BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the way you were talking, especially the comparison with Spurs, it was as if you were saying that Arsenal are always being over-hyped and are perennial under-achievers. Fact is that they very nearly won the league only the season before last, retaining essentially the same squad and adding quality players.

:lol: Very nearly being the key point - its no good coming 2nd in cups & 4th in the league if your ambition is to be the champions. When did they last win a major trophy despite all the hype?

Did they not lose Flamini to start with?

:lol: Very nearly being the key point - its no good coming 2nd in cups & 4th in the league if your ambition is to be the champions. When did they last win a major trophy despite all the hype?

They will challenge if Fabregas avoids injury.

Also, they've got van Persie, Arshavin, Walcott, Eduardo, Nasri, Denilson, Rosicky, Sagna...

If they add another defender and another striker, and I think they will... then I think Arsenal will be crowned champions in May.

EDIT - Just so this keeps within the thread topic, maybe we could sign Vela on loan if Di Santo falls through... :lol:

I can't say what the tale is but it is a very interesting one...I would love to go into some detail but there are people who keep an eye on titbits and can let you down. I can't write it just now because I've been sworn to secrecy on this for the moment.

There could be an announcement on this on Tuesday - but it is relating to something that happened just over a month ago.

It will be the first time this has happened and it will be interesting to see how football handles it.

Hoping to be able to write this but it is a very hard one to touch until it goes 'official.'

Rest assured it doesn't affect your club but it will cause an awful lot of talk...and raise some serious questions.

Won't say too much, but has it got anything thing to do with last season's FA Cup Final

They will challenge if Fabregas avoids injury.

Also, they've got van Persie, Arshavin, Walcott, Eduardo, Nasri, Denilson, Rosicky, Sagna...

If they add another defender and another striker, and I think they will... then I think Arsenal will be crowned champions in May.

EDIT - Just so this keeps within the thread topic, maybe we could sign Vela on loan if Di Santo falls through... :lol:

Vela just got Injured for Mexico and is out for a few months!

I couldnt give two hoots about arsenals title chances.....More concerned about our Transfers...(see topic title)

You sound like the media every season.

Arsenal wont get close to the title again, and Spurs wont finish any higher than 6th.

Just thought I'd highlight your original post. Just like 'every season', Arsenal 'won't get close to the title'.

My reponse was to say that only a season ago they very nearly won the league.

Now you're admitting they they 'very nearly' won it?

the ultimate in sitting on the fence...so arsenal will finish somewhere between 1st and 4th, you brave man!

Yes, I'm saying that Arsenal will finish somewhere in the top four. Call it what you want, it was never my intention to make any predictions, I was saying to Hughesy that I wouldn't completely discount them for the title.

Where will they finish then? Make a 'brave' decision.

Just had a look and the FA Cup final is on Saturday 15th May and the Champions League final is on Saturday 22nd May.

There again it could be something to do with the following season when the CL final is being played at Wembley. Maybe the stadium has been double booked and CL final will clash with the FA Cup final or a play off final.

Don't even suggest such a thing. :rolleyes:

The football world reels in shock.

:D

If people are going to insist on guessing what this piece of news is, maybe we should have a separate thread for it (like with 'Mr. X')? This thread will become littered with nonsense otherwise and it's difficult enough to read as it is.

This may well have already been mentioned, but it appears Spanish clubs are only allowed to register 25 players for the season meaning Real Madrid will need to offload a few (or have a rather good B team!)

Their squad as it stands is:

1 Iker Casillas

2 Míchel Salgado

3 Pepe

4 Sergio Ramos

5 Fernando Gago

6 Lassana Diarra

7 Raúl

8 Kaká

9 Karim Benzema

10 Cristiano Ronaldo

11 Arjen Robben

12 Marcelo

14 Guti

15 Royston Drenthe

16 Gabriel Heinze

17 Dani Parejo

18 Raúl Albiol

19 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

20 Gonzalo Higuaín

21 Christoph Metzelder

22 Miguel Torres

23 Wesley Sneijder

24 Javi García

25 Jerzy Dudek

— Ezequiel Garay

— Mahamadou Diarra

— Rafael van der Vaart

Ruud van Nistelrooy

— Álvaro Negredo

I am not sure if these squad numbers are correct, but I cannot see Van Nistelrooy settling for a B team place, he MUST see the competition for places IS going to affect him.

Surely he will take a wage cut to play a decent level of football. SAM, ON YOUR WAY BACK FROM PORTUGAL, DROP INTO MADRID & BRING RUUD BACK WITH YOU.

He'd be a class signing. Anyone who mentions injuries, we've just paid RSC a fortune for doing nowt. Worth the risk in my view.

This may well have already been mentioned, but it appears Spanish clubs are only allowed to register 25 players for the season meaning Real Madrid will have to sell (or have a rather good B team!)

Their squad as it stands is:

1 Iker Casillas

2 Míchel Salgado

3 Pepe

4 Sergio Ramos

5 Fernando Gago

6 Lassana Diarra

7 Raúl

8 Kaká

9 Karim Benzema

10 Cristiano Ronaldo

11 Arjen Robben

12 Marcelo

14 Guti

15 Royston Drenthe

16 Gabriel Heinze

17 Dani Parejo

18 Raúl Albiol

19 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

20 Gonzalo Higuaín

21 Christoph Metzelder

22 Miguel Torres

23 Wesley Sneijder

24 Javi García

25 Jerzy Dudek

— Ezequiel Garay

— Mahamadou Diarra

— Rafael van der Vaart

Ruud van Nistelrooy

— Álvaro Negredo

I am not sure if these squad numbers are correct, but I cannot see Van Nistelrooy settling for a B team place, he MUST see the competition for places IS going to affect him.

Surely he will take a wage cut to play a decent level of football. SAM, ON YOUR WAY BACK FROM PORTUGAL, DROP INTO MADRID & BRING RUUD BACK WITH YOU.

He'd be a class signing. Anyone who mentions injuries, we've just paid RSC a fortune for doing nowt. Worth the risk in my view.

Who is No. 13????!

Can only imagine they will name a 3rd choice keeper as 13.

Not a bad squad is it?!!

Not at all, AND they have De La Red who is a cracking midfielder!

Not at all, AND they have De La Red who is a cracking midfielder!

Edit: Sorry just read he is out again this season!

Archived