BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something to do with the Pompey takeover maybe?

don't think anything pompey related really affects WORLD FOOTBALL, either blatter stepping down, technology coming in, world cup being pulled from a third world country, or just summit really random like the silver goal

Here we go again! Sell every player who's outstanding, manager given a portion of the funds to replace them and we end up where?

When will we ever learn? We have an excellent centre-back, he seems happy to play for us, I've a novel idea------let's keep him!

I agree. 20m sounds like alot but, if we end up relegated we'll lose quite a bit more then that.

well this intriguing if Nicko says it happned over a month ago it could either be one of 2 things it could either be to with the Samuel Eto transfer to Man. City I heard he was offered £250,000 grand a week has Sparky been underhand in his negotiations with the player trying to offer him much more of a lucrative contract with much more dosh or it could be to do with the collapse of setanta sports what other problems do they have with the rights with the prem lge coverage what is the total extent of the collapse?

• Backroom

Just over a month ago? Maybe something to do with something not bein quite right about some big games at the end of the season.

Of course a random guess for guessings sake.

Also this 'Derbyshire story' spoke of sounds interesting

There was something in the press a week or so ago about the new rules that the Premier league have adopted and the investigations that are now made, regarding the potential new owners of clubs, having to prove (while in the stage of diligence or something) where the money was coming from, so it could well be Pompey and that they have found something corrupt.

It does seem to be dragging on.

Tris is right. Why all this ridiculous speculation? If there is a big football story later in the week we'll find out then won't we? TILL THEN WHY CAN'T WE NOT JUST WAIT?

Isn't that what forums are for, to discuss speculation, amongst other things? :blink:

Isn't that what forums are for, to discuss speculation, amongst other things? :blink:

normally i would agree, but with this forum s*** spreads like wildfire and before you know it we'll be on the brink of relegation before even kicking a ball or karren brady will be denounced as a witch without a fair trial

too many people believe innocuous posts around here and speculation very quickly becomes fact for the fools, which leads to pages and pages of irrelevance

just like this very post

Yes but to "discuss' a topic we need some sort of idea of what we're talking about rather an an infinite number of possibilities. Or its totally pointless.

Can people please refrain from making uninformed accusations in relation to drugs or illnesses. The site does not want to be sued!

is it possible to sue off speculating about a possibility and with no names mentioned? if it is, i apologise. before you know it we`ll not be able to mention names of players in transfer speculation either, we`ll have to give them all nicknames like ireland did with criminals in the early 90`s eg di santo - the baby argie, kuranyi - the sour kraut etc .

in the P.C country that we live in you cant say anything without a glance over your shoulder. i do though find it amazing how from what nicko has said that there is an "ineresting story" in the world of football, people have suddenly become convinced that a player has taken drugs or got a serious illness!. if you have any conspirecy theories i for one would like you to keep them to yourselves because you have nothing to back it up. gossip about transfers is one thing but gossip about someones personal life about drugs or especially illness is wrong!

in the P.C country that we live in you cant say anything without a glance over your shoulder. i do though find it amazing how from what nicko has said that there is an "ineresting story" in the world of football, people have suddenly become convinced that a player has taken drugs or got a serious illness!. if you have any conspirecy theories i for one would like you to keep them to yourselves because you have nothing to back it up. gossip about transfers is one thing but gossip about someones personal life about drugs or especially illness is wrong!

i personally think the possibilty that i agreed with covered all the bases, and who exactly are we gossiping about? there is no name involved just a possible situation. if that prove the case it would certainly be unprecidented and a tough one to deal with.

well this intriguing if Nicko says it happned over a month ago it could either be one of 2 things it could either be to with the Samuel Eto transfer to Man. City I heard he was offered £250,000 grand a week has Sparky been underhand in his negotiations with the player trying to offer him much more of a lucrative contract with much more dosh or it could be to do with the collapse of setanta sports what other problems do they have with the rights with the prem lge coverage what is the total extent of the collapse?

Oh yeah could be the fact that ESPN now has coverage of Premier League and that folks in the States who have been watching Stick men and ads for Padraigh Harrington timeshare ads on Setanta may now see Brett Emerton in full 3D high def. This is massive, could be 60 inch telly time on the horizon.

does anyone know when sambas contract goes out? heard he don't want to sign a new deal with us..

see, a simple post like this will spark so much

who have you heard this from? such a flippant statement with nothing to back it up.

i'm not saying you don't have anything to back it up with, but if you do i'd like to know what it is so people could either back it up or discredit it and we don't have a nervous couple of months possibly worrying over nothing

see, a simple post like this will spark so much

who have you heard this from? such a flippant statement with nothing to back it up.

i'm not saying you don't have anything to back it up with, but if you do i'd like to know what it is so people could either back it up or discredit it and we don't have a nervous couple of months possibly worrying over nothing

you have to admit the situation stinks of the roque saga all over again, even if samba`s quotes weren`t spot on translated they certainly weren`t saying what he should be saying i.e. `i`ve got a contract with blackburn rovers, i`m happy at the club and i`m just concentrating on next season under sam and looking to improve on last season`.

the sun today claim city are to move for him. well if that happens then 15m minimum should be the price.

Nicko or anyone who might care to answer, why didn't Rovers go in for Sturridge?

He'd certainly get more playing time with us then he will for Chelsea.

That hasn't stopped players going to Chelsea, though!

Sturridge was reported to have asked Man City for £55,000 a week in wages to sign a new deal with him :o Um, I know football is la-la land, but that was too ridiculous...

Oh yeah could be the fact that ESPN now has coverage of Premier League and that folks in the States who have been watching Stick men and ads for Padraigh Harrington timeshare ads on Setanta may now see Brett Emerton in full 3D high def. This is massive, could be 60 inch telly time on the horizon.

I hope so. I started watching 2 years ago, bought Sentanta (to get Fox Soccer I have to subscribe to the 250 channel package). Now that Sentanta is out, I would love it if I got the games on ESPN, which are already included in my DISH package.

My 52" HD plasma and I cannot wait, if it is true.

That hasn't stopped players going to Chelsea, though!

Sturridge was reported to have asked Man City for £55,000 a week in wages to sign a new deal with him :o Um, I know football is la-la land, but that was too ridiculous...

Thanks Daren!!

Do you think these wages plus the "tribunal" figure that is yet unknown, may be to salty for Rovers?

Sturridge hasn't had alot of playing time but, he sure seems like a big strong lad with plenty of upside.

Archived