BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Smith is a bag of crap. Can't cut it up front, and has no guile in midfield. He's just a body to throw on the pitch to make up the numbers. If he was to sign, then I may soften my stance on many of Waggy's posts. Smith offers nothing that Jason Roberts, Keith Andrews or even Keith Treacy doesn't already offer. He will not improve the squad and unless he is on £200 p/w he is a waste of wages.

Guest benmaxwell

Alan Smith for a fee of £2 million or there abouts, or Modeste M'Bami on a free..?

Talk about no brainer! :unsure:

Guest benmaxwell
Would prefer Nicky Butt more than Smith if we are taking any Newcastle's cash in the attic throwaways

I'd prefer neither. I don't think i could even bring myself to choose between the two.

There's some excellent talent available out there, and if the only thing he can do after all his scouting in Spain, Holland and France is go back to a past foruma at Newcastle that lead directly to their relegation, then i am very very worried about the teams future under Sam.

After all the scouting he has done, i expect far far better then Smith and Butt. If he goes for either of them two, then he seriously needs to be asked what exactly was worth all the scouting he has done and have organised of some pretty damn good players.

this board is really going down hill, two pages on a player we won't be signing in a million years and an irrellevant hand bag competition.

Name a message board, that doesnt fall to pieces at some point. Its a place where people voice their opinions. The problem comes in, if people dont like whats being said which in turn leads to chaos. You either got to live with it, or dont post.

Anyway sorry, back on topic. I think Beye and Bassong are the only players i would consider buying off Newcastle. However do we need any more defenders, perhaps a right back yes. This season is going to be about getting the signings right, rather than just signing anybody to make up numbers.

this board is really going down hill, two pages on a player we won't be signing in a million years and an irrellevant hand bag competition.

But it's bound to be like that at this point. We're nearly a month away from the end of the season;8 weeks or so from the start of the next. There are no signings or agreements to talk about. We can't move till our manager is back from holiday and knows where he stands with regard to Mr Santa Cruz. Other clubs aren't doing business yet or at least nothing concrete. It's all about sounding out and manoeuvring for position. Most players are still on hols. Many managers are. Makes a designer handbag competition seem quite exciting really.

But it's bound to be like that at this point. We're nearly a month away from the end of the season;8 weeks or so from the start of the next. There are no signings or agreements to talk about. We can't move till our manager is back from holiday and knows where he stands with regard to Mr Santa Cruz. Other clubs aren't doing business yet or at least nothing concrete. It's all about sounding out and manoeuvring for position. Most players are still on hols. Many managers are. Makes a designer handbag competition seem quite exciting really.

Hahaha Mrs Gumboots. Ever been in one of those handbag competitions? It can get rather serious.

Did Roque not have an 18mill release clause. I see its now being said its 20mill.

Really hoping that the Smith name is not true. A prattish, crock ,smith neither has a an eye for goal or skillful technique. Attitude also comes into it as Smith (expected to be a midfield dynamo) is as selfish as they come and because of this hes probably will not pass as much. A bit of a lightweight if you discount his whiney bullying attitude and money probably in the region of 2-4million could easily be better spent even on player's in this league.

Sure Smith can run and run but what's the point ,so can most good footballers and he's missing the finesse and attributes that most good player's will have. Surely a terrible buy if true :(

Smith has always struck me as a very strong player and a real handful when playing up front with his back to goal but somewhat ordinary when facing the other way. Very similar type to Kevin Davies. If he's cheap then OK but I think his mega money days in Manchester and Newcastle will have dulled his desire somewhat. But the main issue is that the club have made a statement that we are not interested in any NUFC players so why is that statement being disregarded?

Smith has always struck me as a very strong player and a real handful when playing up front with his back to goal

Unfortunately he's been shooting that way for a few seasons now.

I still think he could be worth a shout, on the right deal.

Guest benmaxwell
I still think he could be worth a shout, on the right deal.

What's that? Sign him for free and having him give us £20k's a week to play him? :blink:

He is exactly the wrong sort of player for our club.

Smith was a good player at Leeds and at Man U. As a midfielder he's a destroyer and is, or was, very good at it. Very competitive and get's stuck into people with little respect for anyone. The only place I can see him playing at Ewood is just in front of the back four, where Tugay played.

Unfortunately he's a pillock, so should fit in fairly well.

What about this: Roberts and Smith to knacker the oppo defence. Then the EXCELLENT midfield we buy with the Satnav Cruise money, will barge through and score. Pacy wingers and gud passers in midfield could suggest such a thing? With Emana to burst through and shoot?

I'll get back to my dreams....or shud that be nightmares?

Im sorry i may have missed something but where on earth does it say that we're signing smith? yes some guy in Florida says so but beyond that? Seriously, people should take Nicko's info with a pinch of salt but to take this as any more than a rumour is reading a bit much into it. Of course it may happen but i'm going to wait until at least sky or the bbc pick up on it before i approve or disprove this signing.

Smith has never been the same player since the horrific injury he suffered at Man United. I was a big fan of his when he joined them, loved his tenacity on the pitch and commitment.

He isn't worth the sort of money we are talking about in both fee and wages, he's become an average striker and an average makeshift midfielder. There are better midfielders out there.

We need to stay well clear.

Not Rovers related but apparently Chelsea have offered £70m for Franky Ribery whilst at the same time, Man City have all but agreed a £32.5m fee for E'to.

If that last bit is correct then surely its the end of the RSC transfer bid.

God I hope we're not signing Smith. He has shown nothing at all for a long time now that makes him a desireable player. He's more like the Axe than anything else.

Would be nice to get Perotta, but that's gotta be a pipe dream! ARGH! I need movement or I'll go as crazy as (most of) the rest of you guys :)

Congratulations to little Miss Nixon, those design shows are high pressure! I was amused to note that her talent apparently didn't lend itself to the type of excessive naming that goes on, though! The other 4 entries were "farfaraway", "Modern Unity", "Kempt", and "Imperfect Indulgence", and she names it after herself :)

Edit: with the internet, it's all to easy to accidentally stalk!

Im sorry i may have missed something but where on earth does it say that we're signing smith? yes some guy in Florida says so but beyond that? Seriously, people should take Nicko's info with a pinch of salt but to take this as any more than a rumour is reading a bit much into it. Of course it may happen but i'm going to wait until at least sky or the bbc pick up on it before i approve or disprove this signing.

I don't think it's my story as I recall...

Have a nice day.

Guest benmaxwell
I don't think it's my story as I recall...

Have a nice day.

Is there any truth behind this Nicko.

Please say the whole Smith thing is garbage!

Archived