BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Luis Garcia, no thanks. Didn't cut it in the premier league last time. has been struggling in Atletico Madrid? and won't offer us much, also as you 30 yrs old.

Imo - stay away.

never, this is worse than signing smith which in itself is scraping the barrell..........try and find a clip of this fella retaining possession once in his anfield career, there are'nt any he instantly loses the ball every liverpool fan i know thought he was garbage and was convinced towards the end gerrard was'nt passing to him anymore..

very good teams can carry bad players..........we are an average team and this guy would stand out a mile as terrible, please just be lazy journalism.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Pauli take agressive stance with regard to Hoilett: http://www.setanta.com/UK/Articles/Footbal...ett/gnid-57601/

If he doesn't get his work permit, would it not be a better idea to loan him out to a team in Belgium?

He needs to play at level where he will get a cap, Belgium would take three years for a passport, if we're going to get the most out of him we need him to get a permit quicker than in three years.

Perhaps a promoted top flight german club? Dutch or low level french team somehwere he stands a chance and will get noticed by Canada's manager, perhaps a chat would reveal where he currently stands internationally under the Canadian boss. Surely if he's as good as people say they would want to aid his development as well?? and that means him getting a permit.

Wow that's lazy! We were linked to him under Ince, so we must still want him now! :blink: Oh and low and behold, another high wage earner in his 30's...

From the article: "Luis Garcia's agent claims a number of European clubs have expressed an interest in his client. "

That sounds more a "For Sale" notice from Garcia's Mr 15% than any concrete interest from any specific club

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Rovers are one of many clubs that have got accreditation for their scouts in the U-21 Euro Championship in Sweden at the moment. Obviously this is hardly breaking news anyway, as most clubs will scout these competitions.

Here's a list of some clubs: Ajax, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Barcelona, Blackburn, Bayern München, Bolton, Borussia Dortmund, Celtic, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Hamburg, Heerenveen, Inter, FC København, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Lyon, Porto, PSV Eindhoven, Glasgow Rangers, Rosenborg, Real Madrid, Tottenham, Udinese, Valencia.

Guest Wen Y Hu
Looks like Rothen Transfer is Hotting up as well...............Translated version.............

Alos very Intresting that this mornings LT dismissed the De la Pena Rumours but no talk on the Zidan transfer..........No news is good news in this case i think................

Blackburn continues to rothen

Published on 19/06/2009

Blackburn continues to Rothen

As we informed you of the recent interest from Blackburn for Jérôme Rothen, radio RMC us that the English club has entered into discussions with the leaders of Paris Saint-Germain.

The desire to Jérôme Rothen to leave the club in the capital is no longer a secret. The player under contract until June 2011, would be in the viewfinder of Blackburn, who offered him a three-year contract.

Although the amount of transfer should not be left outstanding for 31 years, no agreement has yet been reached between the leaders of the two clubs.

Other clubs are also interested in the business, the latest being the Espanyol Barcelona.

I'm just doing the Transfer Links thread update and was kind of hesitant to put this in without a link. It's certainly of interest. If anyone (unleaded?) could do the honours, that would be of help.

Here's my tentative edited version - although maybe gumboots or Eddie or someone could oblige with an accurate translation if the original surfaces...

"As reported previously regarding the recent interest from Blackburn in Jérôme Rothen, Radio RMC have informed us that the English club has entered into discussions with Paris Saint-Germain.

Jérôme Rothen's desire to leave the club in the capital is no longer a secret. Under contract until 2011, Blackburn have the player in their sights and have offered him a three-year contract.

However, the transfer fee for the 31-year-old has yet to be resolved, and no agreement has been reached between the chairmen of the two clubs.

Other clubs are also interested in doing a deal, the latest being Espanyol of Barcelona."

Guest benmaxwell
Totally disagree. Luis Garcia was excellent at Liverpool.

Luis Garcia is 31 in 5 days time. He is getting on, would require a high wage and one of his key selling points will become null and void soon with his legs going.

Isn't it a sad turn of events where we are unable to add to a already weak midfield, but Wigan have, and are already promising more.. Granted Wilson Palacios has funded this. We need to add to our midfield or we will struggle again next season.

We still need a RB, plenty for midfield and plenty for the frontline...

Luis Garcia is 31 in 5 days time. He is getting on, would require a high wage and one of his key selling points will become null and void soon with his legs going.

Isn't it a sad turn of events where we are unable to add to a already weak midfield, but Wigan have, and are already promising more.. Granted Wilson Palacios has funded this. We need to add to our midfield or we will struggle again next season.

We still need a RB, plenty for midfield and plenty for the frontline...

I totally agree, good post.

Guest benmaxwell

BREAKING NEWS ROVERS AGREE FEE TO SELL ROQUE TO MAN CITY - £18 MILLION!?!!?!?

Hope it's true, but the Derbs agreement of fee came out pretty quick on the Rovers site last night, but nothing has popped up about Roque on the site today?

HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS PEOPLE - THIS COULD GET BUMPY!

Guest Wen Y Hu
I've read that Celtic's Nakamura could be joining Espanyol. Do you think he's someone we should have on our radar? He's only 30, and has a wicked dead-ball delivery.

Just been on the late evening sports news here in Japan about their Golden Boy joining Espanyol. Interesting that we are linked with de la Pena, also of Espanyol. Contract reported to take effect next week on 22 June, according to Spanish source Sport.

Interesting also that he was supposed to be leaving Celtic to go back to his first love in Japan, Yokohama Marinos, to "repay" them. Super player with a beautifully cultured left foot - would have been nice to have had him down at Ewood.

BREAKING NEWS ROVERS AGREE FEE TO SELL ROQUE TO MAN CITY - £18 MILLION!?!!?!?

Hope it's true, but the Derbs agreement of fee came out pretty quick on the Rovers site last night, but nothing has popped up about Roque on the site today?

HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS PEOPLE - THIS COULD GET BUMPY!

Lets hope that Rovers get their £15m, which they would have got if we had been paid £20m (according to Nicko), and that the add ons relate to Roque's cut!!

He needs to play at level where he will get a cap, Belgium would take three years for a passport, if we're going to get the most out of him we need him to get a permit quicker than in three years.

Perhaps a promoted top flight german club? Dutch or low level french team somehwere he stands a chance and will get noticed by Canada's manager, perhaps a chat would reveal where he currently stands internationally under the Canadian boss. Surely if he's as good as people say they would want to aid his development as well?? and that means him getting a permit.

He has turned down the call to play for Canada, I'm not sure if he is waiting for a chance to play for Jamaica... there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding his career. I assumed Rovers would be able to get to the bottom of it with Big Sam at the helm, I hope Hoillet is wearing the blue and white next season (at least in the reserves).

Just been on the late evening sports news here in Japan about their Golden Boy joining Espanyol. Interesting that we are linked with de la Pena, also of Espanyol. Contract reported to take effect next week on 22 June, according to Spanish source Sport.

Interesting also that he was supposed to be leaving Celtic to go back to his first love in Japan, Yokohama Marinos, to "repay" them. Super player with a beautifully cultured left foot - would have been nice to have had him down at Ewood.

Saw Marinos play in Yokohama (nice stadium!). They could use him :)

Hi Nicko hope you had a good break and welcome back.

Is there any truth in the Luis Garcia links

Do you know what the actual fee we and what the add ons are likely to be for the Derbyshire deal

Please tell me there is no truth in the Butt and Smith stories?

Are we still loooking at Chimbomba

I know Sam watched Newcastle v Middelsborugh to take a look at Martins and Beye anything happening there.

De la Pena - any truth ?

I have heard we have scouts at the confederetion cup and the euro under 21's do you know if we are looking at anyone particular?

Aparently Sam is on Holiday do you know were he is and if he is pulling double duty and trying to sort out some deals?

Any more movement in the David Hoilett situaton?

Sorry for all the questions but the pretty much covers what has been going on while you have been away and save you having to reply to loads of diffrent posts, thanks for your time

Guest benmaxwell
Is there any truth in the Luis Garcia links - NO

Do you know what the actual fee we and what the add ons are likely to be for the Derbyshire deal - £2.6 MILLION WITH A 30% SELL ON CLAUSE WITH A POSSIBLE 400K'S APON A CERTAIN NUMBER OF GAMES

Please tell me there is no truth in the Butt and Smith stories? - THERE ISN'T

Are we still loooking at Chimbomba - YES

I know Sam watched Newcastle v Middelsborugh to take a look at Martins and Beye anything happening there - FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD AND JUST CHECKED, HE WASN'T WATCHING MARTINS OR BEYE, FROM WHAT I KNOW HE WAS WATCHING 3 BORO PLAYERS. ONE OF WHICH ISN'T A OPTION NOW WE HAVE GIVET TIED DOWN

De la Pena - any truth ? - HE IS ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING A NEW DEAL WITH ESPANYOL

I have heard we have scouts at the confederetion cup and the euro under 21's do you know if we are looking at anyone particular? - I KNOW WE HAVE HAD SCOUTS AT THE SWEDISH GAMES AT THE U21'S AND EGYPT GAMES AT THE CONFEDS

Any more movement in the David Hoilett situaton? FEEL FREE TO CHECK THE TOPIC I JUST CREATED

Sorry, hope Nicko doesn't see me as stepping on his toes, but i can answer a couple of those.

Sorry, hope Nicko doesn't see me as stepping on his toes, but i can answer a couple of those.

Cheers Ben I mentioned Martins and Beye because Big Sam told me personally after the Portsmouth game he was going to check them out but I am know that could have easily been a smokescreen. Which Middelsborough players was he looking at and is in still in for any of them?

Archived