BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Smith: I'd rather play Andrews.

Seems unlikely, the club denied wanting any Newcastle players a few weeks ago, plus he'd probably want £50k a week.

I've got faith in Big Sam to avoid him.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith: I'd rather play Andrews.

Seems unlikely, the club denied wanting any Newcastle players a few weeks ago, plus he'd probably want £50k a week.

I've got faith in Big Sam to avoid him.

i doubt he will be on £50k a week if he signs for Rovers.

I don't think he would be a bad signing. He gives 110% and would add some much needed steel to the midfield. And of course, Rovers won't be throwing wads of cash at him like Newcastle have.

Has anyone else heard about the Rovers signing a Greek or Cypriot player called Giannakopoulos for £52,000? It appeared in the Times this week and I have not read anywhere about it? Is it an error or have I missed something?

Yeah, a young goal keeper. Sort of old news... Nikos Giannakopoulis (sp?)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_5370568,00.html

Friday morning...with the Independent Handbag Designer Award trophy won in New York by Little Miss Nicko.

Get in there.

congrats on little Miss Nicko winning the hand bag comp - but I am afraid burnley need better tactics than that to stay in the prem. They play football in the prem - not handbags at 50 or so paces.

Really hoping that the Smith name is not true. A prattish, crock ,smith neither has a an eye for goal or skillful technique. Attitude also comes into it as Smith (expected to be a midfield dynamo) is as selfish as they come and because of this hes probably will not pass as much. A bit of a lightweight if you discount his whiney bullying attitude and money probably in the region of 2-4million could easily be better spent even on player's in this league.

Sure Smith can run and run but what's the point ,so can most good footballers and he's missing the finesse and attributes that most good player's will have. Surely a terrible buy if true :(

Really hoping that the Smith name is not true. A prattish, crock ,smith neither has a an eye for goal or skillful technique. Attitude also comes into it as Smith (expected to be a midfield dynamo) is as selfish as they come and because of this hes probably will not pass as much. A bit of a lightweight if you discount his whiney bullying attitude and money probably in the region of 2-4million could easily be better spent even on player's in this league.

Sure Smith can run and run but what's the point ,so can most good footballers and he's missing the finesse and attributes that most good player's will have. Surely a terrible buy if true :(

Maybe its a free trainsfer? Newcastle are desperate. If it was for free I could just about accept it.... He would have to take no more than 20k too...

Maybe its a free trainsfer? Newcastle are desperate. If it was for free I could just about accept it.... He would have to take no more than 20k too...

20 k - more like 50p if he clears the cat muck off the pitch. He had his day and it wa one tuesday about 7 years ago. He's been no good for years, and especially since his broken leg and i for one hope it's a load of rubbish that we are even thinking about him.

*Sigh* its going from Bojan to Smith. That guy im not impressed with at all, as he doesnt score goals as a striker or doesnt create much as a midfielder. Let the season please just start, or i would rather us sign Barney than Smith.

Guest benmaxwell

Didn't Sam say he was going to bring the age of the squad down? Everyone we have been linked to today has been 30 or above?

Isn't our squad old enough? We need some youth and pace in midfield. Not more injury prone, passed it highly paid midfielders!

It's the main reason i suggested Andreas Ottl. Still young, still got allot of learning to do, and more potential in his little finger then Rigters...

Daily mail suggesting we are mulling over a 5 million bid for Shikabala:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

So we closing in on Shikabala, but mulling over a 5mill pound asking price. I would really like to know what goes on in the head of some of these journo's. Anyway he is a good player, and will do well. Seems Sam is trying to buy loads of French and African footballers, or at least we linked to players from France and Africa. So at least the skill factor might improve.

Still young, still got allot of learning to do, and more potential in his little finger then Rigters...

Can we as a club afford to take a risk on a player, that still has allot of learning to do? Again im happy with an experienced signing or 2 1st, then once we get the balance right, gradually introduce a youngster into the team. I understand we need some pace, but you do get players who are 30 that has pace. Where i dont know, but thats Sams job to find out where.

Guest benmaxwell
Can we as a club afford to take a risk on a player, that still has allot of learning to do? Again im happy with an experienced signing or 2 1st, then once we get the balance right, gradually introduce a youngster into the team. I understand we need some pace, but you do get players who are 30 that has pace. Where i dont know, but thats Sams job to find out where.

But we already have experience in the club. Why do we need more?! Robbo, Nelsen, Emerton, Roberts, Benni need i go on, have all got experience.

What our team has been lacking in for a great many years now is a little bit of youth, creativity and pace. Remember the Dunn, Jansen Duff trio. It was fantastic! I miss that kind of spark in the team.

We can afford these types of players and we can afford to give them a go. The likes of Rigters and Treacy have made people hesitant to go for a little bit of youth. But the fact is, we could do so much better!

Alan Smith on his way from the Bracodes!!

Embarrassing if true, lying barstewards the Lancashire Telegraph said we wouldnt be taking any Newcastle players.

Such is Alan Smiths fall from grace that we dont want him maybe three years ago it could have been a totally different story for him how times change.

Archived