BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buying a player from Holland who just did well in a junior international tournament - what can go wrong there?

So if there is another brilliant young Dutch lad, we should ignore him because Rigters was a flop? Any youngster, who hasnt had decent exposure at the highest level, on a consistent basis is a risk.

Not on this board (Or football messageboards in general) no, as there are people on here who actually believe that we should stay away from youngsters playing in Holland because of Rigters, South Americans becasue of Villanueva, Italians because of Grabbi etc etc. My ignore lists just keeps on growing, hard to know who actually believes what they're saying and who are just mocking them.

Guest benmaxwell

Iceman, what do you know about Bernard Parker? Having a good game vs New Zealand at the moment. Only 23 years old. Don't know an awful lot about him though?

I know nothing about him apart from that he's a lucky fecker this evening and may be available on a free...according to our ever reliable RTE commentary team over here.

And can make the occasional goal line clearance!

New Zealand has been dire, even Ryan wouldn't have helped.

JAL - sorry, i was out of line with that remark before. I understand that Eboue is proven etc and Rothen is not, but Eboue is a laughing stock. On the performance's i've seen I'd sooner have Amoruso back! (I watch a lot o arsenal because my cousin supprots them)

I do like Eboue and would take him in a second for the right-back slot, but somehow I think he might want european football at least.

That Zidan sounds like a good player, sort of in the Tuncay mould.

There are four strikers i really like the look they are - Franco Di Santo, Marco Janko, Marcus Berg and Djbril Cisse. 2 big guys and 2 fast guys a combination of any two with RSC and Derbyshire.

Anyone know anything about Emana from betis, have we had scouts over? Thats the guy right there for us, big,strong,fast and a hellova shot.

Good reason not to jump in feet first and blow all your dosh.

The problem with Ritgers was that he had no track record of scoring in the Dutch league, and the only time he did well was when he was one of the oldest players in a youth tournament. I do suggest we stay away from players like that in the future.

would love us to sign zidan he looked cracking in the last african nations cup, remember thinking at the time wed never have a chance of signing him though

Hmm. An amazingly talented player. looks like a sort of budget Ronaldo (as in the fat brazilian one), great dribbling, a good finish. Some amazing technique. On the other hand he has been in the Bundasliga for years and not made many waves? 8 million or whatever for him seems like a bit too much....

Marcus Berg is rated to 8 million £ according to norwegian media.

He's to expensive, but a very talented player as i have seen him in Sweden and Holland.

If he is PL standard is not good to say, but we don't have money to slash on a player that could be a hit in the PL.

JAL - sorry, i was out of line with that remark before. I understand that Eboue is proven etc and Rothen is not, but Eboue is a laughing stock. On the performance's i've seen I'd sooner have Amoruso back! (I watch a lot o arsenal because my cousin supprots them)

No problem, is Eboue a laughing stock, yes hes had a difficult time last season what ever was going on his life to disrupt his game only he knows as he definitely needs to move away from Arsenal now.

But hes has definitely shown all the attributes of a good footballer in the past, and one who would enhance the current Rovers first team, at 26 years of age theres surely enough years in him to claw some money back, if, it wasnt to work out here at Ewood for Eboue.

Cant think of one positive for Rothen, if, which is highly probable it doesnt work out for him here at Ewood.

It looks like the Matt Derbyshire transfer is inching closer and closer.......................... apparently we should expect a club announcement regarding his transfer to Olympiacos. The player's agent met with Blackburn officials and the offer was raised to 3million euros..........................................

This satisfies Blackburn Rovers' demands and they are expected to accept Olympiacos' offer. In this case an Olympiacos representative will travel to England and close the deal......................................................

You guys don't do well with sarcasm, do you...

Errr... I think you will find that we had all detected your heavy sarcasm and were actually jumping on the band wagon as it were to support your theme. :wacko:

It looks like the Matt Derbyshire transfer is inching closer and closer.......................... apparently we should expect a club announcement regarding his transfer to Olympiacos. The player's agent met with Blackburn officials and the offer was raised to 3million euros..........................................

This satisfies Blackburn Rovers' demands and they are expected to accept Olympiacos' offer. In this case an Olympiacos representative will travel to England and close the deal......................................................

Which might also mean that the Roque situation is close to being resolved or the Di Santo one. Pretty sure there something in the media about Derbs not going anywhere until Roque's future was settled?

To back this up ive just been informed tomorrow and Friday are going to be very busy.......Im Guessing by that they mean Derbs and Cruz out!

That would give us around £20 million, So wonder if we'll spend any of the 3 million BS will get from the sales! :lol:

Anyone any news on our scouting missions at the moment? The Confed. Cup being watched?

No he wont be any good to us......none of us can pronounce or spell his name. :)

What you mean we cant spell Shikakbbiikskhalas name oh the cheek! :wstu:

Archived