BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Its hard to see where Gallagher would fit in? Maybe play behind the target man as understudy for McCarthy? Sort of where Okacha played in his time at Bolton.

-----------------Davies (for arguments sake...)

--Pedersen---Gallagher-----Diouf

---------Warnock------Reid

Givet----Nelsen----Samba--Emerton

--------------Robinson

Its the only way I could see him get the space he needs. Clever player but absolutely no physical presence or pace at all...

its a solid defence but i don't see any goals in that line up............needs at least 3 better newer players in there

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img.382738_t.jpg

i `d like to throw in a name for Mr Williams Ismael Bangoura............Bangoura's favourite position is striker, although he has played as an winger and attacking midfielder. He is well known for his pace............

The 24-year-old has two years left on his contract but there is a buy-out clause which allows him to leave for £8million. But it is thought Kiev would allow him to depart for a figure closer to £7m.......................................

Go On Mr Williams go for him............The last player i recommended was Valencia before Wign snapped him up........Dont get stung twice..........

What about this for a team?

Robinson - ****/Emerton if fit, Samba, Nelsen, Givet - Diouf or Emerton if fit, *****, Warnock or Rothen, Pedersen - Davies, Di Santo.

That lets Dunn and Reid get ready, leaves Grella on the bench and Roberts on the bench. McCarthy can go if you ask me.

Cracking defence if you get a right back...Strong midfield if you find a 'real' general...Big and tasty strike force.

Robinson - ****/Emerton if fit, Samba, Nelsen, Givet - Diouf or Emerton if fit, *****, Warnock or Rothen, Pedersen - Davies, Di Santo.

That lets Dunn and Reid get ready, leaves Grella on the bench and Roberts on the bench. McCarthy can go if you ask me.

Cracking defence if you get a right back...Strong midfield if you find a 'real' general...Big and tasty strike force.

Sorry nicko.. pass. Please not Davies. Agree with the rest of the sentiments

Based on Burnley's budget, would you want Davies for £6m?

Don't know where the goals are going to come from. Davies had one decent goalscoring season, prior to that his goalscoring record has been average. Di Santo is young, huge potential but may need time to find his feet. Pedersen has been rubbish for 2-3 seasons, can't score anymore and Diouf doesn't score many. Warnock will chip in with the odd goal though.

Sorry I just can't see that team scoring enough goals to keep us up.

An apology. I forgot to say that unleaded was the poster who worked out that Di Santo was Mister X within a couple of hours.

The guy should receive a round of applause at this point.

Scared the pants off me - and kept it quiet. A star.

Nicko, with the lack of reported interest in midfielders (especially ones that are of the box-to-box variety), do you think Sam is relying heavily on getting Reidy and Dunny fit?

We know that Dunny when fit adds a lot to this team, he can dribble and run at players. Reidy if we could keep him fit and get him back to his form that saw us make sixth and a couple of points off 5th would be a huge asset.

Its a huge gamble to make though, trying to keep them both fit.

Nicko, if you look Davies's scoring record he doesn't look like a lean mean goal scoring machine does he ?

I for one, can't understand why you are advocating this move so badly?

It's the manager who is after him...I can see the sense in it.

Nicko, if you look Davies's scoring record he doesn't look like a lean mean goal scoring machine does he ?

looking at the team nicko suggests my first thought was who will actually score. We've put up with a lack of goals for quite a while now. I know you actually only need one more than the opposition to win but I can't see the one on a regular enough basis from that team, unless there's some fantastic midfield scoring machine on the horizon that he's not telling us about.

Nicko, with the lack of reported interest in midfielders (especially ones that are of the box-to-box variety), do you think Sam is relying heavily on getting Reidy and Dunny fit?

We know that Dunny when fit adds a lot to this team, he can dribble and run at players. Reidy if we could keep him fit and get him back to his form that saw us make sixth and a couple of points off 5th would be a huge asset.

Its a huge gamble to make though, relying on keeping them both fit.

I am pretty sure you will sign a midfield player or two [including Rothen in that two]. Remember when Sam went away the Roque deal had not happened and he was scarping round the bargain bin.

Now you have a few quid - so hopefully some good midfield can be found.

If I mentioned the name I heard two weeks ago I would in all likelihood be killed.

its because he's not being bought to be an out and out striker who will score 20+ goals a season.

He's being bought to be a target man which in turn will create more chances for other players......hopefully

its because he's not being bought to be an out and out striker who will score 20+ goals a season.

He's being bought to be a target man which in turn will create more chances for other players......hopefully

The point is who will put them away?

Pedersen- based off the form over the past few years he won't

Diouf- not prolific.

Benni- Maybe, though Sam won't play him if he carries on his Mcdonald's diet.

Di Santo (If he comes)- Big ask, young and may need time to find his feet.

Roberts- Chip in with the odd goal but we all know he isn't the best finisher.

Davies may create chances but who will put them away?

I am pretty sure you will sign a midfield player or two [including Rothen in that two]. Remember when Sam went away the Roque deal had not happened and he was scarping round the bargain bin.

Now you have a few quid - so hopefully some good midfield can be found.

If I mentioned the name I heard two weeks ago I would in all likelihood be killed.

Graham Alexander :wacko:

go on, name names. Some of the overreaction to Davies has been hilarious

Can't help but feel very depressed at this. If Rothen and Davies come in, our teams average age is going to go through the roof with Derbs and Cruz out. Yes we signed Elrio, but he isn't even going to be ready till at least halfway through the season according to Sam.

Can't help but feel lied to by Sam...

im sure those 2 wont be the only deals to come in if he said he will bring the age down im sure he already knows the people

he wants to bring in why disbelieve him. its only the end of june there is 2 months before the window closes..

he still has people to get shut of yet and if david hoilett comes back and di santos comes plus maybe a couple of 24ish year

olds come in that will bring the age down right?

Graham Alexander :wacko:

go on, name names. Some of the overreaction to Davies has been hilarious

You are not getting The Legend That is Alexander...

I heard the name of a midfield target you are supposed to be after from a senior figure at a rival club, but I am NOT naming him. No way. Full stop. No PMs. Thank you.

Guest benmaxwell

Nicko, quick fair and honest question that i would really like you to answer. Where will the 40-50 goals come from next season if we have a frontline of Benni, Roberts, Di Santo and Davies. If you take their average goal counts per season, that barely makes up half the 45 odd goals it takes to survive in the Premier League?

Oh and i'm willing to bet the midfielder that would have us all up in arms will probably be Alan Smith. Either him or Joey Barton, Nicky Butt or Kevin Nolan.

True. You have to look at the career records of those individuals and their average per season.

None of them other than Benni hit more than 10 goals a season and thats when they usually play about 35 or so games and that wont happen when 4 people are being juggled around. That leaves Di Santo. A big ask to expect more than 10 goals from him.

We need a GOALSCORER.

Nicko, quick fair and honest question that i would really like you to answer. Where will the 40-50 goals come from next season if we have a frontline of Benni, Roberts, Di Santo and Davies. If you take their average goal counts per season, that barely makes up half the 45 odd goals it takes to survive in the Premier League?

Is it only strikers who score goals? Its more a concerned that our midfielders are not contributing much to help out our strikers. We did well when Pedersen, Tugay, Reid and Dunn were getting their fair share of goals.

Archived