BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Ashley Young got 9 assists last season. I am sure others will add more.

RVP 11

Berbatov 10

Fabregas 10

Gerrard 10

Lampard 10

Ireland 9

Kuyt 9

Milner 9

Modric 9

Young 9

Agbonlahor 8

Giggs 8

Malbranque 8

PEDERSEN 8

Adebayor 7

Anelka 7

Arshavin 7

Arteta 7

Baines 7

Barry 7

Carrick 7

Denilson 7

Keane 7

Malouda 7

Pienaar 7

Rooney 7

Benayoun 6

Lennon 6

Mendy 6

Murphy 6

Ronaldo 6

Wright-Phillips 6

Zamora 6

Alonso 5

Cahill 5

C.Cole 5

J.Cole 5

Crouch 5

Delap 5

Downing 5

He got more assists than Lennon - who a lot of people were saying had a great season at Spurs.

RVP 11

Berbatov 10

Fabregas 10

Gerrard 10

Lampard 10

Ireland 9

Kuyt 9

Milner 9

Modric 9

Young 9

Agbonlahor 8

Giggs 8

Malbranque 8

PEDERSEN 8

Adebayor 7

Anelka 7

Arshavin 7

Arteta 7

Baines 7

Barry 7

Carrick 7

Denilson 7

Keane 7

Malouda 7

Pienaar 7

Rooney 7

Benayoun 6

Lennon 6

Mendy 6

Murphy 6

Ronaldo 6

Wright-Phillips 6

Zamora 6

Alonso 5

Cahill 5

C.Cole 5

J.Cole 5

Crouch 5

Delap 5

Downing 5

He got more assists than Lennon - who a lot of people were saying had a great season at Spurs.

Thats Interesting Arshavin 7 in half a season .

Its a shame city wont sell Ireland it would be grate to see him down here.

Nicko - is anything Rovers related happening?! Has Sam joined up with the Austria camp?

It seems to of gone very quiet.... what happened to Zurab leaving?

With RVP, Fabregas and Arshavin fully-fit and ready for the next season I can see Arsenal challenge for the title again.

You sound like the media every season. Do you expect Tottenham to finish 5th too??

Arsenal wont get close to the title again, and Spurs wont finish any higher than 6th.

Nicko - is anything Rovers related happening?! Has Sam joined up with the Austria camp?

It seems to of gone very quiet.... what happened to Zurab leaving?

Vieri on trial, which is more than interesting.

Sam is playing golf in Portugal while the players do their press-ups.

No joy in signing market. Think there have been some near misses and others where you are in the queue.

No latest on Zurab...he may have been jilted.

I thought he had only just got back from holiday. If Vieri is in trying to impress then surely Sam should be there running the rule over him, if not then he should be trying to make signings. I'd love to get paid his wage to play golf!

Vieri on trial, which is more than interesting.

No joy in signing market. Think there have been some near misses and others where you are in the queue.

No latest on Zurab...he may have been jilted.

Did the club and Sam not dismiss the Vieri link Nicko? Could this mean that despite dismissing the Barton and Nolan links, that we might still go for one if not both of them as well? I think ill take any player link that the club and Sam dismisses with a pinch of salt now, or am i reading too much into this Vieri story.

Did the club and Sam not dismiss the Vieri link Nicko? Could this mean that despite dismissing the Barton and Nolan links, that we might still go for one if not both of them as well? I think ill take any player link that the club and Sam dismisses with a pinch of salt now, or am i reading too much into this Vieri story.

Sam didn't dismiss it at all...only 'the club' whoever or whatever that is.

The invite was out, the player accepted and now it's up to him to show he is fit enough. He obviously isn't going anywhere else just now and has shown willing. Good for him.

I don't think there is anything in the Barton tale. Nolan? Who knows what might happen.

From the official board:

Re: Christian Vieri

Postby Lee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Yes, whilst I'm saying if you actually read back to when it was first talked about it was quickly discounted - keep up

Lee being the club's employed internet guru.

From the official board:

Re: Christian Vieri

Postby Lee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Yes, whilst I'm saying if you actually read back to when it was first talked about it was quickly discounted - keep up

Lee being the club's employed internet guru.

This is turning into a scene from In The Loop.

Sounds like someone set up the deal, someone else didn't know or was trying to stop it. Also sounds familiar with another transfer story this summer...

Anyway, Vieri is there. Part of me hopes he has still got it.

Sam didn't dismiss it at all...only 'the club' whoever or whatever that is.

The invite was out, the player accepted and now it's up to him to show he is fit enough. He obviously isn't going anywhere else just now and has shown willing. Good for him.

I don't think there is anything in the Barton tale. Nolan? Who knows what might happen.

According to media reports over a week or two now Barton will end up at Big Club.

This is turning into a scene from In The Loop.

Sounds like someone set up the deal, someone else didn't know or was trying to stop it. Also sounds familiar with another transfer story this summer...

Anyway, Vieri is there. Part of me hopes he has still got it.

well if he has I don't know where he's hiding it after seeing his effort in whatever european competition game it was on tv.

According to media reports over a week or two now Barton will end up at Big Club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21497450/

Birmingham City are the only club to have offered a deal to Newcastle. It is still short of what the Toon wanted, but that is how things stand.

Barton does not want to leave and join a struggling club.

So that one has a long way to go.

well if he has I don't know where he's hiding it after seeing his effort in whatever european competition game it was on tv.

Vieri is obviously a long shot to be the answer to the striker question...but if the guy has the stones to turn up for a trial after all that he is done in the game he gets my respect for that.

Hierro was about the same age and stage when he signed for Bolton and he was a delight to watch.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21497450/

Vieri is obviously a long shot to be the answer to the striker question...but if the guy has the stones to turn up for a trial after all that he is done in the game he gets my respect for that.

Hierro was about the same age and stage when he signed for Bolton and he was a delight to watch.

Not saying he doesn't deserve credit for wanting still to play and putting himself through something he presumably doesn't need to do, unless he's been stupid and squandered his wages, just that last time i saw him I couldn't see why he was bothering or why anyone thought he was worth bothering with.

Not saying he doesn't deserve credit for wanting still to play and putting himself through something he presumably doesn't need to do, unless he's been stupid and squandered his wages, just that last time i saw him I couldn't see why he was bothering or why anyone thought he was worth bothering with.

Agreed, he has been far from a threat for a couple of years. However maybe the fire has been lit again. Definitely worth looking at - and then making an up-to-date decision.

I suspect he will stay around for the games in Europe where Sam can come in and watch him in the flesh. [add your own gag there]

I doubt that Vieri still has the fitness required to play a forward role in the Prem. There is nothing wrong with looking though - as long as Sam doesn't go the Ince route, where he looked at Fowler, saw he wasn't up to it, but signed him anyway!

I trust Sam's judgement a bit more than that.

Archived