BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belhadj is a good winger yet he coped with him well

If I was an opposing manager and saw the teamsheet with Keith Andrews at full back, I know exaxctly what I would be telling my players to do and be rubbing my hands with glee!!

I can understand the sense in buying proven Premiership players, but also the point of view that we should be buying exciting young talent with a decent resale value.

How about Marko Arnautovic of Twente? He was being touted as a decent prospect not so long ago.

I can understand the sense in buying proven Premiership players, but also the point of view that we should be buying exciting young talent with a decent resale value.

How about Marko Arnautovic of Twente? He was being touted as a decent prospect not so long ago.

Inter, Chelsea 14m euro, nice thought.

Arnautovic was watched, but he is being pushed for a move to Inter Milan.

Might be one to see develop in the coming weeks...but you could have a long wait.

Known as I am at having a poke at the Trustees from time to time I hasten to point out that this is a genuine question and not a backhand at the money people. Question ---> Santa Cruz 18m + Derbs 3m - losses from last year 8m = 13m. BRFC transfer pot is 13m according to the LET. What were the trust going to make available this year for our tranfer budget? On these figures its zero.

Nicko, and I know it sounds like a set-up question but again it's not, are there many other EPL clubs whose owners are inputting a zero transfer pot for 2009/2010. Genuine questions I promise you and I'm not making any point here, simply curious as to where we are in the 'spending other peoples money' pecking order ;)

He had a fantastic second half against West Ham.

thats just because he scored, he didn't do much more in that game i seem remember. Andrews is not a right back end off, we need to replace oojier and not just rely on Emerton coming back

Nicko, and I know it sounds like a set-up question but again it's not, are there many other EPL clubs whose owners are inputting a zero transfer pot for 2009/2010. Genuine questions I promise you and I'm not making any point here, simply curious as to where we are in the 'spending other peoples money' pecking order ;)

Money is tight everywhere. At least you are not hopelessly in debt and fretting about paying the mortgage.

You can't under-estimate just how good the Roque sale is for you. I can't think of many clubs in your 'range' who won the pools like that. It changes so much.

If you look at Portsmouth, West Ham, Bolton, Wigan and the likes they are not planning to dip into the special reserve account. They are all downsizing.

Stoke City are an exception because they have a wealthy backer, Sunderland are about to go nuts and obviously Manchester City have an oil well or two in the back garden.

So, overall, life isn't so bad at your place.

thats just because he scored, he didn't do much more in that game i seem remember. Andrews is not a right back end off, we need to replace oojier and not just rely on Emerton coming back

Nah, I'd say the 45 against West Ham were his best in our shirt. He was up and down, in space constantly and did most of the attacking on his own. His goal was deserved as well, he clearly made a difference with his attacking play.

That said, I want us to sign another Right Back and have KA as third choice RB and CM. He is a squaddie.

I know we've had the arguements about reducing the age of our squad before, but I feel that with the injuries we constantly have in the middle of the park that there may be a spot in there for another old head. Which leads me on to Hamman. I've just seen him on SSN talking about wanting to play another two seasons in the Premier League and that he has started his badges. Not sure if his exclusion for large parts last season was down to injury or tactics, but I feel that he could offer us something in that department now that both Tugay and Moko have left. Thoughts?

Strangely enough, i was just thinking the same thing.

Accyrover

Nah, I'd say the 45 against West Ham were his best in our shirt. He was up and down, in space constantly and did most of the attacking on his own. His goal was deserved as well, he clearly made a difference with his attacking play.

That said, I want us to sign another Right Back and have KA as third choice RB and CM. He is a squaddie.

Andrews did have an excelelnt game. He was helped out by West Ham being utterly uninterested in attacking us though, so he was never really put under any pressure.

Andrews has a role to play as a midfielder in my book, but there is utterly no way he should play at right back unless we have no other option.

Andrews did have an excelelnt game. He was helped out by West Ham being utterly uninterested in attacking us though, so he was never really put under any pressure.

Andrews has a role to play as a midfielder in my book, but there is utterly no way he should play at right back unless we have no other option.

I agree with 99% of that, but West Ham did attack. He dealt with it well until he got "done" by Dyer in the last few minutes and Samba (?) brought him down in the box. I can forgive getting out-sprinted by Dyer though, to be honest...

Strangely enough, i was just thinking the same thing.

Accyrover

Hamman was a great player, how he will be now, I dont know but his decision making and positional play are excellent and so they should be for a German International midfielder, however, I do thing we need young legs in midfield, its the toughest job in the team, how Tugay played at 38 amazes me, we need some real dynamite in there!!

I agree with 99% of that, but West Ham did attack. He dealt with it well until he got "done" by Dyer in the last few minutes and Samba (?) brought him down in the box. I can forgive getting out-sprinted by Dyer though, to be honest...

You remember it differently to me, iirc WH were camped in their own half for the middle hour of the game . It only changed when Dyer and a young lad (forgotten his name) came on.

We should have won about 4-1.

Didn't Sam try and sign Hamman for Bolton? Seem to remember the debacle with him signing for Bolton but deciding he had made a mistake and joined Man City?

He's a good player and somebody who could sit in front of the back four. You don't need great legs for that role, just a footballing brain - which he has. I'd be happy with him coming in on a free.

Didn't Sam try and sign Hamman for Bolton? Seem to remember the debacle with him signing for Bolton but deciding he had made a mistake and joined Man City?

He's a good player and somebody who could sit in front of the back four. You don't need great legs for that role, just a footballing brain - which he has. I'd be happy with him coming in on a free.

Bolton signed Hamann then he signed for City weeks later without ever playing. Bolton didn't mind, they made a profit.

EDIT: I'm slightly wrong, Bolton got him on a pre-contract which he changed his mind about. Then City paid them £400,000 compensation.

Hamann is definitely without a club...that's as of five minutes ago.

It's an interesting one because Sam was fuming when he snubbed him, but then tried to get him again a few months later.

I think time may be against him now, but he was a very good player. You never know, if the Rothen move broke down...

Money is tight everywhere. At least you are not hopelessly in debt and fretting about paying the mortgage.

You can't under-estimate just how good the Roque sale is for you. I can't think of many clubs in your 'range' who won the pools like that. It changes so much.

If you look at Portsmouth, West Ham, Bolton, Wigan and the likes they are not planning to dip into the special reserve account. They are all downsizing.

Stoke City are an exception because they have a wealthy backer, Sunderland are about to go nuts and obviously Manchester City have an oil well or two in the back garden.

So, overall, life isn't so bad at your place.

I remember you saying that last year when Bentley went and we had money to spend, let's hope this year we spend the money the right way and don't flutter it all away on rubbish.

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of Davies in a way purely because it would hopefully be less than half of what we have to spend and because other targets seem to be way out or our range or incredibly risky. At least with Davies what you see is what you get.

I remember you saying that last year when Bentley went and we had money to spend, let's hope this year we spend the money the right way and don't flutter it all away on rubbish.

You did have some money. You spent it on Robinson, Grella, Andrews and - to an extent - Fowler's wages and Villanueva's loan as well as Simpson [who may or may not have been a swap for a goalie coach].

That was before Diouf and Givet on loan.

When you factor in wages for the year that was a fair old sum.

Archived