BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Reading the condensed version of this thread, I expect Janko or Zigic to be Mr. Y. No idea how good Janko is, but I'd feel a bit let down if it was Zigic. He is a bit like a giant Heskey. He may have a good month where he scores loads, but labours about looking crap the rest of the season.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 13 goals in 19 games for Racing on loan I would think it has to be Zigic. Our scouts will have been impressed with his finish to the season.

If it is him we really do need to invest in someone with a very good cross, Bentley or similar. There is no point having a giant in the box and nobody with the skill to get the ball to him.

Guest benmaxwell
With 13 goals in 19 games for Racing on loan I would think it has to be Zigic. Our scouts will have been impressed with his finish to the season.

If it is him we really do need to invest in someone with a very good cross, Bentley or similar. There is no point having a giant in the box and nobody with the skill to get the ball to him.

The thing that bothers me about Zigic is he is 29 this year, and has a habit of going AWOL for seasons goal scoring wise, he'd cost something in the region of £7 million.

Janko is 26 this year, has a better goal scoring record and would be cheaper (£6 million). For this reason i'm really hoping it's Janko!

The "Three Club Rule" is also known as Nicko's Law: if a story names three or more clubs as being interested in one player, it's a load of bull - put about by the player's agent to make it known he's looking for a move.

Perfectly put.

The thing that bothers me about Zigic is he is 29 this year, and has a habit of going AWOL for seasons goal scoring wise, he'd cost something in the region of £7 million.

Janko is 26 this year, has a better goal scoring record and would be cheaper (£6 million). For this reason i'm really hoping it's Janko!

but which one is taller?

The "Three Club Rule" is also known as Nicko's Law: if a story names three or more clubs as being interested in one player, it's a load of bull - put about by the player's agent to make it known he's looking for a move.

So presumably the story about Glen Johnson is rubbish too then seeing as he's being linked with Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

So presumably the story about Glen Johnson is rubbish too then seeing as he's being linked with Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Well, Spurs is probably crap - but since Liverpool and Chelsea have been confirmed by Portsmouth as having bids accepted, that part is obviously true.

Think the Three Club Rule is meant for stories where it's the first time the player's name has come up.

Apparently, three clubs are interested in Tevez. Sorry, but I believe it.

Excellent news re. RSC. Fair play to Hughes for not leaving it to the last minute and/or JW/SA for not letting him. Good business. I would imagine things will happen fast, now.

Edit: just read above post. Failed to understand 3 club rule proper. My bad.

Yes.

He has met Liverpool and will sign for them...Chelsea also hanging around...nobody else in at price.

Peter crouch has quick feet for a big fella, holds the ball up well, scores a fair percentage of goals and his link up play is also good, however, he needs a quick lad to play off him,

that combination would be excellent for Rovers

Earlier than scheduled...knackered...doing it earlier also as a 'thanks' to the people who were nice to Little Miss Nicko...no questions please.

The striker Rovers want is Kevin Davies.

It's Big Sam's choice. He thinks he is the answer. He is Mister Y and Plan A.

Bolton won't be pleased and will ask for a lot. However as Sam is keen, then perhaps he knows that he has a good chance for some reason.

No doubt there will be a lot of dissent over this idea, but for what it's worth he is the best English player of his style - a big, honest target man.

It doesn't cut across Di Santo and suggests Sam may play with two up front - or that he could use Davies 'wide' in a 4-3-3 in the way Bolton often do.

Full story in People [hopefully]. Feel free to discuss and throw rotten fruit.

Guest benmaxwell
Why wouldn't you want Crouch??

His wages would cripple our wage structure seeing as he is currently on a big wage. Not to mention his asking price which would probably blow about 80% of our transfer budget.

I'm also not a 100% sure he would replicate his goalscoring form at Ewood either unless we spent on our midfield, and seeing as we would have no money left over to do that if we signed him, it is pretty self explanatory...

You and i should definetly get a Janko bandwagon on the go !!!! 6million is cheap though.

I'm thinking that the club might know a little more about Holliet situation than there letting know, perhaps he is coming back for sure.

Think about the "2 players in, before derbyshire goes.

Benni, Roberts, Di Santo(loan) for Height, Holiett for pace, new guy(Goalscorer). Thats a pretty good strike force assembled inexpensively.

We can then spend the majority of our budget on our non-existant centre midfield. Please buy Emana!!!

Under Hughes, I was always relatively calm. I was disappointed when we missed out on Mido, but then we got Bellamy. I was disappointed when we missed out on Gudjohnson, but then we got McCarthy. Hughes was a great manager, brilliant in the transfer market.

However, prices have sky rocketted, it is proving even harder to work on a tight budget in the Premier League and the club look even less prepared to back the manager than ever before. I still haven't forgotten the shambles that ensued from top to bottom last summer and the fact that we didn't replace Bentley or bring in enough quality / numbers in midfield. I can't help but feel worried.

So the same paper has adam johnson being a 2m target for Burnley. He'd be a fantastic signing for us. Rally put the pressure on Gamst to perform.

He's an Under 21 international and looks a real prospect.

£2m for Johnson is an absolute bargain, I like him a lot.

would they ###### get adam johnson for 2m :P he`d cost at least 6m if they`d even sell him in the first place. after downing goes i`d doubt highly that boro would let johnson go too.

some of these rumours are just plain stupid.

I can't see them selling Johnson either, especially not after Downing. However, Johnson has been clamouring for a move for two seasons now, even now that 'Boro have been relegated.

With Downing's injury and it being likely that he will stay at the club until Xmas, at least, Johnson's place in the first team still doesn't look assured, so you never know.

Archived