BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Guest benmaxwell
We need to bid for Beye NOW, if we have the cash available.

I'm sure Morten will great him with open arms! :lol:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell

Nicko. Are you sure we aren't actively watching Marc Janko as Roque's replacement? I know for a fact that we had him watched earlier this month...

It's still too early to judge our summer and being linked with people in the press means nothing, but if we are seriously looking at Rothen, Smith and Luis Garcia (as well as a handful of others that we have been linked with) as a way to improve the club then it is worrying.

I'm happy to do the translation, I just don't know where to read the original text.

The delightful Sun today saying we missed out to the mighty Bolton for the signing of Sean Davis. Numerous articles have linked us with Davis summer, wonder if we were really in for him??

Going to be hard times ahead if we can't even get the likes of Davis in on a free, someone who at least has Prem experience.

The delightful Sun today saying we missed out to the mighty Bolton for the signing of Sean Davis. Numerous articles have linked us with Davis summer, wonder if we were really in for him??

Going to be hard times ahead if we can't even get the likes of Davis in on a free, someone who at least has Prem experience.

I think we should be looking at better than Davis, we are needing a bit more quality to open sides up!!

:D

Please, Miss. You forgot your punctuation. :P

I know, but I've spent so much time in the last few days checking reports for punctuation, spelling and typing errors that I decided I deserved a rest from such considerations. Normal service i.e. editing my own spelling mistakes when I spot them etc. will be resumed as soon as possible. :D

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it said that we will only sell Derbs IF we brought in 2 replacements 1st. This before the RSC sale. If this has been discussed already then apologies. RSC looks like being sold as well, and we left with only 2 recognised strikers. I hope the board gives Sam enough money to replace RSC with another quality striker.

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it said that we will only sell Derbs IF we brought in 2 replacements 1st. This before the RSC sale. If this has been discussed already then apologies. RSC looks like being sold as well, and we left with only 2 recognised strikers. I hope the board gives Sam enough money to replace RSC with another quality striker.

Perhaps they thought City would try to mess us around again this time and therefore they would have more time to be deciding on replacements. Then when City coughed up close enough to what we wanted early doors we just decided to grab it. thre's been all this talk of other strikers being looked at for City and perhaps the thoght that if they did get one of them their interest in RSC might wane was in the back of our board's thinking and therefore we've decided to grab what we can while we can and continue with our search for suitable strikers. I suspect we must at least have decided who we don't want/can't afford/ won't pay for and have a list of 3 or 4 possible/probable replacements. You never get all those you put bids in for and most of the bids are probably under the radar i.e. they never get beyond the "If you were interested in selling Q what kind of price would you be thinking of" stage.

Ill be happy with Crouch and maybe somebody like Zidan as 2 possible replacements. Zidan looks like he doesnt want to come, and not sure about Crouch. Jancko might be an option as well.

Money talks maybe? we could up our targets.

Guest benmaxwell
Ill be happy with Crouch and maybe somebody like Zidan as 2 possible replacements. Zidan looks like he doesnt want to come, and not sure about Crouch. Jancko might be an option as well.

I wouldn't be happy with Crouch. If were talking about Premier League strikers, i would be happy with Darren Bent.

He has been caught up in the freakshow that is Tottenham for a while now. Scored plenty in the last 12 months but was knocked out the squad as he wasn't a Harry signing.

I wouldn't be happy with Crouch. If were talking about Premier League strikers, i would be happy with Darren Bent.

He has been caught up in the freakshow that is Tottenham for a while now. Scored plenty in the last 12 months but was knocked out the squad as he wasn't a Harry signing.

He would give us some pace which we are sadly lacking and would be a good signing, however, with Di Santo, will they not be too similar players??

Guest benmaxwell
He would give us some pace which we are sadly lacking and would be a good signing, however, with Di Santo, will they not be too similar players??

Di Santo - 6ft 4 inches, gives us the height in the penalty box and Darren Bent (5ft 11) gives us the pace, and killer shot that is needed...

That would give us a frontline of Benni, Roberts, Bent, Di Santo and possibly a 5th...

Tryed to have a normal conversation with some of the Spurs fans in the office, and most of them really don't rate Bent at all.

Charlton fans would.

And Spurs fans probably don't rate Bentley, and he was brilliant for us.

I think Big Sam could get Bent firing again, because lets be honest, Spurs is NOT a good place to go if you want to develop your career.

Guest benmaxwell
Charlton fans would.

And Spurs fans probably don't rate Bentley, and he was brilliant for us.

I think Big Sam could get Bent firing again, because lets be honest, Spurs is NOT a good place to go if you want to develop your career.

If only we could get Bent, and Bentley on loan with a view. Would never happen, but if only... All our worries would be over!

Archived