BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying I'd be happy with it Hughesy, just speculating on something that is bound to have crossed Sam's mind. Got a feeling that Warnock and Samba are semi-detached already although I hope I am doing them both a massive disservice.

he's woeful, are u his agent..............agree ruud will never hapen, but i think janko is very likely and i'd love to see vieri here on a 6 month deal as he actually was still playing top flight football last year unlike a certain scouse blob that joined us last year.

I am Just Telling You I Have Strong Info In Regards to Jan Venegoor, one of the deciding factors being no transfer fee, which will be spent on a younger striker Frederick Nimani has been mentioned.

I am Just Telling You I Have Strong Info In Regards to Jan Venegoor, one of the deciding factors being no transfer fee, which will be spent on a younger striker Frederick Nimani has been mentioned.

Who's he?

The reality is if anyone makes a good offer for any of our players they are off

What a ray of sunshine you are on this rainy day!

As with everything in football it all depends on the timing and who's making the offer. Some players like being a big fish in a small pond as opposed to drowning in the big pond.

It wouldn't be good thats for sure although not totally unexpected now that we are publically borassic, but it does depend on who we got to replace them.

If we sell Samba then our central defence has no pace, Givet doesn't have it, Nelsen doesn't have it. He is going to get better as well plus he is young and i can see his value going up in a few more years.

What's the point of weakening ourself even further?

Forget selling Samba, bring in a midfielder and striker and our side should be able to achieve a top 10 finish and perhaps push for Europe if some sides above us start to have a bit of a blip.

On RVN, from what I gather he wouldn’t cost much in terms of transfer fees but his wages obviously would be high. But where will the rest of the money go if we land him? Its needs to be spent this window, because I can guarantee you if it isn’t spent it won’t be there in January...

he's close to the powers that be.

I hope he is wrong. He's a big name but no in the sense we all wanted. His goal scoring record isn't fantastic considering he is in a poor league.

Best summed up by this line from his wiki:

"He was released by Celtic in July 2009 and it is believed he is now being persued by Championship Club Bristol City"

Eleven hours being a white van man, a crashed mobile and away from my laptop...oh dear.

The biggie is out. I thought the football-related issues here were even bigger...like where does it leave the play-offs etc. But that's just me. Imagine if they had been promoted? Ouch.

I don't think a player has been banned like this before after this level of game. It certainly shocked me when I heard.

In other news.

VIERI - heard confusing news before the moby went down that he HASN'T turned up...at the point of giving up on this one.

STRIKER - I think Rovers have missed out or been priced out of everyone they have asked for...think I said before this is a tough market.

DI SANTO - it's a waiting game, but there's not much you can do.

If we sell Samba then our central defence has no pace, Givet doesn't have it, Nelsen doesn't have it. He is going to get better as well plus he is young and i can see his value going up in a few more years.

What's the point of weakening ourself even further?

Forget selling Samba, bring in a midfielder and striker and our side should be able to achieve a top 10 finish and perhaps push for Europe if some sides above us start to have a bit of a blip.

On RVN, from what I gather he wouldn’t cost much in terms of transfer fees but his wages obviously would be high. But where will the rest of the money go if we land him? Its needs to be spent this window, because I can guarantee you if it isn’t spent it won’t be there in January...

Our place in the Prem now is to import new talent, develop them and sell them. There really is nothing else our situation allows us to do. From a virtual standing start Hughes left us a golden egg legacy of circa 70m in just 3-4 years. Whilst I have no doubts about Sam the manager I do have reservations about Sam the scout. If SA leaves is a couple of years as the law of averages dictates then how many of our playing staff will be 'sellable'? That will provide the acid test on Sam's reign.

In the past I suggested that Hughes be given a 20% cut / bonus / commision on unearthing and developing new talent when that talent is sold on (suggest your own %age btw). I was criticised by many at the time but unfortunately I've a feeling that time will again prove me right.

Our place in the Prem now is to import new talent, develop them and sell them. There really is nothing else our situation allows us to do. From a virtual standing start Hughes left us a golden egg legacy of circa 70m in just 3-4 years. Whilst I have no doubts about Sam the manager I do have reservations about Sam the scout. If SA leaves is a couple of years as the law of averages dictates then how many of our playing staff will be 'sellable'? That will provide the acid test on Sam's reign.

In the past I suggested that Hughes be given a 20% cut / bonus / commision on unearthing and developing new talent when that talent is sold on (suggest your own %age btw). I was criticised by many at the time but unfortunately I've a feeling that time will again prove me right.

I'm not sure I agree on the second point, because it would prove something of a conflict of interest. A manager might seek to move players on in order to pocket some cash, but to the detriment of the team.

On the first point, however, I am in absolute agreement.

Its laughable really.

We sell a striker for £18 milion and the best we have been linked to is an 32 year old former Rovers reject Kevin Davies, 35 year old overweight condom designer Christian Vieri, 33 year old with some serious questions over his knee RVN and a freebie thats not good enough for Celtic (playing in a joke of a league and still can't get a game) Jan Vennegoor of Hesslink.

And people are ok with selling our best central defender in Chris Samba and one of the top left backs in the country in Steven Warnock... Wonder which various 30 year olds and rejects would be linked as their replacements.

We haven't signed any of them, but the targets if true are embarassing. Something not right behind the scenes whether thats Sam's decision making on targets, the scouting network, the board perhaps pocketed more money than is led to believe from the Roque transfer or the fact that the wage budget has been cut and can't be added to anymore. Something just isn't right if this is the best we can do...

I'm not sure I agree on the second point, because it would prove something of a conflict of interest. A manager might seek to move players on in order to pocket some cash, but to the detriment of the team.

Depends on the terms and conditions in the small print. What I am mighty sure about is that we lost the Goose that laid the Golden eggs. Did JW and the board pull out all the stops to keep him? Or did they just shrug their shoulders and accept the inevitable? Hughes had no way of knowing how events have turned out but we all know that under Shinawatra managing City was not a bed of roses.

The biggie is out. I thought the football-related issues here were even bigger...like where does it leave the play-offs etc. But that's just me. Imagine if they had been promoted? Ouch.

Maybe Preston should sue Sheff Utd, their lawyers must rake it in.

We sell a striker for £18 milion and the best we have been linked to is an 32 year old former Rovers reject Kevin Davies, 35 year old overweight condom designer Christian Vieri, 33 year old with some serious questions over his knee RVN and a freebie thats not good enough for Celtic (playing in a joke of a league and still can't get a game) Jan Vennegoor of Hesslink.

If you only choose to look at some of the players we have been linked to then you will get yourself depressed.

The media have been linking us with far better players, as has nicko. I get the feeling that we will sign a young striker for decent money and then get an oldie in to try and buy a short term high return of goals.

Archived