BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

He is very good.

Great left shot and has improved a lot in the air.

He can also score some good freekicks.

He isn't very mobile.

As a Benfica and Rovers fan, I wouldn't want him to leave Benfica... But if he does, I hope is is for Rovers.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is very good.

Great left shot and has improved a lot in the air.

He can also score some good freekicks.

He isn't very mobile.

As a Benfica and Rovers fan, I wouldn't want him to leave Benfica... But if he does, I hope is is for Rovers.

Lets hope he stays where he is at currently.

Anybody know where Pogrynabek(fook i cant spell his name) might land up? Nicko any idea, as we were linked but the little bugger thought we were to small a team for him. Havent heard any of the big 4, or even Villa,Everton or Spurs linked with him either.

Guest benmaxwell
News here in Portugal:

Blackburn Rovers have been following Oscar cardozo from Sl Benfica.

He is Rovers target to replace Santa Cruz.

Release clause : €50 million.

I doubt Benfica would sell for less than €20 million.

For those that can read portuguese or want to translate:

http://noticias.sapo.pt/desporto/info/artigo/1000934.html

Something along the lines of:

Óscar Cardozo followed for the Blackburn Rovers

The advanced Paraguayan of the SL Benfica, Óscar Cardozo, is to be followed by the English of the Blackburn Rovers. The club of the Premier League looks a substitute for Roque Santa Cruz that it signed for the Manchester City. In accordance with the Radio Renaissance, the English go to try to contract optimum goleador (??) of the Benfica to colmatar the exit of the Paraguayan, Roque Santa Cruz. Cardozo has contract until June of a 2012 and clause of 50 million euros.

Anybody know where Pogrynabek(fook i cant spell his name) might land up? Nicko any idea, as we were linked but the little bugger thought we were to small a team for him. Havent heard any of the big 4, or even Villa,Everton or Spurs linked with him either.

I don't really want to go there, but a chap called spencey7 seems to be secretary of the local branch of his fan club.

No chance, although his contract runs out in November making him a possible bargain buy it seems he only has eyes for Arsenal and after what he said a couple of weeks ago about the offer we made in January I think there's more chance of David Bentley of doing a u-turn than Pog joining us 'relegation candidates'....

"I was puzzled when Zenit general director Maksim Mitrofanov said he was going to talk me into accepting Blackburn's offer in the winter transfer window. I could only laugh at it. Yes, I dream of playing in England - but I'm not interested in Blackburn who are struggling against relegation."

Source: http://community.footballpools.com/blog/20...ams-of-england/

I suppose you could argue we a different team now but seems his ego puts this guy out of our reach.

Guest benmaxwell

Type in Oscar Cardozo Blackburn Rovers into Google. It's a story that is really picking up pace abroad, specifically in Spain and Portugal:

Latest translated is:

The Blackburn Rovers are prepared to go to the purchase of Oscar Cardozo, and exploratory contacts with the representative of the player can follow up with a practical presentation of respect aoBenfica proposed transfer.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...0%26tbs%3Dqdr:d

As far as i can make out, it says that Sam has been in discussions with them about signing him..?

• Backroom

Poggy's quality on FM, not been so kind to Rovers IRL though :D

He seems to think we're too small for him. Shame, as I'm not sure any of the bigger clubs will go for him.

Reports here in south wales suggest Bolton are in for Ferrie Bodde from Swansea City at around £2m (though swans want closer to £4-5m- not that they'll get it).

Being a frequent visitor to the liberty I have to say that would be a fantastic bit of business for Bolton, he he a fantastic range of passing and would be exactly what Rovers need; a tugay-esq passer of the ball with a decent goal record, for a central midfielder (including one from 45yds v preston last season).

Proven in the premiership; no. injured for half of last season; yes. but he's 26 so why not take a punt for that sort of money?? If he hadnt have gotten injured in Nov Swans would have likely made the play offs, and he'd have been one of the top midfielders in the divsion, no doubt...his stats up til his injury prove that.

Reports here in south wales suggest Bolton are in for Ferrie Bodde from Swansea City at around £2m (though swans want closer to £4-5m- not that they'll get it).

Being a frequent visitor to the liberty I have to say that would be a fantastic bit of business for Bolton, he he a fantastic range of passing and would be exactly what Rovers need; a tugay-esq passer of the ball with a decent goal record, for a central midfielder (including one from 45yds v preston last season).

Proven in the premiership; no. injured for half of last season; yes. but he's 26 so why not take a punt for that sort of money?? If he hadnt have gotten injured in Nov Swans would have likely made the play offs, and he'd have been one of the top midfielders in the divsion, no doubt...his stats up til his injury prove that.

Agreed, he was excellent before the injury. With our injury prone midfield, it maybe a risk to pursue him? Martinez has already snapped up Jordi Gomez for only 1.7 million and he will shine for Wigan next season no doubt at all.

I don't really want to go there, but a chap called spencey7 seems to be secretary of the local branch of his fan club.

:)

I wouldn't say I'm at the stage of starting up a fan club...yet. But -

I do believe he's a great finisher, strong, quick, available and has his best years ahead of him.

An altogether better option than Kevin Davies.

Agreed, he was excellent before the injury. With our injury prone midfield, it maybe a risk to pursue him? Martinez has already snapped up Jordi Gomez for only 1.7 million and he will shine for Wigan next season no doubt at all.

Very true, it's a risk for someone certainly but I get the impression either Bolton or Wigan are likely to take the punt and I'd hate to see him go to either and be a success if he was in Rovers price range all along. You're right about Gomez too at 1.7m.

Caicedo maybe close to Sporting Lisbon because he wants to play in Champions League.

I would like to see him playing for Rovers.

Matias Fernandez will sign a 4 year deal for Sporting Lisbon.

They will pay €4.5million for part of his pass.

It seems that Veloso, a possible target for some Premier league clubs, and Moutinho ( a far better and reliable option than Veloso) are going to be available, their agent Zahavi will be responsible to sell at least one of them.

If we hade enough money, Moutinho would be ideal ofr our midfield...

Pavel Pogrebnyak is definately someone id like to see at Ewood but simply you cant force a player to come.

He'd be a decent price(probably), Good age, Decent record, - Did we really come close to agreeing a deal in January?

Caicedo maybe close to Sporting Lisbon because he wants to play in Champions League.

It seems that Veloso, a possible target for some Premier league clubs, and Moutinho ( a far better and reliable option than Veloso) are going to be available, their agent Zahavi will be responsible to sell at least one of them.

Everton didnt......we definately wont!

Interesting is that, according to today's news, Sporting Lisbon asked Pihavi, a football agent, to try to sell Veloso. But he is also Moutinho's agent.

Sporting need to sell, they are preparing to buy Caicedo and Fernandez but, so far, haven't sold any player this season...

News here in Portugal:

Blackburn Rovers have been following Oscar cardozo from Sl Benfica.

He is Rovers target to replace Santa Cruz.

Release clause : €50 million.

I doubt Benfica would sell for less than €20 million.

For those that can read portuguese or want to translate:

http://noticias.sapo.pt/desporto/info/artigo/1000934.html

I love Cardozo, Oklahoma.

Brillant header and second choice for Paraguay I believe.

a goodun.

Mati Fer's arrival makes Romangnoli surplus to requirements, what 's his status Okla?

Back to Argentina for him or is he looking to stay on the continent?

What makes him sound useless ? Has a tremendous goalscoring record for Benfica

hardly impressive in his first season? Loaned to Monaco and not impressing there? Benfica prepared to let him go? Doesn't soundlike setting the world alight ot me or have we got our wires crossed and you were talking about Cardoza whereas i was originally replying to what i thought was a comment on Adu?

hardly impressive in his first season? Loaned to Monaco and not impressing there? Benfica prepared to let him go? Doesn't soundlike setting the world alight ot me or have we got our wires crossed and you were talking about Cardoza whereas i was originally replying to what i thought was a comment on Adu?

Wires definitely crossed, I was talking about Cardoza. Not interested in Adu.

Thought you were being harsh !

If I mentioned the name I heard two weeks ago I would in all likelihood be killed.

So from your phrasing "If I mentioned the name I heard two weeks ago" he has not been mentioned to date on this MB but is a current Premier MF. Correct?.

Not wishing to start another MR X just clarification.

Archived