BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sound like the media every season. Do you expect Tottenham to finish 5th too??

Arsenal wont get close to the title again, and Spurs wont finish any higher than 6th.

Hughesy, year before last Arsenal were top of the table for most of the season, playing great football and looking set for the title. Then they lost Eduardo, Gallas had a hissy fit, the team suffered a couple of shock results and they ended up drifting out of it. Their record against the top four is also excellent. They were very much title contenders right up until the last few weeks of the season.

If they keep their current squad together and have a bit more luck with injuries, then they'll be pushing United all the way IMO.

Hughesy, year before last Arsenal were top of the table for most of the season, playing great football and looking set for the title. Then they lost Eduardo, Gallas had a hissy fit, the team suffered a couple of shock results and they ended up drifting out of it. Their record against the top four is also excellent. They were very much title contenders right up until the last few weeks of the season.

If they keep their current squad together and have a bit more luck with injuries, then they'll be pushing United all the way IMO.

08-09 - They finished 4th - 18pts off the top.

Why talk about 2 seasons ago? Back then we finished 7th - and?!

Chelsea & United beat the crap teams - Liverpool (Although they improved last time) and Arsenal struggle much more against them - thats usually the difference.

This is turning into a scene from In The Loop.

Sounds like someone set up the deal, someone else didn't know or was trying to stop it. Also sounds familiar with another transfer story this summer...

Anyway, Vieri is there. Part of me hopes he has still got it.

According to Wikipedia Vieri is going to be 36 is a few days time! I'm sorry but that's about 3 years too late to be joining a Premiership club IMO. A shame that this has come around now as he used to be one of my favourite strikers..great in the air, awesome shot, good technique for a big man - he had it all. There's certainly no harm in having a look, but I cannot see a 36 year old Christian Vieri being any good for us or any other Premiership side.

08-09 - They finished 4th - 18pts off the top.

Why talk about 2 seasons ago? Back then we finished 7th - and?!

Chelsea & United beat the crap teams - Liverpool (Although they improved last time) and Arsenal struggle much more against them - thats usually the difference.

But the way you were talking, especially the comparison with Spurs, it was as if you were saying that Arsenal are always being over-hyped and are perennial under-achievers. Fact is that they very nearly won the league only the season before last, retaining essentially the same squad and adding quality players. Last season they suffered massively from injuries, but most of those players appear fit now. They'll be up there next season with the rest and I reckon the gap will be far, far from 18 points. I'm not saying they're going to win the league or even that they'll finish higher than fourth, but I wouldn't completely discount them.

I agree on the not being able to beat the lesser teams, mind you - that's been their biggest issue the past few years.

Agreed, he has been far from a threat for a couple of years. However maybe the fire has been lit again. Definitely worth looking at - and then making an up-to-date decision.

I suspect he will stay around for the games in Europe where Sam can come in and watch him in the flesh. [add your own gag there]

Reminds me a bit when Sam brought Mario Jardel to Bolton. It never worked out as Jardel was on a downhill slope then, but what a goalscorer he was. 185 goals in 174 games for Porto and Sporting, that's amazing. Strange no big clubs took a chance on him when he was in his prime.

If he says he can't say, what's the point in asking? If there's anything he can share he usually does so it's not very fair or sensible to ask about something he's already said is staying under wraps

Very true, but what kind of message board would it be if we didn't?

And why would Nicko put it out there anyway? he didn't have to write a single word about it.

think about it...... ;)

And why would Nicko put it out there anyway? he didn't have to write a single word about it.

think about it...... ;)

He likes a wind up like anyone else. However, there are some things you are not going to find out about and I think this is one.

think about it...... ;)

He seems to be playing games, he's got a habit of that....

If your not going to ask questions about things or try to find out any information how would the messageboard exist????

He seems to be playing games, he's got a habit of that....

If your not going to ask questions about things or try to find out any information how would the messageboard exist????

How do message boards that don't have a "resident" journalist exist? Fans discuss things between themselves. If he wants to tell you, he will. If he gets bored because nobody asks and he can say any more, he will. Your asking does not make it any more or less likely that he will tell you.

Reminds me a bit when Sam brought Mario Jardel to Bolton. It never worked out as Jardel was on a downhill slope then, but what a goalscorer he was. 185 goals in 174 games for Porto and Sporting, that's amazing. Strange no big clubs took a chance on him when he was in his prime.

Aah the Brazilian. Agreed, not sure why he never attracted a bigger club. I wonder if Sam might use Vieri on his coaching staff. Very experienced player.

nicko, you spelt karl robinson wrong in your article. carl robinson is a west brom full back ;)

Actually, Carl Robinson is a welsh midfielder who plays for Toronto FC. Paul Robinson is the West Brom full back as well as being the same name as our very own superstar goalie.

If you're going to point out mistakes, don't make your own :P

I guess there were two problems with him:

- The team had to work only for him.

- he was a very bad professional.

Archived