BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

it`s not over the top when you hear fans creaming their pants ON HERE last season at danny simpson`s loan aquisition, what was he? not even a first choice utd reserve? inevitably he proved a waste of wages for the club to be paying out. yet again this season i`m hearing `sign welbeck on loan!` or some young midfielder who`s been released by fergie. it just lacks imagination imo assuming because they are/were at man u they are top notch.

van nistelrooy WAS a top striker, but he`s played in a total footballing sides all his career, could he at 33 yrs of age adjust to playing a workmanlike style, particulary following major injury troubles? also what would his attitude be like? i hope he knocks us back.

Dead Right Matey.

You cant really tell from the clubs they came from but Sparky and Kevin Moran had that bit of steel in them!!

Dead Right Matey.

Anybody remember Frank Kopel ? Yeh , we got stung that time as well !

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I trust the Rovers scouting network. I'm not sure if many people apart from the obvious on here, know what goes into scouting a player & helping the club make the right descisions, but from what I've heard, to get paid upwards of £70k - £80k a year + expenses, the boys at Ewood must be pretty good. They must have a good opinion of Marc Janko if they've watched him so many times & still continue to be linked with him. If they think he can make the step up, then my vote is with them, I've not seen him play, but at the end of the day its not our descision & we have to trust the professionals.

Fair enough, its backfired with some clubs & players (the main one that springs to mind here in recent times, is Afonso Alves for Boro, £16m wasnt he???) but I heard that Southgate was getting so pi***d off with being rejected by other clubs & targets that he had him looked at a few times, checked his scoring record & then Hereveen bent him over & pulled his pants down. This wont happen with Rovers (at least if it does it wont be so severe, because we dont have that much money!!!)

I would love to see Cardozo, or Gignac, but if they're too much money, then I'm happy to trust our scouts that seem to be saying that Janko would be a very viable alternative!!!

(By the way being a football scout would be my dream job, goin all over the world gettin paid to watch footy... ACE!!!)

Quick question, if they have watched him so many times, why no bid?? Why, because they are unsure, unsure because there are different levels of football and he doesnt play many international matches to see himagainst better opposition, he may be ok, but we are taking a huge risk!!

Anyone know why Janko only has 7 caps for Austria? Would think if he's that highly rated that he'd play more regularly for them - 7 caps since 2006 is pretty bleak (according to wiki).

I seem to remember someone mentioning that they have recently appointed a new coach who has freshened up the entire squad, who were the tried and tested old crowd but are now the youth section. Janko is now the main man for them. Didn't seem to bad in the last international I saw highlights of, but that is no way to judge a players ability.

would like us to go for julio cruz who is on his way out of inter, don't think he would cost much either..

and adel taarabt wants out of spurs, huge talent,, cheap shot at him, might push mort a bit i would think..

Julio Cruz is vastly underrated. He would not only fit into our style of play but also into the Prem I think. I saw him in a champs league game last season & he looked a really tidy player, proper centre forward. Is he not out of contract??? If he is I dont see any reason why we shouldn't be going for him.

i don't appreciate people clogging up the thread with pointless rants which aren't even accurate

what`s pointless about being concerned at the age of our potential signings? seems a pretty relevent gripe to me. i was inaccurate on 1 player`s age, then you bring up 2 names out of nowhere as examples that i`d never even mentioned. i see by your attitude that you feel more a part of this board than me, but if you`d take the time to check my sign up date i`ve actually been a part if it for a similar period as you. i`m not going to resort to being rude as you have as this board in the main(thankfully) seems to be above that unlike others.

what`s pointless about being concerned at the age of our potential signings? seems a pretty relevent gripe to me. i was inaccurate on 1 player`s age, then you bring up 2 names out of nowhere as examples that i`d never even mentioned. i see by your attitude that you feel more a part of this board than me, but if you`d take the time to check my sign up date i`ve actually been a part if it for a considerably longer period than you. i`m not going to resort to being rude as you have as this board in the main(thankfully) seems to be above that unlike others.

1. they didn't come out of nowhere. you said he signed old players but not that old. i proved you wrong.

2. i have no idea how many posts you have made or how long you have been here as it is irrelevant.

3. i do not feel a part of this board as like you quite rightly suggested the majority of the people here have similar traits to yourself

anyway,

what are the odds on a warnock bid this summer?

any ideas what our valuation of him is?

1. they didn't come out of nowhere. you said he signed old players but not that old. i proved you wrong.

2. i have no idea how many posts you have made or how long you have been here as it is irrelevant.

3. i do not feel a part of this board as like you quite rightly suggested the majority of the people here have similar traits to yourself

anyway,

what are the odds on a warnock bid this summer?

any ideas what our valuation of him is?

hurray that`s better!

personally if we were offered around 6-7m for warnock, i`d take it. i don`t agree he was player of the season last year, he did alright overall, but as a left back givet is a far better defender. i`d be a lot more concerned about samba`s deparature if that were to happen.

I dont see anyone coming in for warnock, dont think he had the best season , shunted around to much, samba or benni next ones to go if any.

I would be very hesitant to let anyone near samba come to think of it at the snails pace of which roques replacement is being found i wouldnt let anyone go, we might end up with bugger all players on the pitch.

The main highlight for me is that reidy is training again and looks in shape, the chat that is about RVN and the bisexual condom salesman aka vieri is about as interesting as keith andrews was.

I dont see anyone coming in for warnock, dont think he had the best season , shunted around to much, samba or benni next ones to go if any.

I would be very hesitant to let anyone near samba come to think of it at the snails pace of which roques replacement is being found i wouldnt let anyone go, we might end up with bugger all players on the pitch.

i don`t think anyone will sign warnock either for the reason you stated. why he got player of the season is beyond me, some of his errors conceding possesion were horrific at times. then again i`ve always thought he was error prone defensively since he`s been at the club. an average to good player for me, but not top notch.

i don`t think anyone will sign warnock either for the reason you stated. why he got player of the season is beyond me, some of his errors conceding possesion were horrific at times. then again i`ve always thought he was error prone defensively since he`s been at the club. an average to good player for me, but not top notch.

Well he is certainly better at going forward than givet, but i have to say that givet is a more solid defender, much rather see warnock pushing MGP for his position, give him a bit of competition, sure wont do him any harm.

Well he is certainly better at going forward than givet, but i have to say that givet is a more solid defender, much rather see warnock pushing MGP for his position, give him a bit of competition, sure wont do him any harm.

i agree i`d like to see warnock challenge for the left wing role, but it doesn`t always follow that becuase he`s good attacking from full back that he`d be good as a winger, graeme le saux wasn`t up to it when we tried him there and he was a better player than warnock. the reason is, i think, that when they attack from a deep posistion the winger has normally created the space for the attacking full back to exploit. they don`t get that space playing as a winger and that`s why they struggle when they try to play there.

maybe we could persist with his central midfield role, that`s what villa did with gareth barry(who was also a left back)

as i`ve said before, oliver bierhoff preceded him as the clubs record scorer in a season before moving onto better things in italy and with the german national team, i wouldn`t read too much into the league he`s playing in. go off what you see, goals are the same shape and size whereever you play, and he seems to be very good at putting the ball into them. he scored a very good roque-style header against rovers in europe when he was just a young reserve striker, and he`s come on a bit since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-SARuylpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjhOmPjovc

Wow. Is it possible to get Janko for only 6m? I know it's only a highlight reel but, i was impressed by his diversity. He looks very good in the air, has a good touch, vision for the opening and seems to have a feel to let the shot go at the right time. Showing patience. Looks like a good penalty taker. Not much power on the shots in the video but, power doesn't always equal goals. Accuracy is far more important. Seems like a confident player.

We ought to look on Ebay and see if we can't order a couple Janko's.

forget about janko - its just not goin to happen

forget about ruud - probably PSV bound

forget about vieri - Too old to slow always injured so what if he's 8 foot 4

jan vennegoor of hesselink - 6 foot 3 , strong , availible on free ,

Watch this space

Archived