BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Surely if Rothen is renowned for his crossing ability this is better than being renowned for his passing, this is because it looks likely that next season we will have a striker relying on crosses as their main outlet of goals (Di Santo) and three other strikers that use crosses as well.

Hope the shikabala news is true we need a bit more flair in the team.

Sam seriously needs to look at both the Egypt team and Adam Johnson for bargain buys with plenty of class hopefully this will be engineered, hopefully soon...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure...maybe the left in the middle of a 4-3-3 or the left hand side of the middle in a 4-4-2.

Either way he doesn't have the legs to be an attacking left-sider, so probably a 'passer' in the middle.

Let's face it, apart from Tugay, you lacked that kind of ability to keep the ball last season.

I'm afraid you are being contradictory here Nicko. At no stage will "keeping the ball" be part of our strategy under an Allardyce regime - with the possible exception of running down the clock at corner flags after "playing the ball into space" (i.e. hoofing it aimlessly as far up the pitch as possible). "Passers" have no role to play in our team. And no - before the inevitable, insane "DON'T-THINK-JUST-SUPPORT-THE-TEAM" brigade light up their torches - I'm not suggesting that we have to play football like Barcelona, Arsenal, or even West Brom - but we've GOT to demand better than the dross we'll be getting.

Recall the sight of Kevin Keegan on the touchline during his first game back at Newcastle frantically trying to get his players to keep the ball on the ground. A tragic visual representation of the poison Allardyce is responsible for injecting into clubs. He peddles a despicable, sickening, ill-spirited, brand of anti-football - a sickness that takes years to recover from. And - here's the thing - he seems to revel in this "style", to the extent he (still) openly states to all who would listen that he "should have gotten the England job". (Without question one of the most arrogant things I've ever seen.)

I cannot believe what has happened to our club. It's nothing short of shameful.

And I'm not sad about it - I'm f****** angry. :angry:

I've heard Shika rumours too, isn't he scheduled to join the players in pre-season training?

Are any other midfield/right sided midfielders or defenders being watched? Civelli?

Most of the names have been mentioned before...

The Egyptian Al-Muhammadi [or whatever] showed last night why he had been at Rovers and was over-looked. One-dimensional. Up-and-down runner and mediocre crosses.

I'm afraid you are being contradictory here Nicko. At no stage will "keeping the ball" be part of our strategy under an Allardyce regime - with the possible exception of running down the clock at corner flags after "playing the ball into space" (i.e. hoofing it aimlessly as far up the pitch as possible). "Passers" have no role to play in our team.

Sam played one way last season because it was needed. It was horrible at times and needed to be looked at.

You can't say has has not used footballers in the past...Campo, Hierro, Okocha, Djorkaeff immediately make a nonsense of that.

I was pleased to hear about the Rothen interest because it tells me the need for a 'calming' midfield player is being looked at.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8569679

The guy is wealthy and I am pretty sure he was linked with another club about a year ago. I think he was interested in Portsmouth when their troubles first emerged.

As I am not sure about how legit this Sulaiman guy is who is 'buying' it just now, then it makes me think the other Arab gent could be back in for Pompey.

Working on it right now.

Just been told it's NOT Portsmouth...and it might NOT be a Premier League club either.

Newcastle????? :rolleyes:

I was pleased to hear about the Rothen interest because it tells me the need for a 'calming' midfield player is being looked at.

According to someone in the game, who watched PSV around 8 times last season.

"Rothen never had true pace, so he has not really lost it, he is ok"

Played 4185 minutes of football last season, scored 4 times, with 12 assists, and started pretty much every p.s.g game.

What worries me is converting a winger into a Tugay type of player in 2 months, that's if we do get him??????.

According to someone in the game, who watched PSV around 8 times last season.

"Rothen never had true pace, so he has not really lost it, he is ok"

Played 4185 minutes of football last season, scored 4 times, with 12 assists, and started pretty much every p.s.g game.

What worries me is converting a winger into a Tugay type of player in 2 months, that's if we do get him??????.

Beckham looked pretty good spraying the ball around the other week, if you are an experienced player, you can do these things, not just the five yard side to side ball, some of beckhams crossfield balls were awesome, however, in his normal role, you give the ball to Becks and he will deliver a ball into the box, early balls which are difficult to defend against and diagonal ones which was the game plan under dalglish! Could Rothen do that from the left??

Beckham looked pretty good spraying the ball around the other week, if you are an experienced player, you can do these things, not just the five yard side to side ball, some of beckhams crossfield balls were awesome, however, in his normal role, you give the ball to Becks and he will deliver a ball into the box, early balls which are difficult to defend against and diagonal ones which was the game plan under dalglish! Could Rothen do that from the left??

Agree with your points, regarding Beckham.

Rothen made two appearances last season for PSV in the central MF role both in the UEFA cup, maybe we watched him play in that role.

Beckham is on another level to Rothen. Beckham now is a better player than Rothen ever was. Rothen never had pace, which is why he was similar to Beckham, but he isn't as talented and he doesn't have the work ethic. You know that if you put Beckham anywhere he'll at least run his socks, with Rothen that just isn't the case. He's considered soft by PSG fans and a player they will be happy to see the back of. I know you shouldn't judge everything based on fans, but I've spoken to plenty of PSG season ticket holders and not one has said anything close to "you're getting a good player".

Nicko,

Eidur Gudjonsen has been told he can leave barca..

Have you heard any noises that he could find himself at Ewood??

He has stated that he wants to play in the premiership..and FourFourTwo links him with us,WHU and Spurs..is this the. 3 club rule coming into play again?

Nicko,

Eidur Gudjonsen has been told he can leave barca.. HE IS STILL LOOKING FOR A BIG PAY DAY

Have you heard any noises that he could find himself at Ewood?? NONE SO FAR

He has stated that he wants to play in the premiership..and FourFourTwo links him with us,WHU and Spurs..is this the. 3 club rule coming into play again? NOT THE AGENT THREE-CLUB RULE, JUST A BORED YOUNG JOURNO FILLING A SPACE IN HIS MAG

Agree with your points, regarding Beckham.

Rothen made two appearances last season for PSV in the central MF role both in the UEFA cup, maybe we watched him play in that role.

I'm starting to get confused (it doesn't take much), but that is the second post in which you say you have watched Rothen playing for PSV. I thought he played for PSG?

I'm starting to get confused (it doesn't take much), but that is the second post in which you say you have watched Rothen playing for PSV. I thought he played for PSG?

PSV typo sorry, try sec savers to I said from someone within the game, I'm not.

The best I remember was the time when Dunn, Duff and jansen were here and jansen got his England callup. Then you really felt we were playing well and also winning.

Dunn, Duff and Jansen in the side that got relegated do you mean? ;)

The season in the Championship was decent, the one after was a bit of a struggle that perked up when Cole came...

Or have I missed one?

Who was the manager then? The much-maligned Souey. Interesting.

According to this: http://community.footballpools.com/blog/20...-midfield-star/ we are tracking Michael Bradley. Would be a great signing!

The whole of the Premier League watched Bradley when he was at Heerenveen.

None of them bought him.

Why is that?

Guest benmaxwell
The whole of the Premier League watched Bradley when he was at Heerenveen.

None of them bought him.

Why is that?

Do you know how to explain anything away without sarcasm? It gets very boring.

Lots of players of quality are watched and not signed at times. It's called scouting. Doesn't mean they are crap.

Capello scouted Davies and didn't pick him for the England squad. Or are you now going to agree with my earlier comment about him not being as good as you think? :rock::lol:

Do you know how to explain anything away without sarcasm? It gets very boring.

Lots of players of quality are watched and not signed at times. It's called scouting. Doesn't mean they are crap.

I will just stick to the realities of the game rather than plucking names out of the air.

Bradley was over-priced and, although pushed hard by his dad to at least two clubs, he was watched and left alone.

A couple of games in a bounce tournament is not a good way to judge players.

Can anyone remember - when Mark Hughes watched him - and he had a total stinker for the USA?

Guest benmaxwell
Can anyone remember - when Mark Hughes watched him - and he had a total stinker for the USA?

You mean the game vs England where he was played as a CDM? :rolleyes:

I will just stick to the realities of the game rather than plucking names out of the air.

Bradley was over-priced and, although pushed hard by his dad to at least two clubs, he was watched and left alone.

A couple of games in a bounce tournament is not a good way to judge players.

I have time for Bradley but the American that could solve all of our midfield and winger problems would be Sacha Kljestan.

Would be a terrific utility player and someone to take over on free kicks.

I will just stick to the realities of the game

.....hahahahahahahhahaahhahahaahahhahhahahhahahahaaahahhahaha...Like every goal against being a "disaster"?

Sorry to move away from these petty squabbles but I think you'll enjoy a story I heard today. It is perhaps the most amazingly stupid story i've ever heard in my life.

A friend of mine knows Mr Micky Owen. This is the truth. The following however, if true, I will give up being an athiest.

According to my friend, Mr Owen told him that he was hoping that Blackburn Rovers would contact his agent as he believes that a manager like Big Sam could get his career going again....

:unsure::rolleyes:

Sorry to move away from these petty squabbles but I think you'll enjoy a story I heard today. It is perhaps the most amazingly stupid story i've ever heard in my life.

A friend of mine knows Mr Micky Owen. This is the truth. The following however, if true, I will give up being an athiest.

According to my friend, Mr Owen told him that he was hoping that Blackburn Rovers would contact his agent as he believes that a manager like Big Sam could get his career going again....

:unsure::rolleyes:

You don't seem like a #. Interesting stuff.

Would be good PR, thats for sure.

Davies and Owen - would that work?

Archived