BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't seem like a #. Interesting stuff.

Would be good PR, thats for sure.

Davies and Owen - would that work?

I'm not a # but there is no promises that he isn't. He's pretty straight with me usually though. It seems like only Hull are geniunely (publically) interested though so maybe he's trying to spread some rumours to drum up PR for his mate. I really can't see it personally...This is football though so who knows..

Any ETA on Di Santo? Has Ancelotti arrived at Chelsea yet or what?

I understand that the lad goes on their American trip, Anceloitt will watch him train and possibly play in a game...and then a decision is made.

The high-ups want the boy to go out on loan, but they have to give Ancelotti the courtesy of having the final word.

I would take Davies if we signed Owen on a free. I know he isn't the player he once was but he would play very well off a big man (Heskey) and it is a world cup year.

It would also be a big name and would get bums on seats that's for certain.

That my friends, is a compromise :-)

I'm not a # but there is no promises that he isn't. He's pretty straight with me usually though. It seems like only Hull are geniunely (publically) interested though so maybe he's trying to spread some rumours to drum up PR for his mate. I really can't see it personally...This is football though so who knows..

Absolutely - wont hold it against you if there's nothing in it.

With Sam it would not surprise me in the slightest.

• Backroom

With all due respect there is a world of difference between Micahel Owen in the worst form of his career and Matt Derbyshire, I'm starting to think owen wouldn't have been a bad shout, his high wages could be offset by the lack of up front fee

I don't fancy Owen at this stage in his career. He's had too many injuries and his pace isn't what it was. We may as well have kept Derbyshire if we're going to play with a goal poacher.

im a big owen fan of yester years,bringing him in now though is madness,plus imo it wont happen anyway. :unsure:

the problem with owen is that nobody really trusts him to stay injury free for the period of time he needs to get his sharpness back , he'll never get his pace back , and his wages are way out of our league , but i read hull were offering 40k a week + 20k per game and 10k per goal, which on the face of it , looks a good deal all round , until he plays 2 games in a week and scores 3 goals!!

btw he would be a good partner for di santo to learn from also.....maybe chelsea would chip in with a few quid for owens wages if they thought long term it would better one of their own players <_<

the problem with owen is that nobody really trusts him to stay injury free for the period of time he needs to get his sharpness back , he'll never get his pace back , and his wages are way out of our league , but i read hull were offering 40k a week + 20k per game and 10k per goal, which on the face of it , looks a good deal all round , until he plays 2 games in a week and scores 3 goals!!

btw he would be a good partner for di santo to learn from also.....maybe chelsea would chip in with a few quid for owens wages if they thought long term it would better one of their own players <_<

They aren't a charity you know and they are supposed to be working on being independent of Abramovich's money sooner rather than later.

F***ing hell the last 2 pages of this thread are a sad indictment of fickle football fans and short term memories. We have people who have already decided our football will be sh*t next year; people who have decided that our signings will be sh*t next year, unless of course they are their pet Football Manager signings or random European names plucked out of God knows where, in which case the professionals don't deserve their extravagant wages for not realising it; people who have already given up on beating the dingles and people who spend ages nagging for news over and over and over again, then going off on one big time when they don't like it. FFS. :angry2:

Rant over, carry on.

nicko, any idea if Big Sam would be interested in Owen?

I mean knowing the type of manager Sam is, I am surprised he isnt looking at Owen, who realistically at 29 still has something to offer and if fit can score 15 goals a season. His statement shows me he is hungry and wants to prove people wrong. He never was world class despite what some people in this country wanted to believe, but he definitely was a good goalscorer irrespective of the pace, which is now long-gone.

nicko, any idea if Big Sam would be interested in Owen?

I mean knowing the type of manager Sam is, I am surprised he isnt looking at Owen, who realistically at 29 still has something to offer and if fit can score 15 goals a season. His statement shows me he is hungry and wants to prove people wrong. He never was world class despite what some people in this country wanted to believe, but he definitely was a good goalscorer irrespective of the pace, which is now long-gone.

I doubt it. He was his manager at Newcastle United, saw the signs and left him out which at the time was both brave and visionary.

He is not at the top of the wanted list just now, but you never know.

As it stands Owen wants around £55,000-a-week. He could get slightly less at Everton and is hoping for Aston Villa.

I don't see that one happening with Rovers.

I doubt it. He was his manager at Newcastle United, saw the signs and left him out which at the time was both brave and visionary.

He is not at the top of the wanted list just now, but you never know.

As it stands Owen wants around £55,000-a-week. He could get slightly less at Everton and is hoping for Aston Villa.

Lets not praise Sam for something he didn't do. He played Owen whenever he was fit. At no time was Owen not selected when he was fully fit and when he came back from injury, he was put back into the team almost immediately.

Nothing visionary or brave at all going on there.

I listen to people on here, sometimes decent opinions about players but it appears as though they dont get the full picture.

Whoever the player is, they must fit into the style of play Sam wants to play.

A little about strikers here, if we put the ball in the right areas quickly we already have one of the best in Benni, he attacks space, look at how he latched on to one or two of Tugs through balls last year, give him the supply and Benni will score, thats his game ad anything Owen can do I firmly believe Benni can also do!!

Now with Di Santo and Roberts, it does give us a few options up front and we have (assuming Davies arrives) four strikers

I think the lad Hoilet could play a part to if sorted with a work permit along with Van Heerden.

So, we have spent say £5,000,000 on Davis- bugger all else, so the money from Santa Cruz and Derbs should give Sam another at least £7,000,000 plus any money recieved from people like Zurab and Gally!!

Thats £7 or £8,000,000 one or two decent signings there for midfield!!

Taken from Wiki about Jurado:

Able to play as an attacking midfielder or on the left wing, he generally enjoys just sitting behind a sole striker. He possesses good playmaking and dribbling skills and has a very effective shot off the dribble.

Sounds like something we could need behind Davies ;)

Nicko,

Have you heard anything about Rovers being in for Jurado of Mallorca?

A 'mate' told him that Sam was looking at him as a Tugay replacement.

Cheers,

I know they watched Mallorca a couple of times towards the end of the season. Is that the same Jurado who was at Atletico Madrid? If so he looked a worldie but then went off the boil.

Could be right, although I think I saw him linked with someone else today...might have been Villa.

I know they watched Mallorca a couple of times towards the end of the season. Is that the same Jurado who was at Atletico Madrid? If so he looked a worldie but then went off the boil.

Could be right, although I think I saw him linked with someone else today...might have been Villa.

Arent Mallorca owned by an englishman?

he can hope all he wants, I cant see Villa going in for him - too much of a gamble for The Ditherer Id think.

Archived