BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that all you got?

You aren't able to discuss anything, are you?

More like I'm not willing to repeat myself ad infinitum, however on this occasion I will repeat.... Christopher Samba certainly offers a threat of sorts up front but he is not a Prem quality centre forward.

Did we try to sign Valencia?!?

Apparently Mark Hughes was after him.

Wish we had kept Toogs. He could have been a big influence in luring some good Turkish players. Would love to have had us go for Arda Turan(sp), but i guess out of our price range

Im still hoping that Turkish striker lands up at Rovers. Oh whats his name, um starts with a N ends with a T. Nihat :-)

Nihat looking likely to move from Villarreal with FC Cologne and Besiktas looking to sign him.

Apparently he is reported to in the region £4-£7m

I would rather we bought him than Davies.

Besiktas move stall over transfer fee

Adu

FWIW, my opinion of Freddy. He dominates at the youth international level, mainly because the entire youth US attack is set up to run through him, he gets his foot on the ball searly and often, and usually a tad high up the pitch, where he can get a bit of time and space, and he looks amazing. Great technical skills from free kicks as well. I think he does poorly when forced too high up the field (ie a typical attacking role), when he ends up getting a more physical and a closer marker, as he's lightweight, really, easily muscled off or put off. He developed a bit of flair for diving for a while too...

In my eyes, he's almost bound to develop into a player unsuited for the EPL, unless its in a Tugay-type mold, for a team that doesn't mind his less-than-stellar defensive mindedenss. He'll be more at home in a more open, less physical league, really.

Not someone I'd think could fit into Our side, especially under Sam.

A lot of names are being banded around,but I think it will be one of Beattie,Janko or Doyle,and the young kid from Chelsea,Sam is obviously after Davies but I don't think Bolton would let him go and I don,t think he would wan't to come back. I know for a fact that if Roque had gone in January,Beattie was lined up as his replacement,that's from a very reliable source,he was also second choice way back,if we hadn't signed RSC from Germany,he could very well have a clause in his contract at Stoke,he was desperate to sign for us. Janko has been watched many many times just a worry about the league he's knocking the goals in,bit of a gamble. Doyle is the name being banded around the club,but not at 6.5 mil,would go to 4mill.

Albert Crusat - good dribbler, pace to burn, our new left winger i hope before he signs for wigan.

Bafetimbi Gomis - Great in the air, a typical big sam player but could be expensive.

Mido - great target man, boro want rid, hes a sam signing get him fit and he will score.

Watch this 20 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOKVSudyK8

Then see if you feel the same.

You can show me all the videos you want, Mido has quality, he's just so frustrating and the fact he has never played under a man manager is the problem that his abilty hasn't been on show on a more consistant basis.

If we got him on loan I'd be chuffed. Hes quality, not a bad record on the goals front, great target man and BFS has tried to sign him before.

Altidore looked plenty strong to win the ball and strike from distance against Spain. Very raw player and only 19.

Took it well and looks like he has broad shoulders when he took the top off...if he has potential Villarreal won't be letting him leave too fast.

Saw on SSN that Stoke are interested in Dean Ashton? Does anyone know if this is at all true, if so how much do we reckon he would go for? Surely we could stump up a few quid for him as he would be a good challenge to plan B Davies!

Saw on SSN that Stoke are interested in Dean Ashton? Does anyone know if this is at all true, if so how much do we reckon he would go for? Surely we could stump up a few quid for him as he would be a good challenge to plan B Davies!

Just signed a £50,000-a-week deal and is hardly ever fit.

Ideal.

If he stays fit yes, but think he has major problems!!

He was a good player, but when was the last time he started 2 games in a row? He's as bad as Reid with injuries, and you never know what effect they have had on him.

If he was in the shape he was a few years ago, then he'd be great but he is a very big risk.

Archived