BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Didn't a lot of English clubs take a look at Benni before Hughes finally took a punt, or was that all down to the asking price?

Loads tried, there were work permit problems, then fee problems, then his personal demands.

rovers going for Crouch or not now Nicko?

Not now...too dear and he didn't fancy it in January.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loads tried, there were work permit problems, then fee problems, then his personal demands.

Not now...too dear and he didn't fancy it in January.

Nicko, don't like to see people bombarding you with questions so usually refrain from doing so. But just wondered if there was any news on the young French midfielder we were supposed to be looking at? The one with his picture at the start of this thread. Nzonzi?

Nicko, don't like to see people bombarding you with questions so usually refrain from doing so. But just wondered if there was any news on the young French midfielder we were supposed to be looking at? The one with his picture at the start of this thread. Nzonzi?

I haven't heard too much on him...seems a bit young and untried for a key part of the team. You would hope there would be a decent name being signed for that department now that there is cash about.

I haven't heard too much on him...seems a bit young and untried for a key part of the team. You would hope there would be a decent name being signed for that department now that there is cash about.

I think you must be thinking about a different club!

Bradley did play awful the game that Hughes watched. I remember thinking that he would never make it in Europe. Like you said "A couple of games in a bounce tournament is not a good way to judge players." Neither is judging him based on 1 bad performance.

I was one of Bradley's biggest detractors for a while, but he has really come on as a player. He had a very good year for a bad team (Monchengladbach) in the Bundesliga. He scored a late goal to draw with Bayern.

He has really improved and getting forward and is one of the few US players that moves well off the ball. He would walk into the Rovers 1st 11 right now. I think there are only 5-6 outfield players from the US capable of playing in the EPL, but of that bunch Bradley would easily be my first choice.

He'd be my second behind Donovan.

Haven't been a huge fan of his at times, but I think he'd do well with a non-Big 4 club.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Guillaume Hoarau at PSG would do a good job I think.

Think I just red somewhere that Lyon are looking if they lose Benzema but I can't remember if that was in the French euorosport stuff or some transfer rumours over here.

A player I wouldn't mind seeing at Rovers would be ex-Portsmouth and current Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes. An excellent passer of the ball, a bit similar to how Tugay played.

Nicko, what do you think of Portuguese striker Hugo Almeida? Big strong striker, linked to Everton in the transfer window and rumoured to want to come to the Premier League. Would he be a good alternative to Davies?

So we're pocketing around 20 million for RSC and Derbs and yet it will only be good business if the board back our manager for once. This is a chance to bring in a top class striker (and a loan), a pacy winger and a ball-playing central midfielder. There's no doubt in my mind though that Big Sam will be very fortunate to get half of the figure that we've just raised. Ah well.

Think I just red somewhere that Lyon are looking if they lose Benzema but I can't remember if that was in the French euorosport stuff or some transfer rumours over here.

He looks pretty handy.

As for those mentioning Rothen...I'm not too sure. He looked off the pace last season. A shadow of himself...Reminds me a bit of David Dunn.

hi all,

am looking at the situation now if we look Man City now have RSC, Bellamy, Robinho, Sturridge, Caicedo, Evans, Jo, Vassell, Benjani, Bojinov that's 10 strikers on their books. That would tell me at least 5 strikers must leave as they won't be all happy, and possibly Tevez & Eto to come that would make it 12. I would say RSC, Bellers, Robinho, Caicedo & Vassell would be safe. I say Vassell cause I can't think of anyone who would want him, now we know Sturridge will go to Chelski some much dosh are only daft ones to pay his wages. Evans will probably be sold to a championship club,so that leaves Jo, Benjani, Bojinov now I am surprised SA did not take one of those as part of the RSC deal. Now would have been the perfect time to strike Jo would be an excellent signing especially as Everton has diddled about signing him Benjani could be worth a punt experienced good striker scores a lot even Bojinov would be a good shout scores goals but would prefer Jo as he has been excellent on loan at the toffee's these are definitely players we should at least be looking at. Even trying to tie up a deal.

Nicko, what do you think of Portuguese striker Hugo Almeida? Big strong striker, linked to Everton in the transfer window and rumoured to want to come to the Premier League. Would he be a good alternative to Davies?

I've not seen enough of him, but I believe he is one who has been watched over the past season. To be fair to the tontos they have been all over Europe because they reckon that is where the value lies...but the manager is a big fan of Davies and will take a bit of budging I feel.

So we're pocketing around 20 million for RSC and Derbs and yet it will only be good business if the board back our manager for once. This is a chance to bring in a top class striker (and a loan), a pacy winger and a ball-playing central midfielder. There's no doubt in my mind though that Big Sam will be very fortunate to get half of the figure that we've just raised. Ah well.

Probably about right after we cover the trading loss for last season.

But people forget about that and accuse the trust of pocketing the cash - only, well, there isnt any cash.

benjani is utter useless..id prefer samba played upfront all season then having him, and that is saying something...

vassell for a free with low wages could be something-depth to the side, plus he can play on the wing..but im sure allardyce can find better abroad...

Then we will have to rely on there being three worse teams than us again. The day when all the teams around us spend some decent money and spend it wisely is the day we will go down, we just can't compete if they get it right.

hi all,

am looking at the situation now if we look Man City now have RSC, Bellamy, Robinho, Sturridge, Caicedo, Evans, Jo, Vassell, Benjani, Bojinov that's 10 strikers on their books. That would tell me at least 5 strikers must leave as they won't be all happy, and possibly Tevez & Eto to come that would make it 12. I would say RSC, Bellers, Robinho, Caicedo & Vassell would be safe. I say Vassell cause I can't think of anyone who would want him, now we know Sturridge will go to Chelski some much dosh are only daft ones to pay his wages. Evans will probably be sold to a championship club,so that leaves Jo, Benjani, Bojinov now I am surprised SA did not take one of those as part of the RSC deal. Now would have been the perfect time to strike Jo would be an excellent signing especially as Everton has diddled about signing him Benjani could be worth a punt experienced good striker scores a lot even Bojinov would be a good shout scores goals but would prefer Jo as he has been excellent on loan at the toffee's these are definitely players we should at least be looking at. Even trying to tie up a deal.

Hughes: "Mmm, we really need to get into the top 6 next year".

Arab: "Me know, we buy all player in premier league and sit them on bench. Bingo".

A player I wouldn't mind seeing at Rovers would be ex-Portsmouth and current Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes. An excellent passer of the ball, a bit similar to how Tugay played.

I love Pedro Mendes, quality footballer, good ball retention and can get forward too but would he fit into Sams system?/

I think he would, he scored quite a few at Pompy!! but would he be available nd what would the cost be??

was it one of the ex Newcastle directors interested in taking over them

Freddy Shepherd made a bid to buy it but was knocked back.

3 parties bid at the same time and I think an english bloke had an offer accepted but the deal never completed?

Freddy Shepherd made a bid to buy it but was knocked back.

3 parties bid at the same time and I think an english bloke had an offer accepted but the deal never completed?

Wasnt that the hoax bid made by a Sunderland fan?

Archived