BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I think Givet is good, but simply not great. I think he's a decent premiership defender and that his purple patch when on loan has been somewhat overplayed by the fans as it was compared to the utter dross on show at the back for the first 6 months of the season. I think he is what he is and he'll do a job, but that he isn't worth spending a significant amount of our budget on.

Domenech and more importantly Big Sam must think more of Givet than just being a 'decent premiership defender' though Eddie. He's doesn't always stand out because he gets on with what he does with relative ease and the only critisism that somebody could level at his all-round game is that he lacks a bit of pace.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell

I have a feeling that the reason we haven't gone for Davis is because Sam is looking for another 'Tugay' big name player to capture the fans imagination with.

Davis is a good (not excellent) reasonably paid midfielder. I think that we are looking for a excellent reasonably paid midifeld "engine" which might involve us spending a chunk of what we get for Cruz on.

Nolan out for 4m and Davis in for free is a pretty sweet deal.

If RSC does go for 17.5m, or even 13m, I am going to have to eat my hat!

Are any of our deals looking like being completed in the near future?

Di Santo? Rothen? even Givet?

Lots of sources believe Roque will be a Man City player by the end of the week, I wonder

if the board will present Sam with a fat cheque when he goes?

Hope so :tu:

Di Santo - Depends on Ancelotti in pre-season training

Givet - Signed on 10th June - Not yet announced

Rothen - Just a rumour at this stage.

Wonder whats the reason the Givet deal hasn't been announced?

Heard something about his Daughter but surely the deal would still be confirmed?

mmmmm. <_< Hope RSC just fecks off now, I fancy BS to work his magic in the

next month or so.

I have a feeling that the reason we haven't gone for Davis is because Sam is looking for another 'Tugay' big name player to capture the fans imagination with.

Davis is a good (not excellent) reasonably paid midfielder. I think that we are looking for a excellent reasonably paid midifeld "engine" which might involve us spending a chunk of what we get for Cruz on.

That's exactly what we need...a combination of Savage and Tugay in one player. I was hoping that Reid would supply the goods in that respect, but then I reckon there is not much chance of that happening. We can live in hope I suppose. :)

That's exactly what we need...a combination of Savage and Tugay in one player. I was hoping that Reid would supply the goods in that respect, but then I reckon there is not much chance of that happening. We can live in hope I suppose. :)

Omg we'd have Worsel Gummidge running our midfield! :lol:

Guest benmaxwell
If Everton lose Lescott to City, then perhaps Kenwright was looking for another centre half ? Samba or Nelson ?

Nelsen...

In other news, Paris Saint-Germain are hurrying Big Sam to make a 3 million Euro offer for Jérôme Rothen as their 'might be interest from other clubs', well if their is interest from other clubs then why do PSG want Sam to hurry? :rolleyes:

What about Arsenals Emmanuel Eboue, proven premiership quality who wants regular first team football solves the right side in one swoop.

Would or could big Sam sign him.

You dismiss Rothen, the suggest Eboue of all people??? Have you taken your pills lately grandad?

I really hope its true, hes a cracking player, hopefully we sell santa quick, get him in and sell one of benni or roberts and get maybe crouch or someone like that then we will have Zidane/Di Santo/Crouch/(Benni or Roberts)

Oh and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W672eeFPbIE

I wish we had YouTube in my day, might have had myself a whole different career. ;)

He does seem to have great feet and pace to burn, still looked good in the Bundesliga, could well be worth a punt.

www.egyptianplayers.com

Somewhere on there, also about Zidan being linked.

He is 30!

Oops, why do i keep thinking he is 22. I think he wears number 22, so that might be it. Could be wrong again. One thing i do know, he is a cracking player.

Nelsen...

In other news, Paris Saint-Germain are hurrying Big Sam to make a 3 million Euro offer for Jérôme Rothen as their 'might be interest from other clubs', well if their is interest from other clubs then why do PSG want Sam to hurry? :rolleyes:

I can confirm Sambas agent is a big Evertonian supporter.

You dismiss Rothen, the suggest Eboue of all people??? Have you taken your pills lately grandad?

A proven 26 year old against.. an ageing unproven 31 year old, are sure your Ok young boy.

would love us to sign zidan he looked cracking in the last african nations cup, remember thinking at the time wed never have a chance of signing him though

Just watched the video clip on you tube he looks excellent, somebody running with the ball taking players on and then an end product, get him signed asap instead of that Jerome Rotten chappy.

I wish we had YouTube in my day, might have had myself a whole different career. ;)

He does seem to have great feet and pace to burn, still looked good in the Bundesliga, could well be worth a punt.

Youtube is overated (Carlos) but the fact that hes quick, skillful (Scored 2 Goals and got the man of the match award against a good Brazil team on a loosing side) and has a great africans nations. I know its only a rumor tho.

Guest benmaxwell
I can confirm Sambas agent is a big Evertonian supporter.

I have no doubt. I was however correcting the spelling of the captain of our club.

Yesterday somebody mentioned that we should be interested in Marcus Berg, his club have received a couple of inquiries from Premier league clubs, and the teams who have asked have been quoted £9m for him.

I have no doubt. I was however correcting the spelling of the captain of our club.

Yesterday somebody mentioned that we should be interested in Marcus Berg, his club have received a couple of inquiries from Premier league clubs, and the teams who have asked have been quoted £9m for him.

You can only understand Marcus Bergs qualities, IF you've been following him for a long time to know if hes good enough, not just watch someone bang a few in, in a crappy youngster tournament :)

You can only understand Marcus Bergs qualities, IF you've been following him for a long time to know if hes good enough, not just watch someone bang a few in, in a crappy youngster tournament :)

Berg has only scored in the Dutch league though, hardly a tough league, I mean Alves scored a goal a game there! :lol:

Archived