BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news tonight Nicko? :)

In the midst of all the fuss over Davies I did find out something quite revealing that suggests to me it has a chance of happening...but I will keep that under my hat just now.

Bolton are jumping up and down and talking about wild figures.

However it will be interesting to hear what the manager has to say on the subject - and possibly Davies himself.

The local paper won't know quite what to say on this one...but it may reveal the chairman's thoughts.

Rothen is as mentioned before although that may move on quickly when the manager gets back behind his desk.

Guest benmaxwell
Nicko, is it that we are the club that the Sheikh has become a major shareholder off. please tell me I'm true

Or Bolton, which is why they can sell Davies and replace him with someone more expensive... :(

Nicko, can you read my question in the Davies topic?

Or Bolton, which is why they can sell Davies and replace him with someone more expensive... :(

Nicko, can you read my question in the Davies topic?

A scary thought, our local neighbours with money :angry:

Another couple of possibilities - Liverpool and Everton - both desperate for money - both have interest shown in the them from mid-east in the past.

Nicko, is it that we are the club that the Sheikh has become a major shareholder off. please tell me I'm true

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8569679

The guy is wealthy and I am pretty sure he was linked with another club about a year ago. I think he was interested in Portsmouth when their troubles first emerged.

As I am not sure about how legit this Sulaiman guy is who is 'buying' it just now, then it makes me think the other Arab gent could be back in for Pompey.

Working on it right now.

Just been told it's NOT Portsmouth...and it might NOT be a Premier League club either.

Rothen is as mentioned before although that may move on quickly when the manager gets back behind his desk.

Can you say something about when the vacation ends for the manager and the players? For instance, if Galatasaray are signing Zurab but it won't be official until the player is back from Hawaii - it would be great to know when to expect the playertrading to start moving at full speed :rover: Cheers!

Can you say something about when the vacation ends for the manager and the players? For instance, if Galatasaray are signing Zurab but it won't be official until the player is back from Hawaii - it would be great to know when to expect the playertrading to start moving at full speed :rover: Cheers!

There are plenty of deals at various stages of completion all over...but it's the summer and there is no real focus until [a] everyone has their holidays and they start back in training. Both of these events are around the first week of July.

Is there any chance that its us Nicko, it best not be Newcastle, Burnley or Bolton

I think I know who it is...but I don't want to say until I'm sure.

But I would be pretty certain it's not Rovers or Burnley or Bolton.

Nicko, Rovers were linked with Matias Fernandez not so long ago.

Are we still interested in him or was it just a rumour?

It seems Sporting Lisbon is interested in him and are willing to spend €5 million on him.

There was interest under the previous manager, but I don't think it still exists with the present one.

If Fernandez is going to Sporting does that mean someone is leaving? Like Veloso or Moutinho?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8569679

The guy is wealthy and I am pretty sure he was linked with another club about a year ago. I think he was interested in Portsmouth when their troubles first emerged.

As I am not sure about how legit this Sulaiman guy is who is 'buying' it just now, then it makes me think the other Arab gent could be back in for Pompey.

Working on it right now.

Just been told it's NOT Portsmouth...and it might NOT be a Premier League club either.

http://www.mastersports.de/index.php?id=9

Could it be Stoke ?

Nicko, if you don't mind me asking why are the big clubs not up to much at the moment. Everything seems too quiet, especially with United losing Ronaldo and Tevez. I know it's not Rovers related but you don't seem to post in the other premier league happenings thread :D

Guest benmaxwell
Nicko, Rovers were linked with Matias Fernandez not so long ago.

Are we still interested in him or was it just a rumour?

It seems Sporting Lisbon is interested in him and are willing to spend €5 million on him.

Unfortunately, Fernandez doesn't fit into the 'almost retired' category...

I'm not happy about this if honest. Feel like Sam has gone back on his word. He said he was going to introduce some youth, pace and creativity to this team this summer, and he isn't doing this. In fact much the opposite with Derbs and Cruz going. Di Santo is only a loan, so doesn't count the long-term setup.

Feel kind of lied too if honest.

Nicko, if you don't mind me asking why are the big clubs not up to much at the moment. Everything seems too quiet, especially with United losing Ronaldo and Tevez. I know it's not Rovers related but you don't seem to post in the other premier league happenings thread :D

Very briefly...Man U want Valencia and still dream of Villa...Liverpool are skint and worried about losing players...Arsenal just bought one and will sell another...Chelsea would like to splash the cash but have forgotten how...and Man City are THE players in the market.

If Fernandez is going to Sporting does that mean someone is leaving? Like Veloso or Moutinho?

If they are going to sell, it will be Veloso.

He is the troublemaker and, in my opinion, over rated.

Btw, it seems Bolton might won the race for him, but for less money than mentioned before.

Moutinho is a big reference for Sporting.

Fernandez is coming to replace Romagnoli.

Very briefly...Man U want Valencia and still dream of Villa...Liverpool are skint and worried about losing players...Arsenal just bought one and will sell another...Chelsea would like to splash the cash but have forgotten how...and Man City are THE players in the market.

Gillette just sold the Montreal Canadians to Molson for about 550 million USD. Will be interesting to see how that changes the Liverpool situation.

Sense of perspective finally. Something distinctly lacking on this board at times. Mother of God, talk about overreaction. Davies is a top 10 Prem striker - proven. He may be the wrong side of 30, which is probably a good thing given that if he wasn't you could be sure his price would be way out of the Rovers reach. Several posters have demanded young strikers. Why? This strategy is an old but increasingly risky one. If young bucks succeed, within 18 months they want a move - Bentley was a classic. Or, they fail. And by definition there is a high possibility of that. Young 'risky' strikers, because of the loan rules, are the preserve of rich clubs who can afford to take on hugely unwieldy squads but with the potential to loan out at the first sign of disaffection (eg Di Santo).

What Rovers need now is stability. A period where everyone knows what is happening irrespective of who is in the team. Kevin Davies has probably 3 or 4 years at the top left in him, playing every week and allowing us to build a side behind and around him.

In the end Sam has made some massive decisions since Christmas and almost all of them have been the right ones.

Don't give me the aesthetic stuff.... bunking up with Hughes was not exactly chandelier, silk stockings and crotchless panties was it? More like missionary 1-0s and 'character' performances. Which is all fine, except don't shoot the chick who tells you like it's going to be rather than the one who winks and ultimately descends into Coronation St omnibuses. And anyway, Sam, so far, is a far far better ride.

Back him.

Great post.

I'm not in a position to write anything official here, but a bit more on the Arab 'buyer.'

Just checked back on some old notes and need to put something right.

It was Manchester City and NOT Portsmouth he tried to buy last August.

That potential deal was teed up by, among others, Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce and Dave Richards from the Premier League.

I believe Keith Harris is currently working on finding a buyer for a well-known club...OUTSIDE the Premier League.

You can join the dots, I don't want to do so in print yet.

I must admit that I haven't been on for a few days & didn't hear anything about any of our transfer dealings for the last couple of days. As we were getting towards the end of the week I had been quite optomistic about our targets & some of the players we have been linked with had got me fairly excited.

THIS HAS ALL GONE OUT OF THE WINDOW!!!

At the moment I feel we as Rovers fans have been spun a few lines to get us on board with the new regime & now we may be begining to see the immediate future for our beloved football club. I was happy with the Jerome Rothen situation, as he might just have been that older head & experienced player that we would be lacking in midfield now Tugay has gone. Then comes the story about Franco Di Santo, my opinion here, he was sold for £3m by his club (the same club that valued Villanueva at £5m) he has made a few substitute apperances for Chelsea but not scored any goals & when I had seen him play in these games, he never really did anything special. I fear that the kid may not make the step up into first team football in the premiership & as such can only be seen as a substitute, at least for the early part of the season.

Now here's the bombshell, WE ARE ACTIVELY LOOKING TO SIGN KEVIN DAVIES If this is to be believed we have sold a 27 year old Roque Santa Cruz (10 times the player Kevin Davies is, at least he is when he's fit), and one of our youngest first team players, Matty Derbishire has also gone, not to mention Aaron Mokoena, mid to late 20's. It now looks as though in the majority we are replacing these players with older more experienced ones, as opposed to 'a younger & more vibrant squad' (that was the line that was fed to us at the end of last season). I understand that as it goes we have signed Elrio Van Heerden & he's fairly young, but hes about as proven as Villanueva was last year & we can all see how that could possibly turn out, also considering his injury problems, I dont think he will have a massive impact, and according to an interview Sam Allardyce did when he signed him, he doesn't think he will have a big impact either!!!

I am officially worried about our situation, I for one, DO NOT WANT Kevin Davies & the more I think about it, the more I'm falling out with the idea of Jerome Rothen signing too. I have ordered my first ever season ticket this year & I have also bought my 3 year old daughter one too. I might be cancelling them if the money I plan to spend get spent by the club on Kevin Davies & Jerome Rothen. They are saying that Davies could end up costing £5m & Rothen could cost as much as £3m. Thats a combined £8m, and the thought of it is making me furious... I have gone from excited, optomistic and ultimately quite anxious for the season to start, to worried, hesitant & angry at how we as fans could be getting shafted, in terms of what we were expecting from the up coming season.

I'm going to go to bed & hopefully, I will wake up tomorrow & we will have signed Matias Fernandez, Pavel Pogrebnyak and possibly that kid from Barcelona... Leo Messi I think his name is!!! :lol: Either that, or these links are just a bit of a smoke screen to cover up some our other business & none of it comes off... PLEASE!!!

Guest benmaxwell

hi-jaq, quality post. Couldn't have put it better myself!

Michael Bradley had another brilliant game for the US earlier.

Archived