous speculation? If there is a big football story later in the week we'll find out then won't we? TILL THEN WHY CAN'T WE NOT JUST WAIT?

Of course it would be hard to turn down a 15mill bid for Samba, having cost us virtually nothing when we signed him. The point is, can we afford to now hunt for a new defender, while still looking for a quality striker as well? We got to try and have some stability in the team, and defence looks the best bet for that. However if we sell Samba, it just disrupts like i said the continuity and gives Sam more headaches about having to find a settled combination.

Here we go again! Sell every player who's outstanding, manager given a portion of the funds to replace them and we end up where?

When will we ever learn? We have an excellent centre-back, he seems happy to play for us, I've a novel idea------let's keep him!

Archived