BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never the best at math but isn't 18+3+3 (Cruz, Derbs and Moko) = 24, not 13 million, as it is reported we have to spend?

I know parts of the fund need to go to other places, but this an entire 9 million that is missing. Something is definitely not right.

That's wrong Jim !

I think this is a summer transfer window where we actually have the ability to gamble on the transfers.

From January Sam took us to europen place with the current squad.

We have sold Roque, but he didnt feature at all - ie we have the same squad that did bring in a lot of points under Sam last season.

With a couple of young and potential players we will have a very good squad and probably a little bit of resale value.

If you look at Wigan you can see how well they have done it; Valencia, Palacios, Heskey etc

We are a club that have to transform into this model to stay in the premier league.

I never imagined that I would wish for my club to emulate Wigan but that moment has arrived! Only way for us to survive is to sign promising players with a potentially high transfer fee should they succeed and to get the academy producing.

I was never the best at math but isn't 18+3+3 (Cruz, Derbs and Moko) = 24, not 13 million, as it is reported we have to spend?

I know parts of the fund need to go to other places, but this an entire 9 million that is missing. Something is definitely not right.

Is 13 from 24 not 11, and does JW no we got 3 fro Moko, thought he was released.

Is 13 from 24 not 11, and does JW no we got 3 fro Moko, thought he was released.

What I mean is I understand a couple of million might go to other places, but still that should leave us with another 10 million or so give or take.

and yeah, my mistake, we didn't get anything for Mokoena. So that makes it a smaller sum, but still - money is missing.

What I mean is I understand a couple of million might go to other places, but still that should leave us with another 10 million or so give or take.

and yeah, my mistake, we didn't get anything for Mokoena. So that makes it a smaller sum, but still - money is missing.

You should no better this is BRFC.

I'm sure no one knows, it's all guess work by the LET amongst others.

Guest benmaxwell
What's your problem? Cruz wanted to go and Derbyshire isn't good enough.

It's not so much loosing those 2 players, it's more what i know is coming in to replace them. As i have just said in the Kevin Davies topic. Sam does not have the best record in buying strikers. Read it to understand...

In this mornings papers we are being linked again with Peter Crouch. Guessing it's possible that Sam might try a offer because of the backroom people that arent impressed with the prospect of a high money offer for Davies (as Nicko said a bit earlier)...

I'm not the only person that's expressed worry about the Derbs/Cruz/Davies departure/arrival by the way..?

The Mail has us linked to another center-back by the way in Pape Diakhate of Dynamo Kiev (dont know a thing about him personally): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Diakhate.html

Hopefully the unpleasant news is that Davies has rejected our approach. Obviously by unpleasant I'm referring to Allardyce's view, for the majority of the Rovers fan base it'd be great news.

hoppefully it means davies broke a leg ski-ing or something

i'd sooner spend 5m on fortune he looked useful in a crap team

Unpleasant surprise? Oh dear we have made a 10mill offer for Grabbi? Wouldnt be surprised though, as we linked with 5mill Davies. And here i thought we might do well in the transfer market for once with Big Sam in charge, after being linked with players like Bojan, Dzeko, Janko, Eidur, Civelli etc etc. I wonder if Ince is our new chief scout, Grrrr!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21466827/

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has put Peter Crouch top of his wishlist after being handed £13million to replace Roque Santa Cruz.

Rovers will use part of the combined £21m from the sales of Santa Cruz, to Manchester City, and Matt Derbyshire, to Olympiacos, to reduce their debts, with losses of £8m expected to be posted for last season.

The rest will bolster Allardyce's transfer kitty - and England star Crouch is his No.1 target. Allardyce has coveted Crouch for years, but it remains to be seen if he can tempt the former Liverpool striker back up north from Portsmouth.

Big Sam is desperate to recruit a new targetman and is also eyeing up Bolton's Kevin Davies and James Beattie, at Stoke.

However neither Premier League clubs are thought to be willing to sell their prized frontmen at a price which would suit Allardyce's pocket.

the first person to bring up joe cole on this thread was danish villan, so im guessing that he was enquiring about any villa interest, and people have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.

rovers + joe cole = no chance

It was Eoin's fault, he was on the wrong side of a few can's last night by all accounts ;)

It's not so much loosing those 2 players, it's more what i know is coming in to replace them. As i have just said in the Kevin Davies topic. Sam does not have the best record in buying strikers. Read it to understand...

But the point that I do understand and tried to make is that it is Sam's decision who he buys not yours or mine. My point was that we pay him a decent wage to make these type of decisions. As I said his job depends on getting it right. Therefore he will buy players who he believes will achieve the best results for him and for us.

The Mail has us linked to another center-back by the way in Pape Diakhate of Dynamo Kiev (dont know a thing about him personally): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Diakhate.html

Anyone thinking that Sam is thinking about turning Samba into a target man?

Actually I think that might be a clever idea. I think it is easier to find a relatively cheap and very good centre-back than a proven target man.

I also seem to think that Samba has all the attributes to play a target man together with a pacey forward or attacking midfielder.

It may not be a bad idea. He has good ball skills and looked very dangerous against WBA. Given that Givet has come in as well, it could be something he considers. Buy a better CM or a CF with pace.

But the point that I do understand and tried to make is that it is Sam's decision who he buys not yours or mine. My point was that we pay him a decent wage to make these type of decisions. As I said his job depends on getting it right. Therefore he will buy players who he believes will achieve the best results for him and for us.

It's not hard to grasp is it PB.

Some people aren't prepared to sit back and see what happens, they have to throw a hissy fit at every name thrown in the air.

Archived