BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the £13,000,000 include wages???

I would guess so - that's how it seems to have worked in the past. I don't remember Rovers ever spending the reported available amount on transfer fees.

I would be surprised if we spent more than £8m in total transfer fees, maybe even less.

This morning's Lancashire Telegraph reports that Sam will have £13 million from the RSC and Derbyshire sales, he is going to use this to sign 2 players.

Only two? I thought we would be going for more like 4? We need a CM, 2 Strikers (although it may not count one as it is Di Santo...), Right back. Maybe a right midfield as well?

We should have money for Civelli at right back and a cheap midfield option (Rothen?), and then spend the 13 million pounds on a midfielder and a striker. Di Santo, (new striker), Roberts and McCarthy should be sufficient up front, the most desperate need is in midfield, where we've been struggling since Savage stopped running and since Bentley left - the central midfield is gone and the quality wingers are too.

This morning's Lancashire Telegraph reports that Sam will have £13 million from the RSC and Derbyshire sales, he is going to use this to sign 2 players.

Did it say whether that is contract remuneration and transfer fee combined or just transfer fee?

Nicko: So we're not after any championship player? I thought Allardyce was an admirer of Stephen Hunt and Kevin Doyle IS a goalscorer.

Is there ANY chance we could get Owen? Does he still got it?

I don't think any of those three are on the radar. Hunt is not as effective as MGP for a start...Doyle was good when he was in The Professionals and Little Micky is an expensive spent force.

Nicko, is there news on any midfielders we are looking at other than Rothen? Whats the deal with Michael Johnson at City? Still injured? Could be perfect as a box to box midfielder for us and would probably be available as well.

Sorry if someone has already asked this question.

Hi Nicko,

Have you heard anything about Joe Cole looking for at move?

Cheers,

David

What? Is he fed up with his new missus already? ;)

Yes...I could see him leave because he may struggle for a game - and it is leading up to World Cup time. However Ancelotti may fancy him as a player.

Nicko, is there news on any midfielders we are looking at other than Rothen? Whats the deal with Michael Johnson at City? Still injured? Could be perfect as a box to box midfielder for us and would probably be available as well.

Sorry if someone has already asked this question.

Michael Johnson is a pretty sad story which I would rather not go into here.

Nicko: Will we sign Rothen? I watched some videos lately and he looks like a speedy and younger Tugay with great passing ability. He's got long hair too :) I think Allardyce can get out much of Rothen.

Watch this goal

What? Is he fed up with his new missus already? ;)

Yes...I could see him leave because he may struggle for a game - and it is leading up to World Cup time. However Ancelotti may fancy him as a player.

Joe Cole? He's a top four player and Englands most creative midfielder to boot imo........ He wouldn't even consider us. London boy as well. If Wenger loses Fabregas he's a natural replacement.

Nicko: Will we sign Rothen? I watched some videos lately and he looks like a speedy and younger Tugay with great passing ability. He's got long hair too :) I think Allardyce can get out much of Rothen.

Watch this goal

Rothen should be sorted out one way or another soon. The manager wants to get that one done and it is relatively cheap. However the player needs to know what is on offer at this end and what he has to do to cancel his contract at the other. These kind of things can take time, but I would be optimistic about that one.

Joe Cole? He's a top four player and Englands most creative midfielder to boot imo........ He wouldn't even consider us. London boy as well. If Wenger loses Fabregas he's a natural replacement.

I would say Cole and Fabregas are very different players personally...

£13m could bring in two real quality players. I hope the money is used wisely, because I cannot see us having this much to throw around again for quite some time.

Very true! I dont like being a selling club but this money should be invested in our next £18million player!!! If its spent on Davies & Rothen we can forget about having any money in the future!!!

Archived