BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

To back this up ive just been informed tomorrow and Friday are going to be very busy.......Im Guessing by that they mean Derbs and Cruz out!

Where you hear that? Mark Hughes goes on holiday tomorrow too - so maybe they want him sorting by then?!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell

Lets not forget that one way or another Gally's future will be resolved this summer too. His contract expires at the end of next season, so i think we will be looking for buyers for him. Their has also been interest in Judge and a perminant signing.

David Hoilett's permit is also pending a decision and i think 4-5 new players will be coming in to replace what we have already lost and who we will be loosing. I think at least 3 of those will be relatively big signings and would be very suprised if the 4-5 include Di-Santo who does look likely to be coming...

• Backroom

If we could pull it off I must say I'd be more excited by the prospect of Hoillet than any other player we've been linked with so far, he may not be ready yet but has clear potential to go far.

So RSC & Matty could be soon gone. Kane, Mokoena have both already gone, aswell as the ageing Tugay & Ooijer.

Big Sam - please also get rid of Gallagher, Brown, Rigters. He will really of cleared the decks of some old or deadwood.

Guest benmaxwell
So RSC & Matty could be soon gone. Kane, Mokoena have both already gone, aswell as the ageing Tugay & Ooijer.

Big Sam - please also get rid of Gallagher, Brown, Rigters. He will really of cleared the decks of some old or deadwood.

Add to this, Zurab (in talks..), Treacy (season loan), Alan Judge (Doran IS better), Bjorn Bussmann (wants to go), Bryan Hodge (has virtually gone) and Julio Santa Cruz (wonder if Man City would be interested? :rolleyes: )

Oh and as far as i have heard...

A load of rubbish: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...De-la-Pena.html

We haven't bid so they haven't pipped us to anything: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...Davis-free.html

Add to this, Zurab (in talks..), Treacy (season loan), Alan Judge (Doran IS better), Bjorn Bussmann (wants to go), Bryan Hodge (has virtually gone) and Julio Santa Cruz (wonder if Man City would be interested? :rolleyes: )

Oh and as far as i have heard...

A load of rubbish: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...De-la-Pena.html

We haven't bid so they haven't pipped us to anything: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...Davis-free.html

Since where you getting your information from?

Having 10-15 million to spend is great.

But with Rovers that kind of money comes with great responsibility. We only ever have this money when a Duff or Rocky move on.

We are under huge huge pressure to spend correctly. More so than just about any other team in the prem.

Zidan, berg, di santos etc...........

ok! if this is true, then we will have a very exciting season. And add in shikabala to the rumours.......... is The big Sam at helm now the same big Sam at bolton???? -.-

Friday morning...with the Independent Handbag Designer Award trophy won in New York by Little Miss Nicko.

Get in there.

Congrats mate.

Have you been hearing any news while your over there or are you not in the loop while your away?

I thought big sam statedthat there would not be many changes, half the players are going to leave or have left (which is good as some of them need to be moved on ) now all we need are new ones to replace them with.

heres waiting and hoping for some news just had abet with a bolton fan that we will end up higher then them so come on big sam get signing us good players

Friday morning...with the Independent Handbag Designer Award trophy won in New York by Little Miss Nicko.

Get in there.

Very well done............ The little claret and blue detail on the front sealed it for the judges I'm guessing eh Alan? :)

Congrats mate.

Have you been hearing any news while your over there or are you not in the loop while your away?

Yes .... The Green Bay packers and the White Sox are in competition for some olymic sprinter. And Samba was considering a trial for the Globetrotters until he realised that his height is more valuable in the Prem with BRFC. :rolleyes:

Having 10-15 million to spend is great.

But with Rovers that kind of money comes with great responsibility. We only ever have this money when a Duff or Rocky move on.

We are under huge huge pressure to spend correctly. More so than just about any other team in the prem.

Do we blow it on what we think we need or do we spend some and save some for January if things are looking dodgy? Decisions decisions.

Congrats mate.

Little Miss Nicko appears to have won the award for "Best Use of CRYSTALLIZED™- Swarovski Elements"

GIGA_lorna_nixon_swarovski.jpg

Winners of the "Handbags at Ten Paces" Award are set to be revealed over on the Keith Andrews thread :lol:

Guest benmaxwell
De La Pena

Linked with De La Pena from Espanyol.

Any information on this?

Like i said above. I severly doubt that this will happen.

He's to old, to expensive (wages) and i especially doubt he meets the midfield engine specs that Sam is looking for.

If i'm proved wrong, i will be disappointed.

Roque hints at Rovers stay: http://www.setanta.com/UK/Articles/Footbal...ure/gnid-57407/ :huh::rolleyes:

Like i said above. I severly doubt that this will happen.

He's to old, to expensive (wages) and i especially doubt he meets the midfield engine specs that Sam is looking for.

If i'm proved wrong, i will be disappointed.

I don't know, he seems like a perfect Tugay replacement?.. Only 33. I haven't seen too much of him. What do people think who watch Spanish football?

ps. Incidently has there ever been as big a flop as Mendieta (he gets a mention on De La Pena's wiki page)? 48 million to Lazio and then immediately lost form. Ended up being released by Middlesborough seven season later... mental!

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Nicko (or someone else) say that we were gonna get 2 strikers in before we allowed Derbs to go? We haven't even got 1 in yet although Di Santo looks fairly likely to come in so does that mean we have another striker lined up to come in soon? I wonder how the Mr Y deal is developing and if he is a possibility who ever he is. I really hope Sam gets given a good wad of money from the Santa Cruz transfer and we can get in a quality striker like Janko, Zidan or Crouch.

I'm sure there was some preview of "what club would buy who over the summer" from months back that stated that De La Pena would be an Allardyce type of signing (a creative midfielder to replace Tugay, but the wrong side of 30). My guess it's just been picked up by the papers during a slow day and printed as news.

Guest benmaxwell
I'm sure there was some preview of "what club would buy who over the summer" from months back that stated that De La Pena would be an Allardyce type of signing (a creative midfielder to replace Tugay, but the wrong side of 30). My guess it's just been picked up by the papers during a slow day and printed as news.

Well his agent has supposedly said we are interested and made an offer. But to be honest, i just don't believe it.

His wages would destroy what John Williams said the other week about cutting our wagebill and his age goes against the type of player Sam said he would be looking to bring in? I also think we could do vastly better if we sorted out the Derbs, Santa Cruz etc... situation first, which is exactly what is happening i think..

Yes, great stuff and many congratlations to Little Miss Nicko and her proud dad!

On the lesser topic of this thread, the I understand the lads will be back on 1st July so the fun should begin in earnest!

Archived