BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Di Santo - 6ft 4 inches, gives us the height in the penalty box and Darren Bent (5ft 11) gives us the pace, and killer shot that is needed...

That would give us a frontline of Benni, Roberts, Bent, Di Santo and possibly a 5th...

I agree with your reasoning but will Di Santo have the physical attributes to win the balls in the air, thats my concern, I understand DiSanto is quick as well and we could hit teams on the break, so if we were to get someone like Bent, a good wide player and a playmaker in midfield, we wont be too far away!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlton fans would.

And Spurs fans probably don't rate Bentley, and he was brilliant for us.

I think Big Sam could get Bent firing again, because lets be honest, Spurs is NOT a good place to go if you want to develop your career.

Agreed, he looked a decent player in the making at Charlton. Just one of a long line of talents that Spurs have managed to ruin. Is there something in what they call water down there?

His first movement is away from the ball and in behind the defence, just what we need. Just watch any of Santa Cruz ,Roberts and McCarthy, normally their first movement is back towards the passer and deeper into midfield. One of the reasons we're easy to bottle up.

Agreed, he looked a decent player in the making at Charlton. Just one of a long line of talents that Spurs have managed to ruin. Is there something in what they call water down there?

His first movement is away from the ball and in behind the defence, just what we need. Just watch any of Santa Cruz ,Roberts and McCarthy, normally their first movement is back towards the passer and deeper into midfield. One of the reasons we're easy to bottle up.

He looked more than decent, he was scoring 20+ in a relegated side. He is a better option than what we have currently, and could fit into the Sam category of a player proving himself again! :rover:

Guest benmaxwell
He looked more than decent, he was scoring 20+ in a relegated side. He is a better option than what we have currently, and could fit into the Sam category of a player proving himself again! :rover:

Agreed. Could see him being a long-term replacement for Benni with his shot too.

I have got to say that Bent and Bentley are the two players I want to see at rovers next season the latter I know is very unlikely but we need to look at a player that could fill the void that was NOT filled last season

• Backroom

I'm just worried that we finally may go for Zigic who looks poor to me

I'd like to Roque cash to go on a Shikabala/Dembele type

My dream would be Santa Cruz as the target and the one falling towards midfield, and then a striker than is ALWAYS on the search to run behind the opponents defense. And I am talking about a striker who knows the offside rule.

Now that Santa Cruz is gone, I still think we need that run behind the defense striker, as we havent had one since the bellamy days. I think it is vital to have one when we are playing on the break, and lying deep waiting for our chances. McCarthy is for me the best option as a technical target man who is good at holding up the ball. As he has shown many times.

So, my wish: Spend 6-7-8 million pounds on a below age 27 striker who runs at defenses, doesnt even have to be lightning fast, just has to be on the line, looking to run behind and put the ball in the net.

Link this new striker up with McCarthy.

Spend the rest of the eventual transfer kitty on a REGULAR mc who can contribute in attack and shift in some goals. A la Lampard (ofc not the same quality) but a reliable MC who tends to go forward and do runs/shoot at goal. Also fitness is a DEMAND of BOTH the signings. No sicknotes. Tired of them

Any thoughts?

Guest Wen Y Hu
It's still too early to judge our summer and being linked with people in the press means nothing, but if we are seriously looking at Rothen, Smith and Luis Garcia (as well as a handful of others that we have been linked with) as a way to improve the club then it is worrying.

I'm happy to do the translation, I just don't know where to read the original text.

Thanks for the offer! Look forward to the translation if you manage to come up with the original report on Rothen. :)

More to the point, will Di Santo be allowed to join Rovers.

Posters should stop assuming it's a 'done deal'.

I get the feeling we will miss out on this young man and he will turn out to be terrific.

I know I may get some flak for saying this but why not Michael Owen?

I have just read his 32 page booklet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...nd-striker.html

The stats certainly support his cause and he has played an astonishing 77% of Newcastles game over the last two years (I thought it was a lot less!), on a free and paying him the same wage as RSC- £60K- £65, is this really a bad swap?

77% in the last 2 years, perhaps, but let's count his full spell at Newcastle. Wiki (I know, I know...) has him down to 71 games in 4 seasons at Newcastle... that'd be 47%, but that's probably league games only... Still really poor, mind. If we assume he's been on 100k all this time with no bonuses he's cost them approximately 315 000 PER GAME. Talk about a bad investment. :P Take my maths with a big pinch of salt, I'm hungover.

I wouldn't want us to sign Owen simply because he'd be our top earner and is extremely injury prone. No doubt would he improve our quality when he does play but I'd rather see us get someone who can play more often and someone who we'll be able to shift for some cash in 2-3 years...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_5390581,00.html

No clubs are mentioned, but Sky Sport thinks Rovers are one of the interesting clubs.

-Will only go if he gets an great offer, that means a lot of money...

Surely not something Rovers want? Or is it?

Think we chased him a couple seasons ago, before we got Roque. We was defintley rumoured to be after him, and one of their center backs.

a pacy striker with good movement is what i think we now need , considering the type of striker we have at the club , a player like andy johnson would complement what we have and give us a variation in attack , zigic and crouch dont fit that bill

Archived