BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe its just me but i have some concerns about bringing in RVN. The guy is a goalscorer, you provide the balls in and around the box and he will score them.

But who is going to provide these chances for him? Do we have enough quality to provide these assists? I'm not sure we do...

Watching the lad Hoilett in the game Ausburg v St Pauli he does create quite a bit in and around the box, Di Santo looks lively too, maybe the extra pace and quality there could come through!!

Maybe its just me but i have some concerns about bringing in RVN. The guy is a goalscorer, you provide the balls in and around the box and he will score them.

But who is going to provide these chances for him? Do we have enough quality to provide these assists? I'm not sure we do...

MGP can supply the crosses. Some of the criticism he has received has been disgraceful... so it's no wonder his confidence suffered.

I'd say make a judgement after we've played some pre-season games. Our line up could well include Emerton, Reid, Van Heerden, Diouf and Pedersen. All can provide assists.

Glad you noticed that... was beginning to think I was on my own with that observation, since Bentley left, I dont think I've seen us cross a ball into the box!!!

Creative / Attacking midfielder & new wingers required for me, I would be happy if we just signed a good central midfield player though!!!

RVN could be a really good buy in the current climate. If we could incorporate his wages into the wage bill and forgo the massive transfer fee, then we could get a couple of seasons out of him before spending big money on a striker when the market is a little less crazy (that's presuming it will settle down, mind you).

RVN and Di Santo would be very good stop-gap solutions.

Glad you noticed that... was beginning to think I was on my own with that observation, since Bentley left, I dont think I've seen us cross a ball into the box!!!

Creative / Attacking midfielder & new wingers required for me, I would be happy if we just signed a good central midfield player though!!!

We have just got two wingers in Hoilett and Van Heerden??

Think of the gilt-edged chances Roberts missed last season. He must have cost us 12 points missing open goals and one-on-ones (and I do actually like Roberts before anyone has a go). Ruud would have scored most of those. We don't create that many chances, so it's important that when we do, we have someone like Ruud who can bang them in.

MGP can supply the crosses. Some of the criticism he has received has been disgraceful... so it's no wonder his confidence suffered.

Yeah because he has really has stepped it up the last two seasons scoring all those goals and all those assists as well I must of forgot about them.

When Bentley left he should of provided a lot more service to the strikers instead he went missing in mosts games and the stoke game away he was disgraceful.

His job is to provide the strikers with service for which he been very poor, he does provide good defensive cover and does a lot of tracking back but thats it.

I think he has not had enough stick at other clubs he would of been dropped and replaced along time ago not good enough for a premiere league in my opinion fare to inconsistent.

Next year I would start with Givet at Left back and Warnock on the left wing.

Yeah, but as much potential as Hoilett has, I doubt he's ready for first team action in a Premier League team.

He would not have got a work permit had it not been stated that he would play for the first team.

And whoever said they have not seen a cross into the box since Bentley left needs to turn around and face the pitch when at games.

Edit: Oh and Gamst had 8 assists last season. which I think was more than any other Rovers player.

Yeah because he has really has stepped it up the last two seasons scoring all those goals and all those assists as well I must of forgot about them.

When Bentley left he should of provided a lot more service to the strikers instead he went missing in mosts games and the stoke game away he was disgraceful.

His job is to provide the strikers with service for which he been very poor, he does provide good defensive cover and does a lot of tracking back but thats it.

I think he has not had enough stick at other clubs he would of been dropped and replaced along time ago not good enough for a premiere league in my opinion fare to inconsistent.

MGP has been tracking back to help out in defence all season. You can't pick him out of the rubbish we saw last season, it was Ince who got it wrong and it affected everybody for the rest of the season.

MGP can do the job for Rovers, and if anyone can get him back on form Big Sam can.

As for the Stoke game, can you name me a Rovers player who shone? the TEAM was dreadful, not just MGP.

He would not have got a work permit had it not been stated that he would play for the first team.

So work permits are only obtained by guaranteeing first team football? That's quite some commitment. Who will he play ahead of then - Diouf, Pedersen, Van Heerden, Emerton, Treacy? I'm sure you can get a youngster a permit on the basis that he has the potential to be a future star.

So work permits are only obtained by guaranteeing first team football? That's quite some commitment. Who will he play ahead of then - Diouf, Pedersen, Van Heerden, Emerton, Treacy? I'm sure you can get a youngster a permit on the basis that he has the potential to be a future star.

Isn't his permit partly based on the fact that he played so many games whilst on loan?

MGP proved himself a long time ago.

I'm confident he will ram your shameful words down your throat next season.

I think you will find, due to the work permit issue, Rovers do intend playing him!!

Rovers convinced the appeal board that we have every intention of playing him, whether we do or not is a completely different matter. We don't make any guarantees or anything, it's completely up to Sam whether he picks him or not.

And whoever said they have not seen a cross into the box since Bentley left needs to turn around and face the pitch when at games.

Edit: Oh and Gamst had 8 assists last season. which I think was more than any other Rovers player.

I do face the pitch at games, allthough I enjoy looking at the grey metal structure that I sit in, I pay my money to watch the matches in which didnt see many crosses, especially from our wingers, the crosses I did see were poor, not good enough. Gamst had 8 assists, I wonder how many Bentley had in each of the seasons he was here.

I'm not slagging Gamst of Diouf off, I like them, but they have no pace & spend more time defending than attacking (which I understand in someways is a good thing). Hoilett will play a small part, as will Van Heerden, but they wont be major players.

We deffinately need more service from wide areas, whats the point having a load of strikers who are good in the air, without sticking the ball on their bonces???

Isn't his permit partly based on the fact that he played so many games whilst on loan?

I think the club have to show they intend to give him first team games, how many remain to be seen!!

Quick question, we got a defender from St Pauli a few years ago and he went into the first team!!

Who was he, cant remember!!

STURRIDGE...always wanted to go to Chelsea...top-four glamour and all that...ended up signing for less than Man City offered...but the kid just thought he had a better chance there...Rovers never really in with a chance...no worries.

VIEIRI...oh, I see he did come after all...official denials...local paper denials...but the big chap is in Austria...we shall see how that works out.

RUUD...a tentative inquiry through a third party...so the agent hawking around now knows about it...hmm...anyone bother to call Real or check on his fitness?...that might be a better move.

Whatever criticisms fans have of Sam they can't deny one very important fact----------he has recognised the need to inject pace into the squad. Ince didn't and, surprisingly, neither did Hughes apart from Bellamy. We fans bemoaned this all last season so credit where its due.

RUUD...a tentative inquiry through a third party...so the agent hawking around now knows about it...hmm...anyone bother to call Real or check on his fitness?...that might be a better move.

You always have to bring us back down to earth don't you Nicko :P .

Whatever criticisms fans have of Sam they can't deny one very important fact----------he has recognised the need to inject pace into the squad. Ince didn't and, surprisingly, neither did Hughes apart from Bellamy. We fans bemoaned this all last season so credit where its due.

There's no doubt he must recognise this - but he's only brought in Van Heerden to be fair who is noted for his pace. We would have attempted to secure Hoilett a work permit whoever was in charge.

Archived