BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Just had a quick look at Owen's stats after reading through his brochure. Seems he has played the same amount of games as Santa Cruz over the past couple of years and scored only four less (57 games 19 goals)! Even worse is one of the greatest con men in the game Craig Bellamy, he has a mighty return of 9 goals in 32 games over the past three years! We really dodged a bullet getting rid of him.

Makes you think, Owen on a three year 60k per week contract will cost us 9.36 million. Davies on 35k per week and a 5 million fee would cost us 10.46 over the same period.

Certainly makes me think!

You have to also add in 4-5 million in medical costs, trips to the states for flashy knee jobs, and lost wages into the Owen equation.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owen seems to be catching up with Robbie Fowler pretty quickly though in terms of living on past glories. If he was sure of being his former self, then yes he'd be a good signing. However, he has little of his pace, is as rusty as Rhona Cameron's bicycle and will want big wages means he is most likely a lost cause. He'd need to be all the games up until October to get match fit, and I don't see that happening.

The fact his agent felt the need to produce some 32 page brochure to flog his client, despite him having a very good international record, and having played for some of the best known clubs in the world shows that he is desperate and his career is going downhill fast.

Why not sign Ian Rush, re-sign Robbie Fowler or make a raid on Les Ferdinand?

Joe Cole would be a great signing for Rovers - possibly wont happen as UK players are over-priced. If Santa Cruz is worth 15-18 million, joe cole is defo worth that if not double

JOE COLE, first choice England left winger, walk into any team in the league, yeah worth considering.

unbelievable.

That Ribery lad aint bad either, prob should have a look. May cost a tad more then Santa but now we have the Derbs money who knows..

I'm on the mobile so can't really trawl back dozens of pages to see what's been said but was that LET article this morning some kind of sick joke? (Re. Our transfer budget). Firstly it says we're only looking to bring in 2 more players unless no more leave (despite the fact that half of our squad has just left and that we have just two strikers) it then goes on to say that Di Santo will only probably arrive if Gallagher leaves!! If we bring in just a right back and one striker from now til the season starts (which they suggest as our targets) then I can safely say that we'd be heading for the championship. Where do they get their 'sources'?

Joe Cole would be a great signing for Rovers - possibly wont happen as UK players are over-priced. If Santa Cruz is worth 15-18 million, joe cole is defo worth that if not double

JOE COLE?

Are people being serious here? There is absolutely no chance Joe Cole will become a Blackburn Rovers player!

Things really are getting silly, Talking about silly..... whens Davies signing? :lol:

I'm on the mobile so can't really trawl back dozens of pages to see what's been said but was that LET article this morning some kind of sick joke? (Re. Our transfer budget). Firstly it says we're only looking to bring in 2 more players unless no more leave (despite the fact that half of our squad has just left and that we have just two strikers) it then goes on to say that Di Santo will only probably arrive if Gallagher leaves!! If we bring in just a right back and one striker from now til the season starts (which they suggest as our targets) then I can safely say that we'd be heading for the championship. Where do they get their 'sources'?

It said purchasing, there will be a coupleof free transfers I would think on top of that!!

We have released a massive amount on th wage bill so heres hoping!!

JOE COLE?

Are people being serious here? There is absolutely no chance Joe Cole will become a Blackburn Rovers player

I know! He's no where near good enough to grace our turf!

That Barcelona chap on the other hand...

£3 million with 30% sell on as far as i am aware. Official confirmation: http://www.olympiakos.gr/index.html?lang=en#/Article/26003/

Can't help but feel very depressed at this. If Rothen and Davies come in, our teams average age is going to go through the roof with Derbs and Cruz out. Yes we signed Elrio, but he isn't even going to be ready till at least halfway through the season according to Sam.

Can't help but feel lied to by Sam...

What's your problem? Cruz wanted to go and Derbyshire isn't good enough. I came away from Blyth last season feeling totally depressed after watching Derbyshire struggle against non-League defenders. We have got good money for both of them. Sam was brought in to manage the club and that is what he is doing. Sam will be judged on results. If he doesn't achieve them he will come under pressure from the board. Ultimately, if it's his job on the line he will want to surround himself with players who HE feels will get those results. You can't run a club by having a poll every time the manager wants to sign a player to see if the supporters think he is acceptable to them. Sam gets paid good money to make tough decisions. He stands or falls by the success of those decisions but at the end of the day they are HIS decisions to make not ours.

Sounds interesting. I assume Davies is who you are hinting at.

Rotehn has to be sorted out, Davies has to be sorted out, there is still a wait on Di Santo.

And there is an upleasant surprise in the morning about a player you were after.

What's your problem? Cruz wanted to go and Derbyshire isn't good enough. I came away from Blyth last season feeling totally depressed after watching Derbyshire struggle against non-League defenders. We have got good money for both of them. Sam was brought in to manage the club and that is what he is doing. Sam will be judged on results. If he doesn't achieve them he will come under pressure from the board. Ultimately, if it's his job on the line he will want to surround himself with players who HE feels will get those results. You can't run a club by having a poll every time the manager wants to sign a player to see if the supporters think he is acceptable to them. Sam gets paid good money to make tough decisions. He stands or falls by the success of those decisions but at the end of the day they are HIS decisions to make not ours.

At last some sense! :rover:

Exactly, that is 100% correct!!

Rotehn has to be sorted out, Davies has to be sorted out, there is still a wait on Di Santo.

And there is an upleasant surprise in the morning about a player you were after.

How unpleasant?

Joe cole is a lot more realistic that some of the other names being banded about like Ronaldinho - excuse me for having a opinion on an internet board!

Who in the name of Nicko was suggesting Ronaldinho in a serious way?

Joe cole is a lot more realistic that some of the other names being banded about like Ronaldinho - excuse me for having a opinion on an internet board!

You do realise that the guy who suggested Ronaldinho was taking the ###### out of you, right?

What, what, what?!!!

Also if we dont sign a central midfielder AND someone for the right wing I will seriously reconsider my plans to buy a season ticket and travel from London.

We have been lacking a spark in midfield for the last year now, and as we all know Emerton is only of any use to us at RB.

We are all musing (and I think its likley) that we will play 4-5-1..so bring Davies in...I know he is a berk, but he has been outstanding at what he does in the last few years, and I rekon if we spend some decent money on a decent RM we will be laughing. Id be happy with Rothen at CM..

I wonder what league position we will be budgeting for this season?..and another thought, why cant the board use say just 4 or 5 million to service debt, and give that extra 3 or 4 million to Sam..it will hardly bankrupt us will it?.....it is a slight gamble, and a gamble i think it could be worth taking..speculate to accumalate and all that..

• Backroom

This sounds ominous, i hope its not bad news on the Hoillet case or a potential target joining them down the road.

Archived