BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

You always have to bring us back down to earth don't you Nicko :P .

If Ruud wants to take a massive pay cut and his knee is ok it would be a terrific signing.

But those are two 'ifs' that I just can't buy at the moment.

I would applaud him loudly if he did come in, but right now it might be better to focus on players who are more likely to come within the budget.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You always have to bring us back down to earth don't you Nicko :P .

There's no doubt he must recognise this - but he's only brought in Van Heerden to be fair who is noted for his pace. We would no doubt have attempted to secure Hoilett a work permit whoever was in charge.

I'm assuming Di Santo is coming----isn't he quick? And the young French guy N'Zonzi. That's four and he hasn't finished yet. That Jasper Thingee is supposed to be quick too even though he's the grand old age of 29!

MGP proved himself a long time ago.

I'm confident he will ram your shameful words down your throat next season.

Yeah of course he will he has not done it for the last two years what makes you think he will do it next year ?

Because he was good two years ago does not make up for the fact he has been ###### for the last two years does it.

If Ruud wants to take a massive pay cut and his knee is ok it would be a terrific signing.

It's the same knee he suffered two injuries to around 2000. Steadman is good but he's no god, so an extensive medical would be needed - as well as a pay cut :P

Gamst had 8 assists, I wonder how many Bentley had in each of the seasons he was here.

Assists

2005/06 - Bentley 1, Gamst 6.

2006/07 - Bentley 11, Gamst 11.

2007/08 - Bentley 11, Gamst 4.

Goals

2005/06 - Bentley 3, Gamst 9.

2006/07 - Bentley 4, Gamst 6.

2007/08 - Bentley 6, Gamst 4.

Across the three seasons (in league fixtures) Bentley provided two more goals than Pedersen, but Gamst scored 6 more goals himself. That hardly makes a compelling case against Morten.

What about Negredo Nicko, any thing more about the "move to Spurs" or the swap to Liverpool?

Are we still in the frame?

He's a Real Madrid player, so they can decide where to put him...and they think the Liverpool move is the best thing for them...to help out in the Alonso deal.

You will have to wait until that one is settled.

But Nicko, I know that Benitez was an idiot for trying to move Alonso on in order to bring Barry in last summer, but surely he wouldn't even think about selling him now, after the season he's had? Surely Alonso is a no-go for Real, regardless of who they offer?

Furthermore, if you HAD to take somebody in exchange, wouldn't you go for Sneijder or Van Der Vaart as a like-for-like replacement? The whole thing doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

Yeah of course he will he has not done it for the last two years what makes you think he will do it next year ?

Because he was good two years ago does not make up for the fact he has been ###### for the last two years does it.

Pedersen; last year was top of the assist table for Rovers. How is that sh*t?

without him we'd be playing West Brom again this coming season.

But Nicko, I know that Benitez was an idiot for trying to move Alonso on in order to bring Barry in last summer, but surely he wouldn't even think about selling him now, after the season he's had? Surely Alonso is a no-go for Real, regardless of who they offer?

Furthermore, if you HAD to take somebody in exchange, wouldn't you go for Sneijder or Van Der Vaart as a like-for-like replacement? The whole thing doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

Benitez and Alonso have had a strained relationship for some time. The manager tried to shunt him last summer and the player knows it.

Alonso deffo wants the Real move - and Madrid want to to throw a suitable player into the deal.

I think this one depends on Rafa finding the right replacement in midfield before he consents to the sale. Liverpool need the money remember.

Assists

Goals

Across the three seasons (in league fixtures) Bentley provided two more goals than Pedersen, but Gamst scored 6 more goals himself. That hardly makes a compelling case against Morten.

So how many assists and goals did Gamst get with out Bentley being here I was disappointed in Gamst last season as being one of our only creative players maybe he should of chipped in with a few more assists and goals then he did.

Also how does his stats compare with other clubs around us and there creative players? I`m just curios.

We have really missed the supply of Bentley into the strikers

Assists

Goals

Fair enough then... I still dont think he provides enough in terms of crosses into the box, doesnt mean to say I dont like him & I'm not slating him, just think he could improve the Attacking side of his game, somwhere like his first full season, when he was ace!!!

I think this one depends on Rafa finding the right replacement in midfield before he consents to the sale. Liverpool need the money remember.

That is a statement Rovers fans should pick up on, if Liverpool, with massive support need the money, Rovers are doing pretty well thanks very much, all credit to JW, the management and the board of directors!

Benitez and Alonso have had a strained relationship for some time. The manager tried to shunt him last summer and the player knows it.

Alonso deffo wants the Real move - and Madrid want to to throw a suitable player into the deal.

Fair enough, that does make sense. Any idea how long is remaining on his contract?

In terms of a midfield replacement, wouldn't Sneijder, in particular, be ideal? Or perhaps Van der Vaart? Spashing the cash as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered some money as well. Any idea why Liverpool aren't pursuing a swap involving these players?

Pedersen; last year was top of the assist table for Rovers. How is that sh*t?

without him we'd be playing West Brom again this coming season.

Its not hard to come top of considering how little creativity we have in the side. Comparing Pedersen to 2 or 3 years ago there is a vast difference in quality, this Pedersen cannot put a decent corner into the box, can't put in a decent freekick and can't put the ball back into the net (certainly not often). The player peaked a long time ago and personally i would look to offload him but it won't happen. Instead we will have to rely on the likes of Hoilett and van Heerden to step up and force Pedersen to fight for his place.

Nicko any news on who will replace Robinson? (the coach) surprised to see him being touted as Ince's number two and will further add speculation about the Ince/Mathias thing. From what i gather the MK Dons fans wanted Mathias back as they saw him as the real brains behind Ince.

What about Toni Vastic, Rovers and some others clubs were linked to him a while back? Any news on that?

Its not hard to come top of considering how little creativity we have in the side. Comparing Pedersen to 2 or 3 years ago there is a vast difference in quality, this Pedersen cannot put a decent corner into the box, can't put in a decent freekick and can't put the ball back into the net (certainly not often). The player peaked a long time ago and personally i would look to offload him but it won't happen. Instead we will have to rely on the likes of Hoilett and van Heerden to step up and force Pedersen to fight for his place.

Nicko any news on who will replace Robinson? (the coach) surprised to see him being touted as Ince's number two and will further add speculation about the Ince/Mathias thing. From what i gather the MK Dons fans wanted Mathias back as they saw him as the real brains behind Ince.

What about Toni Vastic, we and some others clubs were linked to him a while back? Any news on that?

Totally agree and the point I was trying to make.

What about Toni Vastic, Rovers and some others clubs were linked to him a while back? Any news on that?

Sam wanted Ricky Sbragia last time, so the message is 'Ricky, don't lose that number' I suppose...I think it will be him.

Vastic looks like coming at some stage.

Pedersens form has deteriorated over the last 3 seasons now. Last year, the only reason he wasnt as bad as the years before is that both Rovers and himself had a different strategy and gameplan. He is a solid left sided midfielder and his style is becoming more and more suited for a left sided central midfielder at the end of his career, cause the legs have gone.

Archived