BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned on here already but does no one think Owen is worth the gamble ?

He will be free. Get him to take a pay cut to cover costs, he will be local to his home etc.

His record as an injured bit-part player for Newcastle is a goal every 2 games.

I think it will be a good move for both parties and i would be made up if we got him.

I would welcome Owen with open arms. Hes still a very dangerous player. Wages must be a big stumbling block though!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're not involved then?

I don't think so. Saw him a couple of times for West Brom, does some good things but very erratic in front of goal.

If he is a £4 million player than Davies at £5 million is a steal.

I don't think so. Saw him a couple of times for West Brom, does some good things but very erratic in front of goal.

If he is a £4 million player than Davies at £5 million is a steal.

Nicko are Hull the only club active on trying to sign Owen at the moment?

Nicko are Hull the only club active on trying to sign Owen at the moment?

As far as I know, but they think he is going to Celtic...who think he is going to a club in England.

His agent is doing a good job of confusing everyone.

He's not worth the fuss.

• Backroom

As sain in the Davies thread I think a Owen and davies partnership would work well and Owens presence would be good for the club in regards to ticket sales i think.

You can read it for yourself, it is Tribalfootball though, as previously mentioned. Hardly the bible.

I read it for myself then i went to eurosport.fr and researched it. there are no reports that i can see on that website saying anything about fees agreed or anything like that and i do read French very well. So either tribal are doing their usual and seeing the listing as a probable Blackburn signing as fee agreed i.e. jumping the gun or I've missed an article somewhere. Mr Nixon's rubbishing of the deal being agreed suggests it's tribal getting ahead of itself.

Funny how Davies is old, yesterday's man etc. and yet some here want a player in Owen who has spent the last few years playing Eye spy in a surgery waiting for a new set of legs whilst taking £100,000 p/w to allegedly fund a gambling habit. Or so it has been said elsewhere. Owen is finished. Sam has seen it, and Capello has seen it.

Nicko, you said thee other day that we had been at a Mallorca game but you had no info as to who we where watching.

Heres one thats on the move AM and I would think in our price range.

Arango

He's been looked at for a while, very talented but a bit erratic. And there is a hint of the THREE CLUB RULE about it too.

Fernando Morientes is on a free anyone?

My underrated player of the day suitable for us at 3 million who is very fast and a good dribbler is Wigan target Albert Crusat.

Morrientes' Sell-by date came and went about 2 seasons ago. barge pole stuff.

You did have some money. You spent it on Robinson, Grella, Andrews and - to an extent - Fowler's wages and Villanueva's loan as well as Simpson [who may or may not have been a swap for a goalie coach].

That was before Diouf and Givet on loan.

When you factor in wages for the year that was a fair old sum.

Yeh sorry I didn't mean it like that, I appreciate we spent a fair bit but that's why I said spend it more wisely and not flutter it away, out of the ones that joined in the summer only Robbo, Andrews and Grella are still here, for the price Robbo and Andrews were good deals but the jury is still out on Grella.

Patience could be the key here, we don't want to miss out on any targets to other clubs but with circa £15m to spend which initially seems like a lot we need to remember that we could do with 4 or 5 players capable of playing in the first team squad now so it's important that we get the right people not just any old sod.

Davies looks like more of a good deal by the minute to me, I don't like the price being circa 5m at all but all that tells me is that someone younger/marginally better is going to be 10m+ which we can't afford due to needing to strenghen other areas of the squad.

Buying young unproven players is fantastic when it comes off but relegation fodder when it doesn't, I had enough of that last season, right now we are in a place where we need to rebuild and re-establish ourselves in the short term and ensure that relegation is not an option this season before we think about progressing.

Di Santo isn't a done deal yet, it only takes Ancelotti to decide he wants to keep him and the deal is dead so we still need to budget for at least two strikers, two center midfielders, a right back and a center back just to replace the players that have either retired or moved on. Midfield has to be a major issue as our current crop of Emerton, Reid, Dunn and Grella are no certainties to be fit for next year.

It does worry me a little that Derbs is going before anyone else comes in, hopefully BFS knows something I don't, guess there's a good chance of that, him being the manager and all.

Savage is a legend, never underestimate what he did here. He was one of the reasons why we challenged for Europe under Hughes and one of the reasons why we didn't manage that after he got injured and eventually left. You can never take that away from him, however much you try to ridicule him.

Savage is a legend, never underestimate what he did here. He was one of the reasons why we challenged for Europe under Hughes and one of the reasons why we didn't manage that after he got injured and eventually left. You can never take that away from him.

Was having a laugh...love him to death. Great signing, despite his age and cost [you know where this is going...]

And if you check back it was me and him who came up with the 'Blackburn is closer to Wrexham than Birmingham City' geographical equation.

Proud of that one. :lol:

Nicko can you expand on"erratic" Just been watching all the clips of Arango, he must have some baggage to be touted at 4m.

I know it's Youtube, he's amazing, I wouldn't think twice about signing him, guess thats why I don't have a place in Dubai.

Was having a laugh...love him to death. Great signing, despite his age and cost [you know where this is going...]

And if you check back it was me and him who came up with the 'Blackburn is closer to Wrexham than Birmingham City' geographical equation.

Proud of that one. :lol:

Excellent, I remember screenshots of Google maps being posted on every forum in the country :lol:

Nicko can you expand on"erratic" Just been watching all the clips of Arango, he must have some baggage to be touted at 4m.

I know it's Youtube, he's amazing, I wouldn't think twice about signing him, guess thats why I don't have a place in Dubai.

Great skills, but can go out of a game. Good on free kicks and does some exciting things. However he can go missing off the radar at times. Interesting signing for a side that can afford a 'luxury' player.

Funny how Davies is old, yesterday's man etc. and yet some here want a player in Owen who has spent the last few years playing Eye spy in a surgery waiting for a new set of legs whilst taking £100,000 p/w to allegedly fund a gambling habit. Or so it has been said elsewhere. Owen is finished. Sam has seen it, and Capello has seen it.

Just a few points.

Owen is 29. Davies is 32.

Owen is free. Davies is £5m+

Owen still has a good goals to games ratio (when he plays). Davies had his best season last season and got 12.

You can see why people would argue that Owen is better value for money but neither have a resale value. Should be looking at Bent IMO.

Just a few points.

Owen is 29. Davies is 32.

Owen is free. Davies is £5m+

Owen still has a good goals to games ratio (when he plays). Davies had his best season last season and got 12.

You can see why people would argue that Owen is better value for money but neither have a resale value. Should be looking at Bent IMO.

You don't know Davies's cost Modes.

Archived