BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think things may start picking up pace in July when the players and management start coming back from holidays etc.

Nicko if you read this can you bring me some cheesecake back please.

I know i read on here somewhere, that before we let Derbs leave Sam would want somebody in 1st? Now if we have allowed Derbs to leave, does this mean we have signed a replacement?

It surely must be like that. Sad to see Matty leave, but 3 million pounds is decent money, especially considering the sell on percentages.

I take it Di Santo is one, and then there's the Mr. Y?

This summer isn't looking too bad- whether Santa leaves or not he'll have people around him (Roberts, McCarthy, Di Santo?) capable of scoring goals and creating chances. Now get us a midfielder!!

Guest benmaxwell

The deal for Derbs is £2.6 million with a 30% sell-on clause apparently...

Di Santo will hopefully be tying up his loan move early next week, with a second unamed striker signing later on a perminant deal.

Its funny how the manager of the club dictates the rate at which we get linked to players & the calibre of player! When Souness was in charge we were linked to everyone & targets were always leaked, under Hughes you never knew until the player was signed, with Ince we were linked with 3rd division players & nobody & it seems as though we are back to being linked with all sorts of players now!!

Does this come down to management trying to unsettle players, keep a tight lip or sheer inexperience?? It just seems funny how it works!

So you go out of your way to offend them, too? Nice work, no wonder this board has such a great reputation for being a welcoming and cohesive community.

Give it a rest now. Just mention who you would like Rovers to sign. Thats the whole point about this thread.

Anyway, im hoping there are strikers who are in the process of signing, or already signed and still to be announced. I wont be happy if Matty leaves and we dont have a replacement yet.

So you go out of your way to offend them, too? Nice work, no wonder this board has such a great reputation for being a welcoming and cohesive community.

Jeru - it's only LeChuck going off on one, he does it now and again. Don't worry about it. There are loads of people reading this thread at the moment and he's giving grief to an established poster who'll laugh it off, not a new chap / chapess.

Anyway - transfer topic. A shame Matt is going. Still not sure he was going to do it in the starting 11 but as we have seen on many occasions, a great sub. Newcastle away anyone? Is being an impact player good enough though? Will he develop? Time will tell - but the Greek League Scorchio Premiery?

In Sam we trust and all that. You have to let the manager make these decisions (including the Robbie Fowler ones I suppose - in which case you just buy some ear muffs to block out the alarm bells that start ringing) but I will add it looks cheap (but who else wanted him??).

Regardless, good luck Matt. All the best.

Alan Smith. I'll believe it when I see it. Just 'cause a poster put's someones name in bold, it doesn't mean that that rumour is true you know. I hope not anyway - not that I'm adding to the hysteria. Or maybe I have.

Elsewhere, Roque Santa Cruz will sign for Man City for a bag of balls and a completed Panini 1981 sticker book on Sunday at 10.30. I can't reveal a source, or a sauce, but I can claim to have next seasons fixtures in front of me (2010/11 season that is). Will that do?

The worst thing about this thread every transfer window is the people who bog it down with suggestions for transfer targets rather rumours they've heard. So "Is there any chance we could sign Marcus Berg?" (which is almost totally pointless since I don't think Sam is reading this looking for tips) becomes "nicko, any news on Marcus Berg?" becomes "have we at least watched Marcus Berg?", "why haven't we signed Berg yet?" and eventually ends up on fansfc/vitalfootball/goal.com/Setanta/wherever, at which point 100 more people start asking if it's true and getting upset when Nicko says he's heard nothing about it.

I don't mean to pick on the people talking about Berg more than any other suggestions in here, but I'd prefer it if we waited for a semi-reputable reporter to mention a name before asking about them every other page.

Rovers linked with Ivan De La Pena

33 years old, Tugay replacement or starting 11?

I thought he was a lot older than 33 but definitely in the Tugay mould. Used to be class at Barca but dissapeared after he got a big move to Italy. I'd love to see his class at Ewood. Creativty will be in abundance but has he got te engine for the prem?

If I knew how to post a link (not being a pc geek) then I could do. Read CFC and bluemoon sites.

Hey, I'm not a PC geek, I just know how to copy and paste. In fact, it was one of the first things I learnt to do on a PC when my family first bought one about 12 years ago. It's fair enough to be sceptical when somebody posts something as fact, without any substantiating evidence. You can't get uppety when they call you on it.

Otherwise, from what I've read here, De La Pena is in the Tugay mould. However, it seems strange to replace one ageing player with another. Does this guy still have the legs? Is he still near the top of his game?

Looks like Rothen Transfer is Hotting up as well...............Translated version.............

Alos very Intresting that this mornings LT dismissed the De la Pena Rumours but no talk on the Zidan transfer..........No news is good news in this case i think................

Blackburn continues to rothen

Published on 19/06/2009

Blackburn continues to Rothen

As we informed you of the recent interest from Blackburn for Jérôme Rothen, radio RMC us that the English club has entered into discussions with the leaders of Paris Saint-Germain.

The desire to Jérôme Rothen to leave the club in the capital is no longer a secret. The player under contract until June 2011, would be in the viewfinder of Blackburn, who offered him a three-year contract.

Although the amount of transfer should not be left outstanding for 31 years, no agreement has yet been reached between the leaders of the two clubs.

Other clubs are also interested in the business, the latest being the Espanyol Barcelona.

Archived