BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I dont see anyone coming in for warnock, dont think he had the best season , shunted around to much, samba or benni next ones to go if any.

I would be very hesitant to let anyone near samba come to think of it at the snails pace of which roques replacement is being found i wouldnt let anyone go, we might end up with bugger all players on the pitch.

The main highlight for me is that reidy is training again and looks in shape, the chat that is about RVN and the bisexual condom salesman aka vieri is about as interesting as keith andrews was.

well looks like city have woke up.... or they read this MB.... i think it might be good to cash in on him for 15 million....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...hris-Samba.html (great picture )

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well looks like city have woke up.... or they read this MB.... i think it might be good to cash in on him for 15 million....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...hris-Samba.html (great picture )

No, it wouldn't, certainly not before we've sorted out a new strikeforce. We may need him to play centre forward again next season the way things are going.

forget about janko - its just not goin to happen

forget about ruud - probably PSV bound

forget about vieri - Too old to slow always injured so what if he's 8 foot 4

jan vennegoor of hesselink - 6 foot 3 , strong , availible on free ,

Watch this space

There's a reason why Jvoh is being allowed to leave Celtic on a free. No longer considered good enough for the SPL.

Watch this space

You must be joking! Celtic have released him, because he was hopeless in the SPL. Now if he cant cut in in Scotland, then explain how he is going to do against the likes of Vidic, Terry, Carragher etc etc. We might as well keep Samba as a striker, he is what 6 foot 7? He is massive and he is strong.

nicko's tale that will rock football..........how about ..sol campbell BACK to spurs ?.......the fans will be in uproar , but he's out of contract and he's worked for redknapp at pompey ...the story would rip the club in 2 ...a manager who is very well liked by the clubs fans wants to sign the player they hate?

We might as well keep Samba as a striker, he is what 6 foot 7? He is massive and he is strong.

I said this 1 month ago, but was totally laughed at.

If we are looking for another centre-back (Gregory Cerdan) and we are struggling to find a target man, maybe we are looking at Samba in that position. He is very good at holding up the ball, a real threat in the air and has a decent shot and technique on him.

He will deffo give Benni and (Roberts or New Striker) more room to do their business.

If we get a pacey striker a la Bellamy I am sure it will work.

I said this 1 month ago, but was totally laughed at.

If we are looking for another centre-back (Gregory Cerdan) and we are struggling to find a target man, maybe we are looking at Samba in that position. He is very good at holding up the ball, a real threat in the air and has a decent shot and technique on him.

He will deffo give Benni and (Roberts or New Striker) more room to do their business.

If we get a pacey striker a la Bellamy I am sure it will work.

I see your points but with Samba upfront the total goal tally between two strikers would be 15, and that's good enough for 15th spot in the table. If Samba could chip in with 8-10 goals himself then it would of course work, but I don't see it happening - he can still score from set pieces as a central defender.

I think its tin hat time for Rovers supporters. I suggested at the season end that we would just have to close our eyes and trust in Sam for what he comes up with.

As things stand we have reasonable cover at the back and it looks like we are still shopping for defenders albeit as a lower priority.

It wouldn't surprise me to see both Warnock and Samba go if it raises £12m net after costs of transactions (ie transfer fees of £15m in total). Put that to Sam's existing pot and he could shop in the £10m bracket for a striker he really wants, sign one or more back-up defenders and have a reasonable pot for a midfielder.

Incidentally, hope I'm wrong but if Di Santo is going on the Chelsea pre-season tour, I have a feeling he won't be coming to Rovers. After all the arrangement pre-dates Ancelotti's appointment.

nicko's tale that will rock football

SSN's press review a couple of hours ago had something about Paddy Kenny and a drugs test, back page of the Star I think.

Suicide if we sold both Warnock and Samba.

i agree it will be very hard to replace them. I think the more likely to go is Samba though, i can see city coming in for him at the last minute, when all these world stars turn them down

If we get Di Santo and succeed in our bid for Ruud will the manager still "smash the trnsfer record" for a new striker or will he consider the striker scenario solved at a cost of 1.25M? If the latter we could spend big on a creative mid-fielder eg Bentley whom I'd welcome back with open arms. We'd have the finishers and the supply chain.

Watch this space

he's woeful, are u his agent..............agree ruud will never hapen, but i think janko is very likely and i'd love to see vieri here on a 6 month deal as he actually was still playing top flight football last year unlike a certain scouse blob that joined us last year.

he's woeful, are u his agent..............agree ruud will never hapen, but i think janko is very likely and i'd love to see vieri here on a 6 month deal as he actually was still playing top flight football last year unlike a certain scouse blob that joined us last year.

It has also been quoted in the LEP, that Villa are looking at Crouch - if that is the case, then I`m pretty sure Carew would be surplus.

Personally, i`d be happy for MGP to try and persuade him being International team mates, that Ewood would be a good place to be - and to be honest I think he is a good target man if this is what we are indeed looking for.

Vieri on a 6 month contract..................hell yes, the guy has bags of experience, and although his pace (which was never really there) and his legs may have gone, he will be able to pass on a wealth of knowledge to our other players, and may be able to be thrown on when we are chasing a game and pumping balls in to the box !

Well he is certainly better at going forward than givet, but i have to say that givet is a more solid defender, much rather see warnock pushing MGP for his position, give him a bit of competition, sure wont do him any harm.

Agree with you here, plus think player of the season should have gone to Samba or Warnock so not disappointed with this. Warnocks attitude, drive, determination and he looked proud to be wearing a shirt should get him the accolade on merit, as lets be honest, there was a lot of attitude missing for half a season under Incey from the majority of players.

Warnock works his ass off on played in quite a few different positions and showed some versatility and consistency so deserved his award.

I would like to see Warnock challenge MGP for that left mid role as well beerwins, as MGP needs a rocket up his ass in pre-season, so at leats he starts performing at the beginnign of a season rather than towards the end like the last three seasons !

I suppose the issue on the Kenny story is does in invalidate Sheff U's win over PNE?

If it is the story that nicko is referring to.

Tuncay, Alves and Mido are all missing at Boro apparently. All are on wages that would make them unappealing prospects at Rovers.

I suppose the issue on the Kenny story is does in invalidate Sheff U's win over PNE?

If it is the story that nicko is referring to.

Tuncay, Alves and Mido are all missing at Boro apparently. All are on wages that would make them unappealing prospects at Rovers.

Hmm good point Philipl - but I doubt it would invalidate the win, as last seaon has concluded now without an appeal being lodged in that season. Now we are in the 09-10 season I believe they are unable to lodge appeals for previous seasons

He seems like a good player, according to Wikipedia. Why have Celtic released him?

The simple answer is: because he's NOT a good player. I see Celtic ad nauseam on the Scottish TV channels, but very rarely see him in the team, and when I do he does not impress me at all. A very average sort of striker and I can't see him making much impression in the EPL.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry posted before I got to Derek's post.

If we get Di Santo and succeed in our bid for Ruud will the manager still "smash the trnsfer record" for a new striker or will he consider the striker scenario solved at a cost of 1.25M? If the latter we could spend big on a creative mid-fielder eg Bentley whom I'd welcome back with open arms. We'd have the finishers and the supply chain.

getting rvn in would probably cripple our wage bill

bentley will never come back, we couldn't afford his wages anyway, especially if we had just got rvn

bad but hardly the earth shattering news it sounded like nicko had. He's not the first and he's not a high profile player anymore.

i don't think he ever has been

Watch this space

Have you heard something about him or is that you hoping? Id be gutted if we signed him – he isn’t good enough for the SPL like others have said.

It wouldn't surprise me to see both Warnock and Samba go if it raises £12m net after costs of transactions (ie transfer fees of £15m in total). Put that to Sam's existing pot and he could shop in the £10m bracket for a striker he really wants, sign one or more back-up defenders and have a reasonable pot for a midfielder.

Incidentally, hope I'm wrong but if Di Santo is going on the Chelsea pre-season tour, I have a feeling he won't be coming to Rovers. After all the arrangement pre-dates Ancelotti's appointment.

£15m for Samba & Warnock?? You would be happy with that would you??

Warnock is of a slightly less level to Johnson and he went for £18m. Samba is class and worth at least £12-15m at his age.

Daily Mail: "Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is lining up a £2million bid for Le Mans centre-back Gregory Cerdan."

I know he's been mentioned previously in this thread, but I can't remember if Eddie/gumboots etc has given their verdict. I don't follow French football that closely, so does anyone know if he is any good?

£15m for Samba does sound tempting, what with Givet having performed brilliantly, and Nelsen being (almost) back to his old form. If this Cerdan fella is good, and Zurab stays, I'd be tempted to sell and splash the Roque and Samba cash on one or two strikers and a GOOD central midfielder.

Archived