BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I don't understand:

4 years ago when we signed Bellamy, we played terrific football and had a genuine shout until late on of scraping into the top 4. At that time I wouldn't have p!ssed on Bolton's chips and not one person was on here saying, 'we really ought to be playing a bit more like Bolton'.

Since then, the Sky money has all but doubled and we have sold 3 players for 40 million before deductions, but now all we can hope for is to scrape into 16th place by playing exactly like Bolton....using their players of 4 years ago!

The quality of the league is vastly improved since the TV money came in... and we've still got pretty much the same players except they're now 4 years older.

That is why we must invest in our academy, if we were to invest £2,000,000 into the academy, even allowing for players to only reach Championship level we would have had the Gallagher, Derbyshire an Nolan money this year alone, not to mention the players who may make the first team!!

It really is the only way forward for a club like Rovers!!

Forgot about Fielding!!

Hadn't realised he had only 12 months left, 2M would be a snip for that boy.

SIGN HIM UP SAM!!!!!!

Watched Johnson running into dead ends for the under 21s the other night and doing very little to impress. I know he's only young and therefore still has the label"potential" but 2 million a snip. No it's not. It might represent better value for money than we have been linked with elsewhere, but a snip suggests we'd be getting a real bargain, and i don't know if we would.

Here's what I don't understand:

4 years ago when we signed Bellamy, we played terrific football and had a genuine shout until late on of scraping into the top 4. At that time I wouldn't have p!ssed on Bolton's chips and not one person was on here saying, 'we really ought to be playing a bit more like Bolton'.

Since then, the Sky money has all but doubled and we have sold 3 players for 40 million before deductions, but now all we can hope for is to scrape into 16th place by playing exactly like Bolton....using their players of 4 years ago!

Since then many clubs have been taken over with large injections of cash to boot. In the same time we've been in a state of being sold with no luck meaning no OTT investment from our owners whilst other clubs aree spending tens of millions.

It seems much easier now to whip people up into a frenzied collective than it's ever been.

HURRAH!! Power to the people!!!!! Let's have a revolution while the feeling is upon us. Get rid of of all those thieves that call themselves politicians. Send 'em to a gulag, and let 'em rot there for the rest of their natural days.!!

Ooops! what am I saying? See you Theno!......your always getting me at it. ;)

Stan Ternent famously said about Burnley fans "This lot have champagne tastes on beer money"

This mboard illustrates that his words are even more applicable this side of Accy. <_<

We've aquired the taste for champagne and those around us with similar means are still buying the stuff. It's a little tough to take - until someone cracks down on all the debt these clubs are wracking up it's difficult to console yourself that your club is being run like a business whilst others aren't.

If the rumours are true (and I've said all along that I know they are only rumours from a journalist who happens to contribute on here but who gets enough right for us to treat the rumours seriously) then younger and more vibrant are certainly not words you could use to describe the potential incomings. Anyway, back to the reports!

Every time I go to the dentist I worry. By the time I arrive I've had three root canals and a wisdom tooth pulled. 20 mins later I leave with nowt more than a scale and polish. Life's too short gumboots, stop worrying it may never happen. If it does, be gentle with me and hold back on the 'I told you so ...' :rover: Sams knows what he's doing. We'll have a better team next year no matter how it's made up.

Every time I go to the dentist I worry. By the time I arrive I've had three root canals and a wisdom tooth pulled. 20 mins later I leave with nowt more than a scale and polish. Life's too short gumboots, stop worrying it may never happen. If it does, be gentle with me and hold back on the 'I told you so ...' :rover: Sams knows what he's doing. We'll have a better team next year no matter how it's made up.

Good advice Timmy.

And with a little bit of luck the tooth fairy will find us a quality midfielder and a lad with pace to burn :D

Watched Johnson running into dead ends for the under 21s the other night and doing very little to impress. I know he's only young and therefore still has the label"potential" but 2 million a snip. No it's not. It might represent better value for money than we have been linked with elsewhere, but a snip suggests we'd be getting a real bargain, and i don't know if we would.

Fair do's, but I've seen him 3 times this year and he has got what it takes, 2M for an U21 england international is a bargain no matter how you look at it. Its not that long ago Madrid where watching him.

I'll put it like this, Treacy, Olsson or Johnson as Gamst's understudy???

Curiously Nicko,

Can you tell us where Sam would see Rothen playing, wide or in the middle???

What about matty? also you would have givet on the bench and civelli on the bench?? I would go more like

--------------Robinson--------------

Civelli-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Bentley-MBai-Bradly-Gamst

(^Diouf^) (^Warnock^)

---------Bent-----Di Santo---------

much better...... but bentley wouldnt come back so emerton would be right wing...

Curiously Nicko,

Can you tell us where Sam would see Rothen playing, wide or in the middle???

Not sure...maybe the left in the middle of a 4-3-3 or the left hand side of the middle in a 4-4-2.

Either way he doesn't have the legs to be an attacking left-sider, so probably a 'passer' in the middle.

Let's face it, apart from Tugay, you lacked that kind of ability to keep the ball last season.

Not sure...maybe the left in the middle of a 4-3-3 or the left hand side of the middle in a 4-4-2.

Either way he doesn't have the legs to be an attacking left-sider, so probably a 'passer' in the middle.

Let's face it, apart from Tugay, you lacked that kind of ability to keep the ball last season.

That last sentence is so true.

Its just he's famed for his crossing more than anything else, lets hope his passings as good.

Has Sam given you any clue as to how he wants to set out next year??? 433/442 or a combo as this season??

Cheers in advance.

That last sentence is so true.

Its just he's famed for his crossing more than anything else, lets hope his passings as good.

Has Sam given you any clue as to how he wants to set out next year??? 433/442 or a combo as this season??

Cheers in advance.

Sam ideally plays 4-3-3 that can become 4-5-1, but that can change. He used two up front quite a lot late last season.

So I think it would be fair to say he will be flexible next season.

Sam ideally plays 4-3-3 that can become 4-5-1, but that can change. He used two up front quite a lot late last season.

So I think it would be fair to say he will be flexible next season.

Been doing Pilates like Beckham has he?

Archived