BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd prefer Davies? But Davies would be our main signing, Hesselink would be backup to the main signing. It's totally different. If anything he's an alternative to Vieri.

I have to admit I'd be very happy with him coming on a free. With Sam looking at players like Vieri and Hesselink you have to wonder where the Di Santo deal is going though, unless Benni and/or Roberts is being lined up to leave.

Agree he is the alternative to Vieri. leaving our funds intact for a big signing. As for Roberts n Benni, don't forget Sam has already mentioned how they will both need replacing in the nxt few years.

You'd prefer Davies? But Davies would be our main signing, Hesselink would be backup to the main signing. It's totally different. If anything he's an alternative to Vieri.

I have to admit I'd be very happy with him coming on a free. With Sam looking at players like Vieri and Hesselink you have to wonder where the Di Santo deal is going though, unless Benni and/or Roberts is being lined up to leave.

the Di Santo deal will still go through if the new manager thinks its the best option for him to go out on loan. Hesselink is not better then Roberts, i am sure its a made up rumour thats going round to

Point one...where is the main signing?...it's proving rather elusive.

Nicko you said that we are all getting too worked up over this and yet now more or less point out that we're back to square one with regards to our striker search. Of course there's going to be concern as we've been here all too often - with last year being an example.

Benfica quit on signing Falcão.

It was not money problems since he only costs around £4million.

There was a big problem with the owners of his pass and the money that his club has to pay him...

He could actually leave in a free if he wanted.

I think he could be a good option for Rovers.

Point one...where is the main signing?...it's proving rather elusive.

Point two...van Hesselink is very very ordinary...if you even thought about him you would need locking up.

Point three...Di Santo should be done...he is now very much a priority which is why I said in the first place that it is some business considering the marrket.

Is it not possible Sam is looking at bringing in an experienced target man with a good goalscoring record to allow him to make a slightly riskier signing with the Roque money? If it's proving as difficult as you say it is to bring in proven quality (I don't doubt it is) then maybe that tactic would allow him to bring in someone like Marcus Berg or Janko.

Surely you're not suggesting with your first point that you think Vieri/Hesselink could be the Roque replacement? I would want Sam locking up if that was the case, but I don't for a second believe it is. I know Sam is big on statistics and goalscoring records and you can't argue with Hesselink's - nearly 1 in 2 throughout his career.

I don't doubt the Di Santo story by the way, I was more wondering where all this leaves Benni and Roberts. It appears Sam is after a quality striker, an experienced freebie and Di Santo. That's too many to carry into next season.

I was more wondering where all this leaves Benni and Roberts. It appears Sam is after a quality striker, an experienced freebie and Di Santo. That's too many to carry into next season.

If we actually manage to find some strikers, I wouldn't be too surprised if Benni would be offloaded. I think preferring Samba over him showed everyone how low Sam rates him.

If it's proving as difficult as you say it is to bring in proven quality (I don't doubt it is) then maybe that tactic would allow him to bring in someone like Marcus Berg or Janko.

On an interesting note it was in the gossip column this morning that Berg was available at £5m. I'm not sure how reliable that figure is but he seems a steal at that price.

Swedish striker Marcus Berg is a target for Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham. The 25-year-old's club FC Gronigen value him at £5m.

Looks more and more like we haven't got the master of the transfer market. Appalling that we are still without a new striker.

Bloody hell Eddie, cut it out. There are plenty of Premier League sides still requiring big signings, it's only just turned July. I'd rather we took our time and got the right man. Aside from Roque going to City I can't think of a single other meaningful striker signing so far this summer.

That isn't really the point. We knew Santa Cruz was leaving, or at least that the chance was very, very high. We should have had our targets lined up and sounded out. How can we still be looking over names and approaching clubs? We should have had a short-list ready to go and been able to move as soon as the cheque cleared.

I didn't expect us to have all of our summer signings done by now, but the fact that we are making little or no progress with our striker search is a sign of poor work on the part of our scouts and management over the past couple of months.

but the fact that we are making little or no progress with our striker search is a sign of poor work on the part of our scouts and management over the past couple of months.

You can't be certain of how much progress has made. We're all going off speculation - but sometimes a signing comes from nowhere that the club has been keeping quiet. It is frustrating, but I'd rather the club took their time and got the right man.

That isn't really the point. We knew Santa Cruz was leaving, or at least that the chance was very, very high. We should have had our targets lined up and sounded out. How can we still be looking over names and approaching clubs? We should have had a short-list ready to go and been able to move as soon as the cheque cleared.

If Man City got wind of us lining up Roque replacements then we wouldn't have been in a very strong bargaining position, would we? It would have undermined our "he's not for sale stance" quite a lot, don't you think? It's all well and good having a list of replacements, but until you start talking to clubs and finding out what they want then it's utterly pointless.

It sounds like Man Utd have known since last summer than Ronaldo was going, but they haven't got round to replacing him yet. I can't imagine what you must make of this awful management by Ferguson. :rolleyes:

Looks more and more like we haven't got the master of the transfer market. Appalling that we are still without a new striker.

It doesnt suggest such a thing, it suggests, that his number one target who he believed would come was either priced out of the market or JW was not too keen on the idea. It also suggests, that the transfer fees are also highly inflated and it also suggests that the quality is not around, Man U arent moving well in that direction are they??

Chelsea have signed Sturridge, will he get a game there??

Spurs are trying to sell Bent for a ridiculous £18,000,000 and so on it goes!!

The word appalling suggests 'anyone will do' I would rather wait and have a chance than take some of the noggins such as Hesselink who has been mentioned on here!!

Janko whilst could be OK and looks ok on video but didnt Carlos??

And dont forget, lots of the targets were the input of the previous incumbent who had his ideas for the scouts to look at,#

Sam will have been looking from Jan onwards and I have to say this, City and Real have made this window hard work!!

But give the guy a chance, dont expect a siigning in 20 minutes, he wants to make sure we get some quality in there!!

Lancashire Telegraph:

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has today confirmed that he will not be pursuing his interest in Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Allardyce had previously said he would be keen to speak to the Real Madrid striker about a move to Ewood and it had since been revealed that a tentative enquiry had been made.

But the Rovers manager has now said that he will not be making a move for van Nistelrooy because his wage demands are likely to be too high and the Dutch forward may not be fit for the start of the season, having missed the second half of the 2008/09 campaign with a serious knee injury.

The drog regularly entertains us with the same old fruit and nut case ideas.

You don't believe in incentivised bonus's gunner? I find that odd given that you pontificate endlessly on all manner of financial matters. I'm sure that our current manager would agree with such a suggestion in principle. ;)

As it is in just over 12 months due to a certain ineptness we've lost a top manager who appeared able to unearth football talent almost at will, we've sold 3 of our best players with definite fears over the next two best, we've narrowly avoided relegation to oblivion and yet we've had no suggestions from you on how to move BRFC forward. Nothing either positive or negative, feasible no unfeasible. Zilch. You may as well put in for Chairman!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one on here to notice that any terribly educated, well thought out business suggestions from you simply don't exist. In fact they never have in my memory. Any suggestions for forward planning from you has amounted to the square root of sweet FA. In a nutshell Gunner there is no doubt that you can understand a Balance sheet but your talents appear only in looking, analysing and frequently criticising events that have happened in the past. You have been blessed....... but only with hindsight.

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has today confirmed that he will not be pursuing his interest in Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Allardyce had previously said he would be keen to speak to the Real Madrid striker about a move to Ewood and it had since been revealed that a tentative enquiry had been made.

But the Rovers manager has now said that he will not be making a move for van Nistelrooy because his wage demands are likely to be too high and the Dutch forward may not be fit for the start of the season, having missed the second half of the 2008/09 campaign with a serious knee injury.

Just said this on SSN. Also, confirmed interest in P Crouch. Full interview comin up apparently.

Archived