BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I know they watched Mallorca a couple of times towards the end of the season. Is that the same Jurado who was at Atletico Madrid? If so he looked a worldie but then went off the boil.

Could be right, although I think I saw him linked with someone else today...might have been Villa.

He is still an Atletico Madrid player, was on loan at Mallorca.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know they watched Mallorca a couple of times towards the end of the season. Is that the same Jurado who was at Atletico Madrid? If so he looked a worldie but then went off the boil.

Could be right, although I think I saw him linked with someone else today...might have been Villa.

Just been told that he was on loan at Mallorca last season from Atletico. But now back at Atletico. So yeah same guy

he can hope all he wants, I cant see Villa going in for him - too much of a gamble for The Ditherer Id think.

I agree.

Just been told that he was on loan at Mallorca last season from Atletico. But now back at Atletico. So yeah same guy

One to watch then, but I am not sure an out-and-out left winger is on the agenda. However there is a few bob kicking about now, so that picture may change.

BY THE WAY IS THAT EWOOD AND I WOULD JOKER STILL WANTING TO GIVE ME GRIEF ABOUT GLEN JOHNSON JOINING LIVERPOOL - AND THE CHELSEA/TOTTENHAM STUFF BEING TRIPE?

JUST WONDERED.

nicko how come you are quick to dismiss any talk of Owen but Jurado who there is nothing in it for us to be linked with, you havent dismissed out of hand?

Owen has been available for some time and Rovers have done nothing about it.

Jurado is total news to me, but I wouldn't dismiss it because of the fact that Rovers scouts HAVE been at Mallorca games...I couldn't figure out why at the time, but it could well be they were watching this guy. I will want to know more before I take it seriously though.

Owen has been available for some time and Rovers have done nothing about it.

Jurado is total news to me, but I wouldn't dismiss it because of the fact that Rovers scouts HAVE been at Mallorca games...I couldn't figure out why at the time, but it could well be they were watching this guy. I will want to know more before I take it seriously though.

My fault sorry! All I was told by a 'friend' was Rovers were interested in Jurado for £6m if they sold Santa Cruz. My friend is usually well informed but mostly with Everton but he had also got this snippet on Rovers.

He played as a central attacking midfielder last season.

Just wanted to run it past Nicko to see if he had heard anything as well!

Jurado could be very much worth a punt, I don't think he really figures in Atletico's plans at the moment. It can be hard for spanish players here, though, especially in central midfield. If the money's there it's a signing I would be happy with.

I heard that Owen and Sam didn't get on very well at Newcastle - if that's true then I'd be surprised if he came here. He's a very big gamble anyway, if you're making that kind of gamble Van Nistlerooy has to be top of the list. (Yes he's three years older-ish but he is one of the best goalscorers in the world)

Guest benmaxwell

What about Jo on loan with a view to signing him? I would be okay with that, and he looks like the ideal player to partner Di Santo if he comes?

What about Jo on loan with a view to signing him? I would be okay with that, and he looks like the ideal player to partner Di Santo if he comes?

I thought Everton had dibs on him? His goals to game ratio was great for CSKA but he looked utterly, utterly rubbish for City - albeit slightly better for Everton

I will just stick to the realities of the game rather than plucking names out of the air.

Bradley was over-priced and, although pushed hard by his dad to at least two clubs, he was watched and left alone.

A couple of games in a bounce tournament is not a good way to judge players.

Can anyone remember - when Mark Hughes watched him - and he had a total stinker for the USA?

Bradley did play awful the game that Hughes watched. I remember thinking that he would never make it in Europe. Like you said "A couple of games in a bounce tournament is not a good way to judge players." Neither is judging him based on 1 bad performance.

I was one of Bradley's biggest detractors for a while, but he has really come on as a player. He had a very good year for a bad team (Monchengladbach) in the Bundesliga. He scored a late goal to draw with Bayern.

He has really improved and getting forward and is one of the few US players that moves well off the ball. He would walk into the Rovers 1st 11 right now. I think there are only 5-6 outfield players from the US capable of playing in the EPL, but of that bunch Bradley would easily be my first choice.

The LET didn't know who Di Santo was until they read it in the People...

Keep it real.

The move has NOT moved on from the details outlined last weekend.

It is a feeble attempt by the club to take people's mind off the Dreaded Davies.

Hilarious.

of course they know! the telegraph are in cahoots with the club and don`t break stories until the move is done and dusted. tabloid fellas like yourself are the ones that let the cat out of the bag earlier than clubs would like(i know you didn`t about di santo, for all it`s worth imo as i don`t want him anyway). that`s why it`s my belief you guys are being thrown a few red herrings to put you off the scent, that`s what the davies story was. i reckon after all this while the club has it`s business for the summer already set up and they have just been waiting for the santa cruz deal to go through to seal them. it`ll likely be players we haven`t nesseserily been linked with.

of course they know! the telegraph are in cahoots with the club and don`t break stories until the move is done and dusted. tabloid fellas like yourself are the ones that let the cat out of the bag earlier than clubs would like(i know you didn`t about di santo, for all it`s worth imo as i don`t want him anyway). that`s why it`s my belief you guys are being thrown a few red herrings to put you off the scent, that`s what the davies story was. i reckon after all this while the club has it`s business for the summer already set up and they have just been waiting for the santa cruz deal to go through to seal them. it`ll likely be players we haven`t nesseserily been linked with.

Would you rather having a nodding dog or a real one?

I thought Bradley did OK last night but Egypt were a shambles after they went behind. Many clubs from England watched him often - not just when he had the stinker - and decided against.

Fair point, but he was 20 years old. I think he'll be playing in England with in the next 2 years. From what I've seen, most American players seem to develop a bit later than Europeans. We don't have a good system in place to develop young kids. For all the knocks the academy system takes, it is much better than what we have.

Thanks Nicko. I really appreciate the insight you provide.

I thought Bradley did OK last night but Egypt were a shambles after they went behind. Many clubs from England watched him often - not just when he had the stinker - and decided against.

Didn't a lot of English clubs take a look at Benni before Hughes finally took a punt, or was that all down to the asking price?

Felipe Caicedo anyone? Big, strong, powerful and only 20 years old- most importantly he is available for around £5 million.

Struggles with the offside law, but not bad. However Rovers can't fancy him as they didn't ask for him in the Roque deal.

• Backroom
Felipe Caicedo anyone? Big, strong, powerful and only 20 years old- most importantly he is available for around £5 million.

I think if he was a target then something would have been done today with the roque move.

Archived