BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Looks like Rothen Transfer is Hotting up as well...............Translated version.............

Blackburn continues to rothen

Published on 19/06/2009

Blackburn continues to Rothen

As we informed you of the recent interest from Blackburn for Jérôme Rothen, radio RMC us that the English club has entered into discussions with the leaders of Paris Saint-Germain.

The desire to Jérôme Rothen to leave the club in the capital is no longer a secret. The player under contract until June 2011, would be in the viewfinder of Blackburn, who offered him a three-year contract.

Although the amount of transfer should not be left outstanding for 31 years, no agreement has yet been reached between the leaders of the two clubs.

Other clubs are also interested in the business, the latest being the Espanyol Barcelona.

I think it's vital that we don't ever leave the amount outstanding for 31 years. That's just bad business really.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Rothen Transfer is Hotting up as well...............Translated version.............

Alos very Intresting that this mornings LT dismissed the De la Pena Rumours but no talk on the Zidan transfer..........No news is good news in this case i think................

Blackburn continues to rothen

Published on 19/06/2009

Blackburn continues to Rothen

As we informed you of the recent interest from Blackburn for Jérôme Rothen, radio RMC us that the English club has entered into discussions with the leaders of Paris Saint-Germain.

The desire to Jérôme Rothen to leave the club in the capital is no longer a secret. The player under contract until June 2011, would be in the viewfinder of Blackburn, who offered him a three-year contract.

Although the amount of transfer should not be left outstanding for 31 years, no agreement has yet been reached between the leaders of the two clubs.

Other clubs are also interested in the business, the latest being the Espanyol Barcelona.

Where's this from? would like to read the original

we seemed to be linked a lot with espanyol at the moment- de la pena, steve finnan for example and they seemed to be looking at a lot of the players we are Di santo, Rothen again for example. Didn't someone describe Espanyol as the rovers of spain a while back or was that Athletic Bilbao? :huh:

Guest benmaxwell

Does anyone else agree that if Sam gets some decent money given to him by the board from the sales of Derbs, Cruz, Gally etc.. that he should buy some youth and pace. Everyone we are being linked to in the media (granted about 75% of it holds no basis in reality) are either passed it or not good enough. I would hate for Sam to waste the money he has on players with no potential sell-on value or potential to excite the crowd. Signing the likes of Alan Smith, Nicky Butt etc wont do this...

7 of our first teamers are either 30 this year (Dunn, Robbo, Grella & Emerton) or older (Nelsen - 31, Benni - 32, Roberts - 31)

Our frontline is looking particularly aged.

Rather than Sam?

Can't think of a manager who hasn't at some stage bought some real donkey's, even Sam. Look what happened at Newcastle when he had a decent amount to spend and not all his signings at Bolton were a success.

Eddie has seen this guy Rothen play often and if he feels he isn't worth the £3 million thats being talked about then fair enough he's entitled to his views.

Sam will buy who he wants to buy and we just have to except it. I just hope the press is linking us to players that Sam has previously managed before and there is no strong links to these players. Chimbonda, Smith and a few others being mentioned recently would be shocking signings.

Your kidding us right?

No.

According to all of Eddie's statements this Rothen is nothing to try to get in to the Rovers squad.

If he gets harassed at a pub for being linked with Rothen, that says it all really.

Probably he has also seen more of Rothen than Sam or his scouts.

Also he is 31 yrs old, and won't be bringing down the age. I thought that we were looking to buy young and promising instead of old and dusted.

I rather we go for Egypt's Beckham (Ahmed Al-Muhammadi) than the left-sided David Beckham (Rothen)

Guest benmaxwell
I rather we go for Egypt's Beckham (Ahmed Al-Muhammadi) than the left-sided David Beckham (Rothen)

I agree with you on that one. He has looked a very complete player for Egypt in the Confeds Cup...

Guest benmaxwell
He didnt play yesterday?

He did against Brazil though...

We should be seriously considering him and Shikabala...

Guest benmaxwell
So you're saying he looked good in one game then Ben.. not really a great way to judge a player is it.

Well i have seen them play other games then in the Confeds cup. But reason i have mentioned them in the Confeds cup is because i know Rovers have scouts there watching. Also Ahmed Al-Muhammadi has been scouted before by Rovers...

No.

According to all of Eddie's statements this Rothen is nothing to try to get in to the Rovers squad.

If he gets harassed at a pub for being linked with Rothen, that says it all really.

Probably he has also seen more of Rothen than Sam or his scouts.

Also he is 31 yrs old, and won't be bringing down the age. I thought that we were looking to buy young and promising instead of old and dusted.

Eddie may be knowledgeable regarding French football, but I think you should trust Sam's judgement over a poster on this board. Not to say Sam will get things right 100% of the time. But if he has watched him, or his scouts have, and think he can offer something then we should back his judgement.

We may not even go for him anyway - nothing official has been said by the club.

Unfortunately he's been shooting that way for a few seasons now.

I still think he could be worth a shout, on the right deal.

How many times must I say...

We need players who play.

We have a limited squad size and wage bill and can't be paying people to sit in the stands and be forced to bring in another body to fill in.

If they get injured they'll always get injured. If there injured a lot they're finished at 28.

How many times must I say...

We need players who play.

We have a limited squad size and wage bill and can't be paying people to sit in the stands and be forced to bring in another body to fill in.

If they get injured they'll always get injured. If there injured a lot they're finished at 28.

Exactly or else we will be doing like the healthdepartement in Norway. Paying 3 different people to fill in one position, because the other two are home with medical certificates. Not a very ecenomical way to run something.

Luis Garcia, no thanks. Didn't cut it in the premier league last time. has been struggling in Atletico Madrid? and won't offer us much, also as you 30 yrs old.

Imo - stay away.

I thought he was pretty decent for liverpool and despite his size scored quite a few with his head. If sam plays his 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation i think he could be a cracking little signing to just play off the front man.

I thought he was pretty decent for liverpool and despite his size scored quite a few with his head. If sam plays his 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation i think he could be a cracking little signing to just play off the front man.

It would remind me of Sams signing of Stelios for Bolton, and he turned out to be quite a good buy for them and interested the likes of Liverpool after a good season or two at the breezeblock.

My daughter used to be at the same nursery as Luis Garcia's little boy when he was at Liverpool and on the odd occassion he was there at the same time as me or my wife he was very friendly.

Not that that means we should sign him, but I do think he would be a decent signing for us, a lot of my Liverpool supporting friends were fans of him when he was at Anfield.

Archived